First boot animation
Well I have finally created my first boot animation for the Droid DNA! Hopefully it's the first of many. Feel free to provide feedback and make suggestions.
- I have tested this on Hatka DNA 2.6.0 and Viper 1.0.1. Most Sense based ROMs should act the same.
- I know the file size is a little larger than normal 80mb vs 12mb) on the Drift animation, but i kept the quality high, and it is video rather than animated graphic. I'm going to work on getting file sizes smaller on future animations.
- Copy to your device
- Use a root explorer (I use ES File Manager) to navigate to /system/customize/resource/
- Rename the current boot animation file by changing the file extension from .zip to .bak or .old
** HATKA DNA: boot animation file is vzw_bootup.zip
** VIPER ROM: boot animation file is bootanimation.zip
- Copy/paste the downloaded boot animation file into the /system/customize/resource/ folder
- Open the File properties and make sure Group and Other have Read permissions (rw- r-- r--)
- Reboot and enjoy
DRIFT (Added 1/20)
WORLD WAR Z (Added 1/22)
MARIO POV (Added (1/23)
Roller Coaster (Added (1/24)
DNA w/Quotes (Added (1/25)
Cam this mess up your Device? Does it void warranty if you replace existing default screen? Can it be convereted back to original form if necessary?