Remember these guys take a lot of time out of their lives to do all this for free. They build the rom the way they want it, and they use it too. Be respectful, if you don't like the way it is or what they chose, then move on and use what you prefer.
Here is the Q&A part.
I am having troubles installing the Liquid Illusion rom: INSTALL PROCESS
List of features
Boot into recovery: From Power off
-Volume UP & Home button & Power Button at the same time! Hold until little vibrate and Blue text in top left corner, now you can release.
-wipe data\factory reset, cache, system.
-Install GAPPS (Google APPS) Latest 13, Mar 01
-Boot & let sit for 5 minutes (lets cache and scripts run)
-Sign in to Google and if Restoring I feel it's best to let it sit and install all those apps before messing with the phone.
-Enjoy, or how some say it "PROFIT"
If dirty flashing from this rom and OP does not require a Dirty Flash
The recommended upgrade procedure should be:
-Backup/Nandroid - Optional
-Format /System - Should be automatically done
-Wipe Dalvik cache
If they aren't new then... cool story lol. I'm gonna be so mad if the base changes again MIKE!!!!!!
Here is stuff for xposed settings and dpi and what not. I dont use any of this at all, but most like and love to tinker so I will leave it here for you guys.
Nightlys will have their own issues probably, and always. Now most common one is flickering, try a custom kernel that is built after 4-19.
- Notification img in landscape can be changed
- Transparency can be adjusted to your liking
- Notification shortcuts can be added from 4-16 of them
- Recent Rambar is customizable
- Vibration Multiplier is now here, able to lower/raise haptic feedback of capacitive buttons natively.
PowerWidget is like the toggle mod in TouchWiz or older builds of AOSP
- Buttons this will allow while on the lock screen to hold one of the capacitive/physical buttons to complete an action ie: torch, or skip track.
- a bunch of widget options for the lockscreen
- change the transperency of the lock screen
- Lock screen shortcuts
- Have the option to have up to 8 targets in lockscreen slider
- instead of just tapping on the lockscreen shorcuts you can set it to long press to open those.
- You can disable it altogether
- Quick pulldown is the option to pull from left or right corners to immediately jump into quicksettngs
- Tiles and Layout hold all the options availale
- Brightness control (must have auto brightness unchecked) allows you to slide your finger left to right accross the status bar to adjust brightness extremely handy with this display vs sun light lol
- Notification count, it shows a little blue number next to a notification if you have multiple ones.
- Then you have your clock options (right and center) Battery icons, clock and date looks and such.
- then color of the satus bar is changeable as well, all colors available (pretty much). You can change the transparency for launcher, launcher & Lockscreen, or all in all everywhere.
- CRT Screen options for on and off, off looks realy nice like a slight subtle dim.
- Notification Light options are in here if you are new to CM LED.
- I add this cause it is overlooked a lot.
- magnification gestures (Takes three taps).
- Large text optoin for those Gramps & Grams.
- Power Button to end a call.
- Home button answers a call.
- Change transmissions/animations to .5 for warp speed.
- kill app via back button.
NOW FOR SYSTEM APPS
- Group messaging is available (yes like the iPhone).
- Privacy mode (obvious what that does).
- Shop popup for incoming texts and quick reply is available.
- One of those sought out features of making a call by putting phone to face while in the text thread of the party you wish to call, is available via Direct Call.
- Messaging font size.
Currently Known bugs, work arounds, and suggestions/tips.
-A2DP (streaming music and phone calls) its fixed with 4.2.2
except for a couple of unhappy users.
-Video calls (Skype, Google Hangouts, Tango) Mixed reviews, sorry. I had low audio, some report that all is great though.
-Camera works all in all but NO PHOTOSPHERE
. While taking an image with flash the image will show without flash, but it saves normally.
-Picasa sync does not work
Install this to have it work https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rfullife&hl=en
-Getting an error reading "cannot read /data/xposed/modules.whitelist", you need to go to System settings>Interface>DPI Installer>Install. It will stop the popup.
(with this app, go to settings>general settings>access mode>select root access mode> go back to main page get root by pressing "parent folder" over and over til you can't no more.)
It will improve as the days go by, or get worse depending on what you do, NO one can tell how good battery is until at least 2 charges, so don't ask "how is battery" 6 hours after it is uploaded. Battery varies for every person, I don't play many games on my phone, Bike Race is the only one. I get 4 hours on screen time, and 12 hours of use. With MY light usage I get 1 day 16 hours with 2.5-3 hours screen on time. Everyone will have different results with their phones setup differently.
-Screen shot is done by Volume down and Power! Or by "power menu" settings>rom control>power menu>Select "Show ScreenShot" hold power button to view.
-"I don't see a 4g/H symbol" You may need to flash the latest radio from here to see it, you are getting your normal speeds regardless though. Here is the link to flashable modem List - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1860592
-Working Hex colors for notification light http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1890774
white, green, neon lime, blue, Samsung blue, Light blue/Cyan, red, yellow, orange, pink, pinksih, red-pink, purple. Look in the link for the Color code.
-THIS IS a Liquid rom with mods and CherryPicks from CM/AOKP and such!! SOME CM THINGS WILL NOT BE IN HERE, OTHERS WILL, it is the Devs' rom they will do to it as they please, but they do take requests just make sure it hasn't been asked for already, respect.
For the FUN and Customization stuff, some new some old.
all in settings
In interface you can
-Set custom carrier label
-Force Dual Panel
-Per app DPI - Explained here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post37375438
-Clock Widget (Chronus)
-Hardware Keys. You can setup the hardware keys for long press actions while in apps.
-Notification drawer- can have a custom image as the background for portrait AND landscape
-Recents Rambar _customize the look of the ram bar showing usages stats.
-Have Notification Shortcuts
In Lockscreen you can
-Have battery status for always,Button or only while charging.
-Button Configuration (long press actions)
-Have a custom image
-Set transparency from 0-100%
-Custom Text Color
*Lockscreen SECURITY DOES NOT WORK!! GO THROUGH NATIVE SECURITY!!!!
-Custom Shortcuts for 4 custom and well the unlock.
Navbar stuff. I don't use it as I have capacitive keys that work.
Works great for me, no need for other apps to control CPU.
Powermenu Allows custom options for long press of power button
Power Widget Old School Quick Settings
Quick Settings 4.2 Tile Panel
Options available in screenies
Status Bar Options
-Brightness Control Allows sliding your finger on the status bar from left to right to adjust brightness extremely easily.
-Signal style, signal bars/text
-Battery Icon; Text, mini, solid circle(W or WO %), Dotted Circle (W or WO %), Hidden, full color options.
Battery bar (MIUI style)
-Clock Date options; Center or right(normal), clock color, am/pm small or large, Date Style lowercase or UPPERCASE, Date Format; 02-12-2013, FEB 12, TUE FEB 13, so on and so on.
-Status Bar Style
Status Bar Color
Status Bar transparency
Alpha Mode (only visible on launcher/home, Launcher and Locksreen, Always)
Everything else is pretty much AOSP style from there.