Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

note 10.1charging extremely slow

OP omnia1994

26th January 2013, 04:49 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shine 52

Charged overnight and battery charged less then 50%. Ive had it had on charger for hour and a half and has charged 7%. I think it was the update. Many problems for me since update, but this is the biggest one.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

I had the same issue for a bit. Someone said to try disconnecting and reconnecting the usb from the power block about 4 or 5 time relatively quickly and that fixed it for them... tried it and have not had an issue since even when connected to an extension. But also make sure its firmly in.

Oh.. and do this with the note plugged into the mini end of course
26th January 2013, 08:09 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 100

276 posts
I have to say that I have been very happy with the crazyondigital wall charger that was bundled with my case. I used the OEM charger for the initial charge but began using the crazyondigital charger because it's more convenient due to the fact that it's longer. It also seems to charge more qiuckly. Perhaps slow charging with the OEM charger has something to do with the USB wall wart wiring design.
27th January 2013, 10:45 AM   |  #13  
london
Thanks Meter: 14

81 posts
More
Re: note 10.1charging extremely slow
I seem to have the same type of problem I had mine on charge for 2 days now I done nothing different in the way I normaly charge, I tried both having ny note off over nite and with it on both with no luck, both time my note not fully charged.
This started on Friday gone,
If this dont charge soo. I will try factory reset since thats the other option bar getting a new charger

Sent from my GT-N8010 using xda app-developers app
27th January 2013, 12:41 PM   |  #14  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 87

274 posts
More
You sould try to use the device till it dies then try to charge it again see what happens, maybe wipe battery stats if you have cwm. Also try to get one of those battery stat monitoring apps and see if its registering proper voltage and heath

Sent from my GT-N8010 using xda app-developers app
27th January 2013, 01:17 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 40

211 posts
More
Had the same problem yesterday. my note went out of energy and shut down. So, after a while I connected it with the cable to charge. And what happened? After a hole night I got only 50% -.- I was like wtf?? then I tried the galaxy s3 charger and there was a red cross on the battery icon. Then I tried the note charger, again nothing, and like the other poster said, after a few times in and out it worked again.
28th January 2013, 02:31 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 103

725 posts
another one here with slow charging, this is a big problem, its so slow it means it drains when you are using the tablet when its plugged in, you should be able to use it and charge at the same time. I could understand if it didnt charge much when I was using it but to not charge at all is a real fail.

Has anyone logged this issue to samsung?
29th January 2013, 04:50 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 88

315 posts
Nothing has solved this problem for me.
Taking 8 hours to charge 79% is just beyond comprehension. Can't use it plugged in as it drains anyway. I want a update asap or I'm ditching this tab.

I don't know what caused this, it was fine a few weeks after the update and suddenly crippled.
29th January 2013, 06:04 AM   |  #18  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 67

271 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickfitz

I don't know what caused this, it was fine a few weeks after the update and suddenly crippled.

So it's not the update then? If it was fine for a few weeks and then suddenly crippled JB is not the problem.
More likely an Application is NOT properly compliant with JB and is draining battery or hogging
29th January 2013, 10:29 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 88

315 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbous

So it's not the update then? If it was fine for a few weeks and then suddenly crippled JB is not the problem.
More likely an Application is NOT properly compliant with JB and is draining battery or hogging

Nothing shows up as running and hogging the battery. It doesn't drain fast once charged. It just charges slow.
29th January 2013, 04:28 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 103

725 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickfitz

Nothing shows up as running and hogging the battery. It doesn't drain fast once charged. It just charges slow.

Indeed, it charges so slow it drops when you are using it plugged in, if anyone has registered their tab properly with samsung perhaps they could log a fault, I havent had chance to do this yet.

Also, has anyone tried switching back to stock to see if it resolves it?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread