OP Formhault

19th January 2013, 03:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag X-3043
Thanks Meter: 3,314

8,694 posts
More
Hello people

I had the feeling that my Note's battery is not as strong as it should / used to be... so I started investigating how could I possibly test this.

Back in the day when I had the HTC Desire, there was an app that was specifically tailored for the Nexus One, that also worked on the Desire, which showed the actual mAh capacity left in your battery. So, you simply charged your battery to 100%, then fired up the app. It did work!

That apps is no longer available. Or any other app like it. What I did find, instead, was Nova Battery Tester.

So, I charged up my phone until it showed 100%. Then, I fired up Nova Battery Tester and waited for it to do its job. 50 minutes and some -45% less battery later, the results showed that my battery holds only ~1800 mAh of its claimed capacity.

Now... I would like to ask you, the community here, to do the test. Charge your phone fully, then fire up the app. The app requires that all networks are disabled, but you can just enable airplane mode, start test, then disable airplane mode and let the test finish.

So... if there's anyone willing to do this test, please share your results. Reason why I'm asking this : I want to see whether the app actually shows accurate results or not. I am sure my battery is a bit off, but still...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Formhault For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2013, 08:56 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag XDA Sucks !
Thanks Meter: 2,022

5,043 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: Actual capacity of your battery
Sure ill try it, I feel my battery's almost dead, I rarely get a day anymore and I have no drain issues.

I'll report the results later once I've done a full charge, good thread too, should be some interesting results to follow

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
19th January 2013, 11:37 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 382

1,601 posts
More
Hmm interesting, It's a pity that I don't have the time atm. I will share my results tomorrow.
20th January 2013, 12:27 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
I guess the phone should be left alone for this test. I will do this test for my three batteries. One battery is never enough for me for one day's use.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app
20th January 2013, 01:33 AM   |  #5  
Flag Kalymnos, Dodecanisos
Thanks Meter: 43

142 posts
More
downloading and posting my results tommorow. my battery gets hardly a day with medium usage. Down at least 30 percen tfrom the day i bought it... we shall then!!
Last edited by gnikolakis; 20th January 2013 at 02:01 AM.
baz77
20th January 2013, 01:37 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
its not accurate this app at all, we tested it with other batteries in the accessory section. A search should point you there m8.
20th January 2013, 07:22 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag X-3043

8,694 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baz77

its not accurate this app at all, we tested it with other batteries in the accessory section. A search should point you there m8.

I did search... nothing conclusive returned :/

You tested it? And what capacity did it show? And what capacity should it had shown...?

Sent from my Galaxy Note
Last edited by Formhault; 20th January 2013 at 08:15 AM.
20th January 2013, 07:40 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 229

1,651 posts
More
I charged my battery to 100%, ran the application and after ~1 hour and 65% battery left, it does capacity of 1750.

20th January 2013, 08:15 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag X-3043

8,694 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzledazzle

Sure ill try it, I feel my battery's almost dead, I rarely get a day anymore and I have no drain issues.

I'll report the results later once I've done a full charge, good thread too, should be some interesting results to follow

All I'm after is results, so I can see whether the app shows accurate values or not. If everyone's getting a result from 1700 to 1900, for example, the app can't possibly be accurate... since not everyone's batteries can be as dead or as good as mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnikolakis

downloading and posting my results tommorow. my battery gets hardly a day with medium usage. Down at least 30 percen tfrom the day i bought it... we shall then!!

I also have the feeling that the phone does not last as long as it used to. Besides, when I see reviewers and other people say that this phone lasts for so long... I feel bad, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cout7

I guess the phone should be left alone for this test. I will do this test for my three batteries. One battery is never enough for me for one day's use.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app

Okay. Looking forward to your results

I know the phone should be left alone (hence the requirement of networks off), but I was expecting a call and I was okay with stopping the test to answer it.

Will do a test with all networks off, some time later. Perhaps after today's exam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskiratsingh

I charged my battery to 100%, ran the application and after ~1 hour and 65% battery left, it does capacity of 1750.

How old is your battery?

What's your opinion? Does your battery hold ~1800 mAh out of a total of ~2500? Does it feel like the battery drains out too fast...?
Last edited by Formhault; 20th January 2013 at 08:21 AM.
20th January 2013, 08:17 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag X-3043

8,694 posts
More
Mhm... XDA has failed to combine these posts together. Nevermind this post and the next one .
Last edited by Formhault; 20th January 2013 at 08:19 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread