OP andslide

9th February 2013, 12:59 PM   |  #11  
Flag 91402
Thanks Meter: 32

290 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sino8r

Doesn't the international version have fm radio? Although I have to confess... never got spirit fm radio to work on this phone. Worked fine on my G2. I just can't understand why tmobile would leave it out when some of the other models have it. Maybe to sell more data plans, huh?

You are going to hell for turning your back on htc. Lol jk i expected htc droid dna or htc butterfly on your list. But right now i believe note2 is the best.
The Following User Says Thank You to Postal Psycho For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2013, 03:40 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 11

103 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Psycho

You are going to hell for turning your back on htc. Lol jk i expected htc droid dna or htc butterfly on your list. But right now i believe note2 is the best.

omg man, when did this thread turn into comparing cell phones?
11th February 2013, 03:43 AM   |  #13  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 9

108 posts
More
Re: Q. Where is the fm radio ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy2027

omg man, when did this thread turn into comparing cell phones?

ITS POSTAL PSYCHO'S FAULT

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
13th February 2013, 06:20 AM   |  #14  
Flag pittsburg, ca
Thanks Meter: 5

92 posts
More
i'm not a genius or anything so this is just me throwing ideas around

if you're able to send FM signal, you may be able to develop an app that sends FM signal?

wouldn't that violate FCC, or require some extra licensing that t-mobile or samsung don't want to shell money/time approving?
13th February 2013, 02:57 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 5

73 posts
Wikipedia says they didn't include the FM tuner with our version of the phone. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Note_2 . The N7100 version has the tuner. Like the other poster above, I'd love to be wrong but I think that if the phone had an FM tuner it would have been found by now.
The Following User Says Thank You to rogerbacon50 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 05:59 PM   |  #16  
Flag 91402

290 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon50

Wikipedia says they didn't include the FM tuner with our version of the phone. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Note_2 . The N7100 version has the tuner. Like the other poster above, I'd love to be wrong but I think that if the phone had an FM tuner it would have been found by now.

IMO the major U.S. Carriers told Samsung to remove the fm tuner hardware from their versions because they have no way of monetizing it, so they'd rather have you chewing up your data with a radio app.
Last edited by Postal Psycho; 14th February 2013 at 06:28 AM.
13th February 2013, 09:49 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 0

27 posts
Yep its always about the $$$. Maybe we can loby congress to mandate all us carriers install the chip.
Claim national security or somthing. It would seem to me a lowsley 50 cent chip could medicate a lot of risk.
My 2cents..
14th February 2013, 04:26 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 299

1,794 posts
Quote:

The major U.S. Carriers told Samsung to remove the fm tuner hardware from their versions because they have no way of monetizing it, so they'd rather have you chewing up your data with a radio app.

Do you have a source for this? Or is it speculation? Isn't is possible that the different baseband that allows LTE simply doesn't have the ability to do FM? As that is a MAJOR difference between the 7100 and 7105 varieties. Either way, unless you have hard proof, you might want to refrain from stating an opinion as a fact, might not turn out so well, especially if you are wrong...
14th February 2013, 06:23 AM   |  #19  
Flag 91402

290 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveid

Do you have a source for this? Or is it speculation? Isn't is possible that the different baseband that allows LTE simply doesn't have the ability to do FM? As that is a MAJOR difference between the 7100 and 7105 varieties. Either way, unless you have hard proof, you might want to refrain from stating an opinion as a fact, might not turn out so well, especially if you are wrong...

Mikereidis is the developer of spirit fm app
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=5154
14th February 2013, 07:32 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 299

1,794 posts
Quote:

Mikereidis is the developer of spirit fm app
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=5154

And what does that have to do with anything? Not trying to be a jerk, but that is not proof, nor even hard evidence to suggest what you theorized. Nor does it disprove my theory. Unless, somewhere buried in the 1000s of posts is something convincing (and if there is, maybe next time link to that), I have to say that proves nothing.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread