[ROM] [21/1/13] - SentinelROM v2.10 - 4.2.1 - Root - De-Odex - Tweaks - APM - Themed
Welcome to SentinelROM for Nexus 10.
NOTE: Pictured with 'Zooper Widget' (included) and 'Eye In Sky
' (not included but free download) homescreen widgets.
This is my first custom ROM build and has been a long time in the making, but it's finally ready for release.
This ROM is based on the Stock JOP40D 4.2.1 ROM with the following features.
- Stock Kernel
- Rooted with Busybox and SuperUser installed
- Zip Aligned
- ADB root access with Remount
- init.d support
- 'Seeder' mod for improved 3D gaming performance
- 'Enhanced Quick Settings Menu (See below for details)
- Advanced Power Menu with Hot Boot, Bootloader and Recovery options
- Long press Vol+ / Vol- to skip tracks forward and back
- CyanogenMod File Manager pre-installed
- Stock Gapps included
- Zooper Widget Free pre-installed (awesome widgets!)
- Your own free copy of my latest Music Player app (Sentinel Music Player) pre-installed
This ROM has been built to enhance the stock experience
, with faster gaming and web browsing performance (no choppyness in Chrome too!)
, as well as the added benefits of Root access, and an Advanced Power Menu you let you quickly hot-restart, or reboot into Recovery or Bootloader. You cna even skip tracks forward and back while your tablet is asleep by long pressing the Vol+ or Vol- button.
As of version 2.10, enhanced Quick Settings are available (ported from kevdliu's AOSP quick settings for Galaxy Nexus).
- Press to directly toggle Wifi and long press to access Wifi settings menu
- Press to directly toggle Mobile Data and long press to access Mobile Data settings menu
- Press to directly toggle BT and long press to access BT settings menu
- Persistent GPS Tile: Press to toggle GPS and long press to access Location settings menu
- Add Auto Rotation Tile
- Add Volume Tile (Press to display media volume slider and long press to access Volume settings menu)
- Add Screen Off Tile
- Add Ringer Modes Tile
- Add Torch Tile
- Reorder the tiles by enabling them in the order you want them to be placed (first enabled toggle will be placed first etc.)
- New softkeys
I've also included a free copy of Sentinel Music Player
, which I am about to launch on the Android Market. This app lets you quickly browse for music on your device by Artist, Album, Genre, or even use it's inbuilt file manager to browse all the files and on your device. Included is the ability to control your music from the lock-screen and toolbar, as well as enable/disable features such as pause/play when headphones are unplugged or plugged in, or only play music via external speakers. this works wonders when using Bluetooth speakers or headphones.
There seems to be an issue with systemUI crashing in v2.10 from a fresh install. Please install v2.00 first if you are coming from a different ROM, then flash subsequent versions.
To install this ROM you will need to have an unlocked bootloader and a custom Recovery such as TWRP or ClockWorkMod installed (personally I recommend TWRP, I have had issues with restoring backups using CWM). If you haven't yet unlocked your bootloader and installed a custom recovery, I recommend downloading and installing the Nexus 10 Toolkit
- Copy the downloaded SentinelROM zip to your Internal Storage.
- Boot into your custom recovery
- Back up your stock ROM
- Factory Reset and wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
- Install the ROM and reboot. First boot can take up to 5 minutes.
Note, if you are coming from a stock ROM and have root access, you can back up your user apps and data using Titanium and restore them once you have flashed my ROM. Just be sure to only restore user apps and data, and no system ones as you may break things.
As this ROM uses the stock kernel, there should be no issues with overheating or anything nasty like that, however I am not responsible for any damage/data loss or anything else as a result of flashing, or attempting to flash this ROM.
- Thanks very much to all those who have answered my questions through the process of creating my own ROM, you know who you are.
- A big shout out to the Zooper Widget team for allowing me to cook in the free version. I strongly recommend you check out the Pro version as it really is the best custom widget application I have come across.
- CyanogenMod for their excellent File Manager.
- kevdliu for his enhanced Quick Settings menu (which I ported for this ROM)
- scrosler for the AOSP source.
To update from SentinelROM v2.00, simply flash via custom recovery and erase cache/dalvik cache.
If coming from a different ROM, v2.00 must be flashed and fully booted first.
I hope you enjoy my ROM. If you do, please consider a donation
. Even the smallest donations are greatly appreciated and help me to develop for additional devices.
Please read the SentinelROM FAQ before posting questions in SentinelROM threads.
Every common question is answered in there. Thanks!
Also please consider a donation
if you like my work. All donations for May and June are going to the family of my friend who was diagnosed with brain cancer last year to assist with medical costs. Details on my website. Thanks
ROM: SentinelROM v4.30
Xperia Z - White