Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,170 Members 49,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][JB4.2] Ganbarou GT-P7500/01/10/11 Android 4.2 experimental based on CM10.1

Tip us?
 
jonsat
Old
#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 209
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGee_Tokyo View Post
I finally found it and had a quick check on it. The logcat shows that veetle is waiting for some response which seems not to come and then it ends the play. A report is send in the background to veetle.com. So I guess that they are aware of the problem. Not sure if I can do anything in the ROM to solve the problem. Veetle might have a problem with Android 4.2. I saw on the Google market that a lot of users are complaining about problems.

Sorry, I don't think I can help here.

PS:
I tried it on my Galaxy Note which is running Android 4.1 (CM10 based) and Veetle works there without problems.
Unfortunately I do not have a Android 4.2 ROM for my Note yet.
Maybe the problem is a combination of Android 4.x and tablet? Or a problem of the proprietary camera drivers coming from older Android version?????
I can confirm some things to you. I've a Galaxy Note too, with LSC 4.1.2 rom. Veetle is working perfectly on N7000. Fact is that Veetle, in HD mode, isn't working too on any CM10 4.1 rom on my P7500 (and there are other people reporting that on other threads).
This situation occurs for several months now, I don't think that Veetle crew is aware of that because not all devices have this trouble.
Unfortunately I'm not a dev, I wonder if you can find any element to solve this strange thing.
Still: thank you for your time, in any case.
The Following User Says Thank You to jonsat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MSTRoyal
Old
#22  
MSTRoyal's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 526
Join Date: Jul 2011
Hey bee_gee

Really like your work! Was running your Ics rom untill i flashed this and its awesome again!

I would use some of your wallpapers with MultiPicLive, please... would you be so kind and tell where i can find them?

Greetz
 
MSTRoyal
Old
#23  
MSTRoyal's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 526
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sogol View Post
Modem is full functional, call and receiving calls? Thanx
Thats one of the few things i tested and for me it didn't work
 
BeeGee_Tokyo
Old
(Last edited by BeeGee_Tokyo; 24th January 2013 at 10:43 PM.) Reason: Added link for the wallpapers
#24  
BeeGee_Tokyo's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1190
Posts: 2,724
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Manila

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTRoyal View Post
Hey bee_gee

Really like your work! Was running your Ics rom untill i flashed this and its awesome again!

I would use some of your wallpapers with MultiPicLive, please... would you be so kind and tell where i can find them?

Greetz
The wallpapers are not stored as single files. Instead they are in /system/app/Wallpapers.apk. Here is the link to the files: G-Drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTRoyal View Post
Thats one of the few things i tested and for me it didn't work
I didn't implement the phone capability. I don't have the need to use my tablet as a phone. Sorry.
 
MSTRoyal
Old
#25  
MSTRoyal's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 526
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGee_Tokyo View Post
The wallpapers are not stored as single files. Instead they are in /system/app/Wallpapers.apk. Here is the link to the files: G-Drive.



I didn't implement the phone capability. I don't have the need to use my tablet as a phone. Sorry.
You made my day thx

I don't use my tablet as a phone ether, just saw the question and give it a try by dialing a number/ tried to call my tablet to give an answer
 
okty2k
Old
#26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 98
Posts: 499
Join Date: Apr 2010
Totally impressed!
Installed it on Saturday. Due to the lack of time to install and tune it, the tablet was in my drawer since. With Wifi on! Checked it a couple of times per day, to read my emails easier, but for the next days the phone is the main mean to connect to internet. But (and this is what I want to mention), after 3 days the battery is still at 90%! That is just IMPRESSIVE! Great job.
From what I have checked so far, I did not find any feature not working. The only complain (if you want to call that a complain) is that the Ganbarou wallpapers are not really HD. But that is just to have something to complain
Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE - Stock, rooted KK 4.4.2
Samsung Galaxy S3 - rooted, S4 Revolution 40.0
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - rooted, Omni ROM
Xperia Arc S - rooted, AORP 4.4.2
Huawei P1 - rooted, RootBox ROM, JB 4.2.2
Desire HD - rooted, VenomROM - retired to pension/backup phone
 
BeeGee_Tokyo
Old
#27  
BeeGee_Tokyo's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1190
Posts: 2,724
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Manila

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by okty2k View Post
Totally impressed!
Installed it on Saturday. Due to the lack of time to install and tune it, the tablet was in my drawer since. With Wifi on! Checked it a couple of times per day, to read my emails easier, but for the next days the phone is the main mean to connect to internet. But (and this is what I want to mention), after 3 days the battery is still at 90%! That is just IMPRESSIVE! Great job.
From what I have checked so far, I did not find any feature not working. The only complain (if you want to call that a complain) is that the Ganbarou wallpapers are not really HD. But that is just to have something to complain
Glad you found something to complain. Actually I wanted to change the wallpapers as they are from the JellyBean ROM and I wanted something fresh. But I didn't find the time yet.
 
BeeGee_Tokyo
Old
#28  
BeeGee_Tokyo's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1190
Posts: 2,724
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Manila

 
DONATE TO ME
Angry Switch between tablet UI and phone UI mode!

Small update of my ROM. I was sneaking around and found the code to switch the UI between tablet mode and phone mode. Many thanks and credits for this patch to SGT7 who published his ROM code on github. Switch between the modes in Settings->System->Status bar->Tablet UI

Screenshot tablet mode:

Screenshot phone mode:
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BeeGee_Tokyo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
djchain
Old
#29  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2009
Can't find the file Ganbarou-GT-P7500-v3.01-2013-02-02.zip anywhere on you're mirrors

And your homepage is displaying errorpage with: File does not exist
 
BeeGee_Tokyo
Old
#30  
BeeGee_Tokyo's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1190
Posts: 2,724
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Manila

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by djchain View Post
Can't find the file Ganbarou-GT-P7500-v3.01-2013-02-02.zip anywhere on you're mirrors

And your homepage is displaying errorpage with: File does not exist
I know, sorry, I had to take the files off because I made a mistake. The files will be up again in 30 minutes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeeGee_Tokyo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
ganbarou, jellybean 4.2.1, rom, samsung galaxy tab 10.1, samsung galaxy tab 10.1n
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes