Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,615 Members 45,764 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Disappointed on your decision to make a Sony Xperia Z forum before Asus PadFone 2

Tip us?

Harboe
Old
(Last edited by Harboe; 20th January 2013 at 02:50 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thumbs down Disappointed on your decision to make a Sony Xperia Z forum before Asus PadFone 2

A dedicated Sony Xperia Z forum before Asus PadFone 2? I'm disappointed for the first time in XDA. There have been a LOT of requests for a separate forum for our lovely device that is already out in many parts of the world. And now you make a forum for a device that isn't even out yet!

pulser_g2
Old
Developer Admin / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 10690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harboe View Post
A dedicated Sony Xperia Z forum before Asus PadFone 2? I'm disappointed for the first time in XDA. There have been a LOT of requests for a separate forum for our lovely device that is already out in many parts of the world. And now you make a forum for a device that isn't even out yet!
The PadFone is very expensive for what it is, and has failed to capture the interests of developers. The Xperia Z already has developer interest. We add devices based on development potential, and as of yet we've not seen anyone who is in a position to develop that is interested.

Having trouble getting an answer? | What is XDA about? | How to ask for help?

if [ $PM.incoming.type = $type.question.ROM.how_to_use ] || [ $PM.incoming.type = $type.question.ROM.silly_question ]; then mv $PM.incoming /.trash; PM.response($responsetype.ignore); $PM.sender.ignore_in_future=true; init.sequence($boy_who_cried_wolf); fi;

BTC: 1K2fpDsRHkirWmk3PKiqtzhVHKUJCWPWnN
PGP: 0x260F4FDEF258E3C4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pulser_g2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zacthespack
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1740

DONATE TO ME
You seem to forget that this site is for developers, does not matter how many 'normal' users have a device its all down to the amount of developers that are interested in developing for a device

Code:
question = 2*b || !(2*b)
"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents."

Code:
class Luke extends Jedi {
    function checkFather($father) {
        if ($father-]name == 'Darth Vader')
            die('NOOOOO!!');
    }
}

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zacthespack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kutbinahar
Old
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Disappointed on your decision to make a Sony Xperia Z forum before Asus PadFone 2

Pleaseeeeee create subforum

I got the phone from ebay US nd loving it without rooting nd custom rom

But trust me Asus rocks but why the moderators are being unfair for this super hero

Sent from my PadFone 2 using Tapatalk 2
aLwAYs kEEp sMILiNg

PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN

The Following User Says Thank You to kutbinahar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Deadly
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3865

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Disappointed on your decision to make a Sony Xperia Z forum before Asus PadFone 2

You guys can read reasons why its not created yet, here..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2105207

Go through that thread.. you will understand..

Harboe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Guessing none of the mods are getting one and then there is no need to make a forum. From the request thread this have been much more sought for that the Sony. Ohh well.

pulser_g2
Old
Thanks Meter 10690

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harboe View Post
Guessing none of the mods are getting one and then there is no need to make a forum. From the request thread this have been much more sought for that the Sony. Ohh well.
The PadFone series has had a recurring issue of not attracting developer attention, due to being more expensive than other similar products.

There has been no real developer interest that I'm aware of. That's why there's no forum.

if [ $PM.incoming.type = $type.question.ROM.how_to_use ] || [ $PM.incoming.type = $type.question.ROM.silly_question ]; then mv $PM.incoming /.trash; PM.response($responsetype.ignore); $PM.sender.ignore_in_future=true; init.sequence($boy_who_cried_wolf); fi;

DjBastard
Old
Thanks Meter 35
and these?

http://www.modaco.com/forum/689-asus-padfone-2/

Please

Do not think it's that difficult to create a forum for padfone own 2, no industrial and other amounts, but there is interest!

And with your help, and creating a forum of their own, surely that would give him a push ...

And just to be specific, tablet + phone 700E. is cheaper to buy a phone and a tablet separately ...

thanks

regards

pulser_g2
Old
Thanks Meter 10690

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjBastard View Post
and these?

http://www.modaco.com/forum/689-asus-padfone-2/

Please

Do not think it's that difficult to create a forum for padfone own 2, no industrial and other amounts, but there is interest!

And with your help, and creating a forum of their own, surely that would give him a push ...

And just to be specific, tablet + phone 700E. is cheaper to buy a phone and a tablet separately ...

thanks

regards
Tbh I got a nexus 10 and phone for much less than 700 EUR...

I looked at the looked forum, seems a dead device... There are 6 threads. But if we add a device, mods must be assigned, and various other things done. As such, we don't add nearly as many niche devices as users would like.

I am afraid you've not really showed interest - do you have, for example, an established CM maintainer who has got source built CM running? These are the kinds of things that show developer interest

rafael_mfr
Old
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
Default Asus padfone 2 subforum please!

Asus padfone 2 subforum please!

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe