Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[KERNEL][4.2][3.4.x][5/17/13] All-Star Devs Kernel

OP ayysir

22nd January 2013, 06:13 PM   |  #21  
Senior Member
Flag Rockford
Thanks Meter: 21
 
403 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
More
Wink Best battery life yet
This is the best battery life I have seen yet..granted, I haven't really put it thru it's paces..but w/ 4.2 on my s3, all the kernels eat battery...even on idle..w/ this...i'm at 95 percent on idle mostly after 1 hour but today at work i'll use it much more so will really put it thru it's paces..but idle is most important to me because if I get to like 45 percent i stop using it as much so it can last the rest of the night w/ no "oh no, where is my charger!" moments (i'm using row i/o and gov interactive default min/max is 1.350) I usually use pegasusq because i notice it has good idle and responsive awake state...but interactive on this kernel is doing really well and it was default..where ondemand is usually default..so i'm guessing the dev of this kernel likes interactive best....I wish devs of kernels would say...here is what I like for battery saving.....here is what I like for a balance....and here is what I like for performance....and here is what I like the best (favorite) or something like that, i know it's experemenation process..but..they tweak the govs..so they must have a favorite setting thing! lol
22nd January 2013, 06:42 PM   |  #22  
Swimguy14's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 154
 
383 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Re: [KERNEL][TMO][JB-4.2][1/20/13] All-Star Devs Kernel
No CPU adjustments, OC not available, deadline scheduler, interactive governor
About 20hrs since install.. No issues
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1358876417764.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	1667313   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1358876431252.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1667314  
22nd January 2013, 07:31 PM   |  #23  
ayysir's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Bronx, NY
Thanks Meter: 6,196
 
4,464 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimguy14

No CPU adjustments, OC not available, deadline scheduler, interactive governor
About 20hrs since install.. No issues

cpu is definitely available as I test my kernels for 3 days before I release them and I can OC with ease, unless I am misinterpreting what you are stating

other than that, thanks for the feed backk
22nd January 2013, 07:34 PM   |  #24  
ayysir's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Bronx, NY
Thanks Meter: 6,196
 
4,464 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pychobj2001

This is the best battery life I have seen yet..granted, I haven't really put it thru it's paces..but w/ 4.2 on my s3, all the kernels eat battery...even on idle..w/ this...i'm at 95 percent on idle mostly after 1 hour but today at work i'll use it much more so will really put it thru it's paces..but idle is most important to me because if I get to like 45 percent i stop using it as much so it can last the rest of the night w/ no "oh no, where is my charger!" moments (i'm using row i/o and gov interactive default min/max is 1.350) I usually use pegasusq because i notice it has good idle and responsive awake state...but interactive on this kernel is doing really well and it was default..where ondemand is usually default..so i'm guessing the dev of this kernel likes interactive best....I wish devs of kernels would say...here is what I like for battery saving.....here is what I like for a balance....and here is what I like for performance....and here is what I like the best (favorite) or something like that, i know it's experemenation process..but..they tweak the govs..so they must have a favorite setting thing! lol

I don't put in what are the perfect settings for the kernel because people use their phones differently. I leave it up to the user to find their sweet spot settings, which you are more then welcome to share.

Also give the kernel time to settle, usually after a few discharge periods it settles
22nd January 2013, 08:40 PM   |  #25  
Swimguy14's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 154
 
383 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Re: [KERNEL][TMO][JB-4.2][1/20/13] All-Star Devs Kernel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayysir

cpu is definitely available as I test my kernels for 3 days before I release them and I can OC with ease, unless I am misinterpreting what you are stating

other than that, thanks for the feed backk


I didn't think I was a noob but I guess I am missing something! Which app are you using to OC? I have max MHz topping out at the usual 1512, voltage control/setcpu/toolbox pro offer no adjustments above 1512mhz..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1358883460728.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1667618  
22nd January 2013, 09:11 PM   |  #26  
o193746285's Avatar
Member
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 7
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Re: [KERNEL][TMO][JB-4.2][1/20/13] All-Star Devs Kernel
Setcpu and rom toolbox allow me to. Maybe it's your rom, what rom are you using?
22nd January 2013, 09:13 PM   |  #27  
ayysir's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Bronx, NY
Thanks Meter: 6,196
 
4,464 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimguy14


I didn't think I was a noob but I guess I am missing something! Which app are you using to OC? I have max MHz topping out at the usual 1512, voltage control/setcpu/toolbox pro offer no adjustments above 1512mhz..

I said in op, in bold, the max is 1.5ghz for now. I wanted to start off with a stable release, also i dont OC personally past 1.2ghz since i see no need unless I am playing a game or video on it. Oc just kills battery quicker

I use tasker to set my clocks. 384/1.2ghz when screen is on with superbad/sio and when screen if off its 384/700+ with powersave/sio.
22nd January 2013, 09:59 PM   |  #28  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 19
 
152 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Will this run with Liquid Smooth?
22nd January 2013, 10:09 PM   |  #29  
Swimguy14's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 154
 
383 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Re: [KERNEL][TMO][JB-4.2][1/20/13] All-Star Devs Kernel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayysir

I said in op, in bold, the max is 1.5ghz for now. I wanted to start off with a stable release, also i dont OC personally past 1.2ghz since i see no need unless I am playing a game or video on it. Oc just kills battery quicker

I use tasker to set my clocks. 384/1.2ghz when screen is on with superbad/sio and when screen if off its 384/700+ with powersave/sio.

That's why i got confused when you said, in the previous post i quoted, that you could "OC with ease" so yes we misunderstood each other.
Anyways thanks for sharing your work with us!

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmur95

Will this run with Liquid Smooth?

Since liquid rom is based off AOSP 4.2.1, yes in theory this kernel will work fine.
22nd January 2013, 10:24 PM   |  #30  
ayysir's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Bronx, NY
Thanks Meter: 6,196
 
4,464 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmur95

Will this run with Liquid Smooth?

for the beta builds not for 4.1.x though its only for 4.2.1 roms

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes