21st January 2013, 01:13 AM   |  #11  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,045

4,066 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by nillyboble

So far so good like the lite theme.
Is that a new Samsung boot img or your own?
Only thing I had to change so far is the modem base back to UVALK8 my signal and dl speed were little off. (might be my area)
Gonna do a little testing with both modems to see which one works best for me.

Looking forward to your next release or update keep up the great work. TWO thumbs ups!!

The custom boot animation was made by jaekar99 - and it has been one of my favorites for many phones now, but he has a TON out there so you should definitely check them out. And the theme is all samsung really - I did very little to it all things considered.

Did you flash the UVALL4 modem separate, or were you already on it? I only ask as it is not included in the main zip. I haven't noticed any differences between UVALK8 or UVALL4 as far as modem stuff is concerned, but that stuff seems to be so location specific anymore I'm not surprised that you are seeing differences (although I believe you are in my neck of the woods actually...).

I'm glad to hear you are liking it though (and thanks for being one of the brave first flashers!) - run it through it's paces as there are lots of fun little tweaks you can do and I want to make sure all are working I need to figure out a way to make that changelog not look so... bloated lol.

Also - let me know anything that might be worth including/editing/deleting/etc for a next release - I managed to get most of what I wanted into the first version, so I could use a few more ideas

And thanks for the screenshots!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwitherell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2013, 03:07 AM   |  #12  
Flag Inkster, MI
Thanks Meter: 146

296 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwitherell

The custom boot animation was made by jaekar99 - and it has been one of my favorites for many phones now, but he has a TON out there so you should definitely check them out. And the theme is all samsung really - I did very little to it all things considered.

Did you flash the UVALL4 modem separate, or were you already on it? I only ask as it is not included in the main zip. I haven't noticed any differences between UVALK8 or UVALL4 as far as modem stuff is concerned, but that stuff seems to be so location specific anymore I'm not surprised that you are seeing differences (although I believe you are in my neck of the woods actually...).

I'm glad to hear you are liking it though (and thanks for being one of the brave first flashers!) - run it through it's paces as there are lots of fun little tweaks you can do and I want to make sure all are working I need to figure out a way to make that changelog not look so... bloated lol.

Also - let me know anything that might be worth including/editing/deleting/etc for a next release - I managed to get most of what I wanted into the first version, so I could use a few more ideas

And thanks for the screenshots!

I did a clean wipe with this, I came from Jedi Master 8.
I do get FC on hotspot. (settings has stopped) Bummer use it a bit..
That boot is now my new fav also lol thanks.
I flashed stock modem and kernel hopping see some mod kernels real soon (damn Exynos)

Things I would like to see imo.
-Bravia Engine 2
-Wifi Tethering hehe
-Aroma would be kind of nice to pick which bloat I would like to keep but no biggie
-SuperSu
-CPU Sleeper Script
-baked in toolbox which now I really like, but don't see it to much tho I think its in jedi9x
-maybe a 5x5 Launcher
-SD booster

Look forward to be your text subject. I love to flash! I check a few times a day to see if there are any new roms.
Can always PM me also have a good one and thanks again.
Last edited by nillyboble; 21st January 2013 at 03:11 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nillyboble For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2013, 04:06 AM   |  #13  

4,066 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by nillyboble

I did a clean wipe with this, I came from Jedi Master 8.
I do get FC on hotspot. (settings has stopped) Bummer use it a bit..
That boot is now my new fav also lol thanks.
I flashed stock modem and kernel hopping see some mod kernels real soon (damn Exynos)

Things I would like to see imo.
-Bravia Engine 2
-Wifi Tethering hehe
-Aroma would be kind of nice to pick which bloat I would like to keep but no biggie
-SuperSu
-CPU Sleeper Script
-baked in toolbox which now I really like, but don't see it to much tho I think its in jedi9x
-maybe a 5x5 Launcher
-SD booster

Look forward to be your text subject. I love to flash! I check a few times a day to see if there are any new roms.
Can always PM me also have a good one and thanks again.

Could I get a logcat of the FC w/ the Mobile HotSpot? I was able to turn it off/on/connect-to-it without issues, so I would be curious as to what happened there.

- Bravia Engine - hmm... I haven't been around newer phones for long, but I've heard mixed reviews on such things. Where exactly do you see differences? Is it just in general image quality or all around visual stuffs? From what I understand it's not too difficult to get in, but I am curious where I as a never-used-it-before user could expect to see effects of such things. Any info would be awesome

- Not sure why wifi tethering didn't work for you. Assuming the FC issue gets fixed for you I know there's the whole upsell issue - there are things that can be edited to try and avoid that but it seems pretty hit or miss on how well it works. I'll have a hard time testing that stuff though as I ended up getting it legitimately for a while on the cheap.

- I have a different plan involving something similar to Aroma - I've never used Aroma myself but it seems straightforward enough to figure out. That being said, in an attempt to be different I'll try out this other way first once I get everything all prepped for it - I'll let you know when I need some testing Also - there's the old school way available in the OP as well - a zip full of apks, and an empty zip you can put ones you want in to flash.

- SuperSU - isn't that what is included? Am I misunderstanding that one, or is there something else to it that I didn't include?

- CPU Sleeper script - is this an init.d script? A quick google search seems to say yes - and if so that's simple enough to drop into /system/etc/init.d

- Baked in toolbox - is this the Xposed framework stuff? I've looked at that stuff a number of times, and for me personally I enjoy figuring out how to do most of that stuff myself. From what I can tell there's a fair amount of overlap between what's in the various tweakbox mods and what has already been done in the rom. I know it limits a few things, but I don't want this to be just like all the rest (even though all stock modded roms are more alike than not) so presently I'm trying to avoid incorporating that one. We shall see how long that lasts.

- 5x5 Launcher - Totally agree. That is on the to-do list - hope it goes well lol

- SD Booster - is that an app? Some quick searching makes me think this is rooted primarily in editing the read_ahead_kb value, and that should also be easy enough to do with an init.d script

Keep the suggestions/thoughts coming! And let me know your thoughts on any of this!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dwitherell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2013, 06:31 AM   |  #14  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 94

112 posts
More
I don't post very often but I really wanted to say thanks for sharing your time and talents with me. I really love this rom with all the tweaks. Which btw are all working great for me. I haven't come across any issues so far but if I do I'll let you know. This is a very solid rom and I seriously wouldn't change a thing!" I am so excited to be rocking this rom!"
The Following User Says Thank You to AkaTheMacDaddy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2013, 02:22 PM   |  #15  

4,066 posts
Donate to Me
Re: [ROM][UVALL4][CWM/TWRP]Note2 Tweaked 1.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaTheMacDaddy

I don't post very often but I really wanted to say thanks for sharing your time and talents with me. I really love this rom with all the tweaks. Which btw are all working great for me. I haven't come across any issues so far but if I do I'll let you know. This is a very solid rom and I seriously wouldn't change a thing!" I am so excited to be rocking this rom!"

Glad to hear it! My gut says people aren't much inclined to give it a shot, so much appreciated on trying it out and on any feedback you might have!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwitherell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2013, 05:10 PM   |  #16  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 30

114 posts
More
Nice rom.
All customization such as battery mods, time mods and lock-screen mods worked well. There are much more I didn't try though.
This rom is unique. Nobody has those futures.
Wifi hotspot app gives me FC. I dont know how to collect the logcat. I have Catlog app but i coudnt find the place where it saves logcats.
Dont include Rom Toolbox app somebody asked for that. It can be downloaded from the market.
Again, the rom has some very unique futures which are similar to Simplistic Framework but different. I really like it.
21st January 2013, 05:35 PM   |  #17  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 127

528 posts
More
Have to say this is one sweet Rom. Running great. About 12hrs use and no problems. Im guessing live wallpapers has been removed. Is there anyway for me to get it back? So far battery is really impressive. Much thanks for all your work.

Wifi hotspot is working fine for me. No errors or FC.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
Last edited by rail205; 21st January 2013 at 05:38 PM.
21st January 2013, 05:42 PM   |  #18  
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag Aurora
Thanks Meter: 20,819

8,499 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramidalf

Nice rom.
All customization such as battery mods, time mods and lock-screen mods worked well. There are much more I didn't try though.
This rom is unique. Nobody has those futures.
Wifi hotspot app gives me FC. I dont know how to collect the logcat. I have Catlog app but i coudnt find the place where it saves logcats.
Dont include Rom Toolbox app somebody asked for that. It can be downloaded from the market.
Again, the rom has some very unique futures which are similar to Simplistic Framework but different. I really like it.

Dwitherall. The issue with hot spot FC is a framework array reference to tue tetheringprovisions.apk. pull the array and your issue will go with it. Havent seen you since the blaze lol big difference in size huh

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ptmr3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2013, 06:26 PM   |  #19  

4,066 posts
Donate to Me
The FC only seems to happen when engaging the hot spot through Settings - the toggle currently avoids the issue, though it will be resolved on the next update. I've been peeking around and I think I may take a crack at the Aroma-style install for folks - I've never messed with such things before, so it'll take a wee bit to get figured out. Also - I'm pretty sure I got the 5x5 launcher figured out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptmr3

Dwitherall. The issue with hot spot FC is a framework array reference to tue tetheringprovisions.apk. pull the array and your issue will go with it. Havent seen you since the blaze lol big difference in size huh

Hey - thanks for the tip! I ended up going through SecSettings and hacking out the few references that called on the array and the tetherprovisioning .apk - but it would have taken me a while to figure out the issue had you not mentioned this Yeah, I still mess around with the Blaze (it's my wife's phone), but I don't think I could go back to a phone that small now! By far this is one of the most enjoyable phones I've ever had a chance to mess around with. And might I just say - holy crap you are everywhere lol, crazy how you keep track of so many phones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rail205

Have to say this is one sweet Rom. Running great. About 12hrs use and no problems. Im guessing live wallpapers has been removed. Is there anyway for me to get it back? So far battery is really impressive. Much thanks for all your work...

You can get all the live wallpaper stuff back through the zip of ALL system apps in the download post - just drop the ones you want to reinstall into the empty flashable zip (also in the download post) and flash Beyond the aroma install I have another way to go about getting apps back that I hope will be ready by the next update...
Last edited by dwitherell; 21st January 2013 at 06:29 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dwitherell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2013, 07:41 PM   |  #20  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 828

3,229 posts
More
Trying this one now. Sweet. Was able to get Bravia and Acid in. Like the options for status bar.

☆ posted by an idiot with a phablet ☆

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread