Originally Posted by nillyboble
I did a clean wipe with this, I came from Jedi Master 8.
I do get FC on hotspot. (settings has stopped) Bummer use it a bit..
That boot is now my new fav also lol thanks.
I flashed stock modem and kernel hopping see some mod kernels real soon (damn Exynos)
Things I would like to see imo.
-Bravia Engine 2
-Wifi Tethering hehe
-Aroma would be kind of nice to pick which bloat I would like to keep but no biggie
-CPU Sleeper Script
-baked in toolbox which now I really like, but don't see it to much tho I think its in jedi9x
-maybe a 5x5 Launcher
Look forward to be your text subject. I love to flash! I check a few times a day to see if there are any new roms.
Can always PM me also have a good one and thanks again.
Could I get a logcat of the FC w/ the Mobile HotSpot? I was able to turn it off/on/connect-to-it without issues, so I would be curious as to what happened there.
- Bravia Engine - hmm... I haven't been around newer phones for long, but I've heard mixed reviews on such things. Where exactly do you see differences? Is it just in general image quality or all around visual stuffs? From what I understand it's not too difficult to get in, but I am curious where I as a never-used-it-before user could expect to see effects of such things. Any info would be awesome
- Not sure why wifi tethering didn't work for you. Assuming the FC issue gets fixed for you I know there's the whole upsell issue - there are things that can be edited to try and avoid that but it seems pretty hit or miss on how well it works. I'll have a hard time testing that stuff though as I ended up getting it legitimately for a while on the cheap.
- I have a different plan involving something similar to Aroma - I've never used Aroma myself but it seems straightforward enough to figure out. That being said, in an attempt to be different I'll try out this other way first once I get everything all prepped for it - I'll let you know when I need some testing
Also - there's the old school way available in the OP as well - a zip full of apks, and an empty zip you can put ones you want in to flash.
- SuperSU - isn't that what is included? Am I misunderstanding that one, or is there something else to it that I didn't include?
- CPU Sleeper script - is this an init.d script? A quick google search seems to say yes - and if so that's simple enough to drop into /system/etc/init.d
- Baked in toolbox - is this the Xposed framework stuff? I've looked at that stuff a number of times, and for me personally I enjoy figuring out how to do most of that stuff myself. From what I can tell there's a fair amount of overlap between what's in the various tweakbox mods and what has already been done in the rom. I know it limits a few things, but I don't want this to be just like all the rest (even though all stock modded roms are more alike than not) so presently I'm trying to avoid incorporating that one. We shall see how long that lasts.
- 5x5 Launcher - Totally agree. That is on the to-do list - hope it goes well lol
- SD Booster - is that an app? Some quick searching makes me think this is rooted primarily in editing the read_ahead_kb value, and that should also be easy enough to do with an init.d script
Keep the suggestions/thoughts coming! And let me know your thoughts on any of this!
If you like what I've done... I like sammiches so feel free to buy me one