[APP][2.1+][FREE] HDBHelper: Calculate in Hex, Decimal and Binary - All at once!
HDB stands for Hex, Decimal and Binary. And the App does what it sounds like: Display and Caluclate in Hex, Dec and Bin!
You can choose your Bitlength, also if the value is signed or unsigned. You can easily switch between the Settings and see how the value changes.
- No Ads!
- Bit Length: 8bit, 16bit, 32bit
- Signed, Unsigned
- Type in Bin, Dec, Hex
- Byte Endianness (Little Endian, Big Endian, Reverse Little Endian (DIP)
- Arithmetic operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, modulu
- Bit operations: shifting, rolling, NOT, AND, OR, XOR, XNOR
- Three layouts: Simple, Advanced and Display
- Languages: English and German
- Long Press "Del/Clr" to Clear
- Long Press "-" to enter Negative Value
- Supporting Devices from very small (ldpi) to big (xhdpi) and Tablets with Android 3.2+ in portrait and landscape
- Display 8 Bit Values in ASCII
- Toggle Bits by tapping
- Copy to Clipboard (Bin, Dec, Hex, or all at once)
You can get the App for free in the Google Play Store. I am very happy to hear your oppinion! And if you have some feature wishes, even better
- Simulate Endianess errors. Example: Sender has Big Endianess, receiver has Little Endianess
- Menu Layout improved
- In some cases multiple Equations calculated in a row were leading to wrong results
- Bin & Hex divide did not work for 16bit
- Copy to Clipboard (Bin, Dec, Hex, or all three at once)
- Choose Endianness (Big Endian, Little Endian, Reverse Little Endian (DIP)
- If Signed is active you can not enter in Hex a Value Bigger than 0x7F / 0x7FFF / 0x7FFFFFFF
- ASCII Value displayed more beautiful
v1.4.0 (110 Downloads at XDA)
- New Layout: Displays only the Value, no calculation possible. Binary Bits are bigger and easier to toggle.
- 8 Bit Values can be displayed as ASCII
Notify your physician if after exposure to XDA n00bs you experience any of the following symptoms: rapid or irregular heartbeat, chest pain, shortness of breath, leg cramps, headache, nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, tremors, change in appetite, weight gain or loss, vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, heat intolerance, fever, changes in menstrual periods, hives or skin rash, or any other unusual medical event.
I'm an NVIDIA Tegra Champ. Any opinion that I express here and elsewhere are solely based on my personal
preference and any relevant expertise that I may/may not have on the subject matter.
Awesome app, with a simple layout, I work in PC firmware and often need to convert between hex, decimal, and binary so I've been searching for this for a long time.
I've found a bug, though. When I am in hex, 8bit mode, I'm unable to enter values > 0x7F. I get a toast message saying "Value rejected, is bigger than Bit length allows. Same general principle applies to hex, 16bit mode; I can't enter values > 0x7FF.
Getting feedback for your app during development is as simple as adding logging info where necessary and looking … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?