Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,155 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Which is brighter razr (non-hd) or galaxy note ii ?

Tip us?

jake21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Which is brighter razr (non-hd) or galaxy note ii ?

for those of you (hopefully someone?) who have the note ii and had the droid razr [maxx]; which is brighter? Also which one has better outdoors visibility in bright light ?

kintwofan
Old
Thanks Meter 2841

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Which is brighter razr (non-hd) or galaxy note ii ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
for those of you (hopefully someone?) who have the note ii and had the droid razr [maxx]; which is brighter? Also which one has better outdoors visibility in bright light ?
I had a razr and a maxx before my note. The note wins in both brightness and outdoor visibility

Sent from my SCH-I605 (AKA NOTE 2)
The Following User Says Thank You to kintwofan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bond32
Old
Thanks Meter 120
I had the razr. I always felt the razr display tended to be slightly darker than any phone I had...

kintwofan
Old
Thanks Meter 2841

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond32 View Post
I had the razr. I always felt the razr display tended to be slightly darker than any phone I had...
Agreed and kind of washed out

jake21
Old
(Last edited by jake21; 20th January 2013 at 11:19 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Thanks folks; I have the razr and have played wtih the note a bit (kind of wish it was a litle narrower) but alas the stores will not let me take em outside and I've learned from the past that it is very difficult to guest the impact of sunlight on the display.

smalltownbird
Old
Thanks Meter 38

My fiance has the razr and the note 2 wins in every single aspect except her ability to hold it. She has small hands... (which makes everything look bigger...)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to smalltownbird For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kintwofan
Old
Thanks Meter 2841

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
Thanks folks; I have the razr and have played wtih the note a bit (kind of wish it was a litle thinner) but alas the stores will not let me take em outside and I've learned from the past that it is very difficult to guest the impact of sunlight on the display.
Really you think the note is a little thick? I think it's thinner then my old maxx, but that was a while ago and I guess if you have the og razr the note is thicker

bond32
Old
Thanks Meter 120

I've never had issues with seeing the display in sunlight. If I did I would have brought it up. Wonder how the dna compares?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

dcdgoth
Old
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
I'm going to give you honest opinion comparing Razr Maxx and Note2. Razr Maxx looks more like the screen with blue tint job. White color didn't look really natural comparing Galaxy Note2. However, Galaxy Note2 screen is really hard to look at if you're outside.....which is one of the weak point of Note2....whereas Razr Maxx does better job under direct sun light.
Brick Count: Zero
Rooted VW Galaxy Note2: 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build10 rom / VRALL4 kernel and modem / new r96 google wallet(working great) / Wifi-tethering / Swap Hack
Rooted Galaxy Nexus(inactive): 4.1.2 Codename 3.8.0 rom / lean kernel / CWM Recovery
Rooted Samsung Fascinate(inactive): 4.1.2 Helly Bean Rom / Devil Kernel / CWM Recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to dcdgoth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jake21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
I see; bad choice of word; I should have said narrower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kintwofan View Post
Really you think the note is a little thick? I think it's thinner then my old maxx, but that was a while ago and I guess if you have the og razr the note is thicker