5,600,335 Members 35,041 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi calling discovery

Tip us?
 
layzer253
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 80
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tacoma,WA
Default Wifi calling discovery

Ive been looking around and researching on how to get wifi calling on AOSP roms. I have made what I believe to be a big discovery. T-mobile now uses IMS for newer android phones, which is UMA/sip etc. I decompiled the ims-service.apk from the stock DLJA rom. I found an XML that contains the settings to use the service! You can get the IMS installer from here http://code.google.com/p/the-ims-ope...t-for-android/

I put the settings into the app and tried connecting but it came up with ER05, invalid SIM card. I googled that and it I get leads to saying that the sim isn't authenticated for WIFI calling. I know that it is, because it works fine on stock roms. I've also attached a logcat of me attempting to connect. I've attempted to change some of the info of the strings to reflect my personal phone number but that did not change anything.
Attached Files
File Type: zip strings.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.9 KB, 180 views)
File Type: zip ims.zip - [Click for QR Code] (44.7 KB, 155 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to layzer253 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Phateless
Old
#2  
Phateless's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 446
Posts: 4,737
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oakland
Default Re: Wifi calling discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzer253 View Post
Ive been looking around and researching on how to get wifi calling on AOSP roms. I have made what I believe to be a big discovery. T-mobile now uses IMS for newer android phones, which is UMA/sip etc. I decompiled the ims-service.apk from the stock DLJA rom. I found an XML that contains the settings to use the service! You can get the IMS installer from here http://code.google.com/p/the-ims-ope...t-for-android/

I put the settings into the app and tried connecting but it came up with ER05, invalid SIM card. I googled that and it I get leads to saying that the sim isn't authenticated for WIFI calling. I know that it is, because it works fine on stock roms. I've also attached a logcat of me attempting to connect. I've attempted to change some of the info of the strings to reflect my personal phone number but that did not change anything.
Great find! Wifi calling is one of my favorite features.

Sent from my Sensation using xda premium
-Joshua
All you need to get a firm solar iQuote is an internet connection and 3 minutes.
http://www.sungevity.com/get-your-iq...@sungevity.com

Dropbox FTW http://db.tt/sQjzpz9
2D Gallery! - http://www.mediafire.com/?mzmjmkzmyxj

myTouch 4G Links:
PD15IMG.zip (2.2.1)
DISPLAY TEST
 
garyd9
Old
#3  
garyd9's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1873
Posts: 1,836
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
This isn't a suitable thread for "developer discussion." It also doesn't even mention which phone it's for, but based on "DLJA", I'm guessing it's for the SGS3, so it should be moved to the tmobile sgs3 sections.

Take care
Gary

Donations: I don't accept donations, but if you are feeling charitable, help a child by going to http://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/
and click the "Donate Now" link at the top.
 
benefit14snake
Old
#4  
benefit14snake's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 177
Posts: 812
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Henrico, VA
Default Re: Wifi calling discovery

Nice find buddy! Maybe this will go somewhere. Wifi calling is the ONLY feature I miss from touchjizz.

Sent from my T999 GS3 @ 2. 1GHZ
 
psykhotic
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 181
Posts: 1,121
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default Re: Wifi calling discovery

Anyone could have told you it's IMS. I don't get what you "discovered".
 
mondokat
Old
#6  
mondokat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 233
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by psykhotic View Post
Anyone could have told you it's IMS. I don't get what you "discovered".
Sounds like what he discovered was the xml file with the config in it, but it seems like there must be more to it than that, since it didn't work.
 
layzer253
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 80
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tacoma,WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondokat View Post
Sounds like what he discovered was the xml file with the config in it, but it seems like there must be more to it than that, since it didn't work.
Correct, I found the settings for the application to work, just need to figure out how to fix the sim authentication error. I was hoping someone would be able to chime in and give some advice
 
DigitalUnderground
Old
#8  
DigitalUnderground's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2006
Posts: 3,196
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: St. Paul, MN
Default Re: Wifi calling discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9 View Post
This isn't a suitable thread for "developer discussion." It also doesn't even mention which phone it's for, but based on "DLJA", I'm guessing it's for the SGS3, so it should be moved to the tmobile sgs3 sections.

Take care
Gary
With all do respect... This is the tmobile sgs3 general section... Unless its been moved already

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
 
Woody
Old
#9  
Woody's Avatar
Moderator & RC/RT Committees - Particle Physics Gives me a Hadron
Thanks Meter 7586
Posts: 6,154
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Immersed in Dark Matter
Gary moved it out of the Int'l SGS3 Developer's Discussion threads where he has limited Mod powers.
<a href=http://www.whiskey103.nl/x/sigs/Woody6_15fps.gif target=_blank rel=nofollow >http://www.whiskey103.nl/x/sigs/Woody6_15fps.gif</a>
ZFFZ

I GPL I

"The work of men of genius, however wrongly directed, hardly ever fails to open the eyes of men to new possibilities."
- Dr. Victor Frankenstein (Mary Shelley)
The Following User Says Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
carltonhimself
Old
#10  
carltonhimself's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 105
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sarasota
So I took part in a survey this morning sent from T-Mobile. They had some very interesting questions pertaining to Wi-Fi Calling and AOSP ROMS, specifically if I was running on a rooted device, and if I was able to get Wi-Fi calling enabled on whatever ROM I was using. They had other questions about Wi-Fi Calling and how much I would use it, etc...Apparently they're recognizing the community and are starting to ask the right questions. I like this line of thinking!

The Following User Says Thank You to carltonhimself For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes