Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!

OP ...Awesome...

25th January 2013, 09:31 AM   |  #21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Exclamation Bricked T999 ??
Hi

My co-worker bought a T999 S3 and tried flashing a I9300 ROM...bad idea ...
anyway now the phone is stuck on download mode when u start it.

is there any way out of this mess or the phone is bricked for good ?

Thanks.
Last edited by Cyronex; 25th January 2013 at 09:36 AM.
25th January 2013, 09:51 AM   |  #22  
...Awesome...'s Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 7,273
 
3,206 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Re: ***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyronex

Hi

My co-worker bought a T999 S3 and tried flashing a I9300 ROM...bad idea ...
anyway now the phone is stuck on download mode when u start it.

is there any way out of this mess or the phone is bricked for good ?

Thanks.

No recovery nothing?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
25th January 2013, 10:04 AM   |  #23  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Awesome...

No recovery nothing?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Only download mode.
25th January 2013, 10:23 AM   |  #24  
...Awesome...'s Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 7,273
 
3,206 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Re: ***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyronex

Only download mode.

If your computer recognizes your phone use ODIN to flash a rooted firmware.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=33115777

At the bottom of the second post you will see using the ODIN method to flash stock firmware you will need to get to download mode in your phone which u already are.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
25th January 2013, 10:27 AM   |  #25  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Awesome...

If your computer recognizes your phone use ODIN to flash a rooted firmware.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=33115777

At the bottom of the second post you will see using the ODIN method to flash stock firmware you will need to get to download mode in your phone which u already are.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Thanks!!! I'll give it a try
25th January 2013, 04:31 PM   |  #26  
DigitalUnderground's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St. Paul, MN
Thanks Meter: 2,426
 
3,654 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Re: ***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!
Thread should be stickied... Great idea ...Awesome...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to DigitalUnderground For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2013, 12:41 AM   |  #27  
ohshootrawr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ewa Beach
Thanks Meter: 93
 
478 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Re: ***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Awesome...

Do u happened to have apps that control frequency like setcpu etc? They might be conflicting each other

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2


I only use kernel tuner. After I flashed the kernel yesterday, the phone needed a few hours to cool down and adjust to the set frequencies.
26th January 2013, 07:13 AM   |  #28  
sooner4life's Avatar
Member
okemah,ok
Thanks Meter: 53
 
72 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Re: ***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!
Hello...is there anything one can do to get pc to recognize phone? It is a sgs3, rooted running domination, deviant kernel. Mtp driver is the problem. I have tried just about everything! Read page after page...uninstalled, installed kies drivers plug this plug that, do this from here, download this, download that....WTF? NOTHING WORKS...NOTHING?! Been throughout forums, bought several usb cables and sd cards. Odined (mobile version is the only way I could) back to stock unrooted. Last step is new phone. Thanks for your time. Sweet idea of a thread for people in dire straights!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
26th January 2013, 07:50 AM   |  #29  
Towle's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 1,862
 
3,306 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Re: ***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner4life

Hello...is there anything one can do to get pc to recognize phone? It is a sgs3, rooted running domination, deviant kernel. Mtp driver is the problem. I have tried just about everything! Read page after page...uninstalled, installed kies drivers plug this plug that, do this from here, download this, download that....WTF? NOTHING WORKS...NOTHING?! Been throughout forums, bought several usb cables and sd cards. Odined (mobile version is the only way I could) back to stock unrooted. Last step is new phone. Thanks for your time. Sweet idea of a thread for people in dire straights!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Have you tried a different computer?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Towle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2013, 09:24 AM   |  #30  
sooner4life's Avatar
Member
okemah,ok
Thanks Meter: 53
 
72 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Re: ***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!
Yes sir I have tried 5 different pc's. My daughters pc came closest to connection. It updated the mtp driver but all it shos is the phone icon and says needs trouble shooting. I do this and again it says update mtp driver. When I try to update this it says best driver already installed. Ready to give up at this point. Thank you for responding!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes