Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,503 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Transparent Softkeys?

Tip us?
 
xdmatt
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 67
Join Date: Mar 2011
Question Transparent Softkeys?

I just got this awesome phone, and I wonder if it would be possible to either hide the Softkeys (Back, Home and Recent) or make them 20-40% transparent, so the wallpapers look like fullscreen.

Any advice is appreciated.
 
clouse2013
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 166
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Columbus
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdmatt View Post
I just got this awesome phone, and I wonder if it would be possible to either hide the Softkeys (Back, Home and Recent) or make them 20-40% transparent, so the wallpapers look like fullscreen.

Any advice is appreciated.
I think you can just unzip the apk, change the images, repack it and flash. Do you how to do all that correctly? And let me see if I can whip something up for you today.
 
xdmatt
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 67
Join Date: Mar 2011
Well I know how to flash but not exactly how (and what) files to edit... But then you mean by editing this keys, then they would be semi transparent within any app, or just the main home screen? Either way would be fine by me
 
clouse2013
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 166
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Columbus
Default Re: Transparent Softkeys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdmatt View Post
Well I know how to flash but not exactly how (and what) files to edit... But then you mean by editing this keys, then they would be semi transparent within any app, or just the main home screen? Either way would be fine by me
You unpack the SystemUI.apk, edit the icons you want to change and repack out and flash. Know where the soft keys are but not the background they are on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium
 
xdmatt
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 67
Join Date: Mar 2011
Well, I'm not that good at editing stuff, so if someone out there could make the flashable file, it'd be much appreciated
 
clouse2013
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 166
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Columbus
Default Re: Transparent Softkeys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdmatt View Post
Well, I'm not that good at editing stuff, so if someone out there could make the flashable file, it'd be much appreciated
I can make the file flashable. I was just having trouble getting the transparency right. Give me a few days or through the weekend amd i may have something. Its hard getting time during the week with school and work.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clouse2013 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xdmatt
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 67
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouse2013 View Post
I can make the file flashable. I was just having trouble getting the transparency right. Give me a few days or through the weekend amd i may have something. Its hard getting time during the week with school and work.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

It would be much appreciated!
Also, If the "header" (where Signal, Clock, and Notifications go) could match the transparency of the keys, it would be great!
I'm guessing a 30% increase to transparency, added to the "default" keys would make the wallpaper visible, yet, the keys would still be noticeable...
 
xdmatt
Old
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 67
Join Date: Mar 2011
Any update on a flashable file?
 
rockstarr001
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 48
Join Date: Dec 2012
Bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdmatt View Post
Any update on a flashable file?
 
esok44
Old
#10  
esok44's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 301
Join Date: Feb 2011
I dont get the problem...

I'm on 4.1.2 stock and my softkey are transparent by default...
Always Remember: If you want to have a nice day, be a nice person
Esok

Devices:
RAZR HD | Validus-Rom... Attack of the Clowns
Samsung GS2 | Supernexus 2.0... Fastest Digitalcamera i've ever had
MB525 | Bricked... maybe i can throw it at people


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


MediaTek Continues Steps Towards Being Developer-Friendly

Not too long ago MediaTek was very closed off towards the mobile developer … more

Sony PS4 Remote Play Ported to All Android Devices

Im pretty sure that every informed gamer out there perked their ears up when Sony came out … more

Change Your Samsung Galaxy S2’s Dialer Background in Real Time

As with anything, if youve looked at something long enough, things can … more

Increase Your Multitasking Workflow with C-Floating Windows

Technology has put life on the fast track. Lazy, relaxed days have turned into … more