Transparent Softkeys?

21st January 2013, 02:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

67 posts
I just got this awesome phone, and I wonder if it would be possible to either hide the Softkeys (Back, Home and Recent) or make them 20-40% transparent, so the wallpapers look like fullscreen.

Any advice is appreciated.
21st January 2013, 04:02 PM   |  #2  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 25

166 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdmatt

I just got this awesome phone, and I wonder if it would be possible to either hide the Softkeys (Back, Home and Recent) or make them 20-40% transparent, so the wallpapers look like fullscreen.

Any advice is appreciated.

I think you can just unzip the apk, change the images, repack it and flash. Do you how to do all that correctly? And let me see if I can whip something up for you today.
22nd January 2013, 03:03 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

67 posts
Smile
Well I know how to flash but not exactly how (and what) files to edit... But then you mean by editing this keys, then they would be semi transparent within any app, or just the main home screen? Either way would be fine by me
22nd January 2013, 03:46 AM   |  #4  
Flag Columbus

166 posts
More
Re: Transparent Softkeys?
Quote:

Well I know how to flash but not exactly how (and what) files to edit... But then you mean by editing this keys, then they would be semi transparent within any app, or just the main home screen? Either way would be fine by me

You unpack the SystemUI.apk, edit the icons you want to change and repack out and flash. Know where the soft keys are but not the background they are on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium
22nd January 2013, 05:16 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

67 posts
Well, I'm not that good at editing stuff, so if someone out there could make the flashable file, it'd be much appreciated
23rd January 2013, 12:19 PM   |  #6  
Flag Columbus

166 posts
More
Re: Transparent Softkeys?
Quote:

Well, I'm not that good at editing stuff, so if someone out there could make the flashable file, it'd be much appreciated

I can make the file flashable. I was just having trouble getting the transparency right. Give me a few days or through the weekend amd i may have something. Its hard getting time during the week with school and work.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clouse2013 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2013, 11:24 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

67 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouse2013

I can make the file flashable. I was just having trouble getting the transparency right. Give me a few days or through the weekend amd i may have something. Its hard getting time during the week with school and work.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

It would be much appreciated!
Also, If the "header" (where Signal, Clock, and Notifications go) could match the transparency of the keys, it would be great!
I'm guessing a 30% increase to transparency, added to the "default" keys would make the wallpaper visible, yet, the keys would still be noticeable...
1st February 2013, 09:52 AM   |  #8  
OP Member

67 posts
Any update on a flashable file?
4th February 2013, 10:42 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1

48 posts
Bump

Quote:

Any update on a flashable file?

5th February 2013, 03:53 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 50

301 posts
More
I dont get the problem...

I'm on 4.1.2 stock and my softkey are transparent by default...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread