MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

add own kernel source into rom source

14th September 2013, 12:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lenexa
Thanks Meter: 1,620

1,755 posts
Donate to Me
More
ok i want to add my own kernel source into my aokp source, how would i edit the manifest.xml file to stop getting the kernel source form CM's kernel tree, and instead use my source like so: https://github.com/azoller1/android_kernel_asus_grouper

would i have to create a local_manifest?
25th September 2013, 07:05 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,417

1,404 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoller1

ok i want to add my own kernel source into my aokp source, how would i edit the manifest.xml file to stop getting the kernel source form CM's kernel tree, and instead use my source like so: https://github.com/azoller1/android_kernel_asus_grouper

would i have to create a local_manifest?

You will have to create a local manifest and then remove the project.. And add your own. I don't think this question belongs here. I think you can post either in the Q and As / some help thread or try and check out this thread. Hope this helps.
26th September 2013, 10:53 PM   |  #3  
Flag Garland
Thanks Meter: 26

50 posts
More
i just clone mine manually into kernel/asus/, calling it somn different and edit the device/asus/grouper/BoardConfigCommon.mk to
`...
TARGET_KERNEL_CONFIG := oxydo_defconfig
TARGET_KERNEL_SOURCE := kernel/asus/oxydo
...`

ofc some kernels require different toolchains, but that's a different question

Sent from my Nexus 7
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Nexus 7 Developer Discussion [Developers Only] by ThreadRank