Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Your Note 2 Is Not Defective. [Solutions To Common Quality Issues Found On Note 2]

OP winlinmac001

1st February 2013, 02:17 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 272

5,715 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winlinmac001

Even if you don't have the lines / blotches, the Mura still exists, you just can't distinguish them as they are in the form of stains this time (takes up most of the display; explains why blacks are blacker in a dark setting compared to the S2 and Note 1); these panels are not embedded with the technology from Ignis Innovation.

Sorry, no stains on my screen no sign of mura what so ever. Though I find the blacks on the N2 a little disappointing as it is 'brighter' than my Note 1 and S2, my S1 still holds really deep blacks.. barely able to tell if the screen is on in a totally dark room as compared to the N2 which.
1st February 2013, 05:22 PM   |  #22  
Flag Algiers
Thanks Meter: 247

432 posts
More
Re: Your Note 2 Is Not Defective. [Solutions To Common Quality Issues Found On Note
Some people here are talking about exchanging the phone if they don't like it, in my country, no way to exchange it no matter what you think it is, defective, not cute enough, you changed your mind...
Also, i didn't know that most people know about this crap quality control of samsung, mine has a scratch on the screen and the camera hole of the back cover doesn't fit the camera lens, all out of the box ^_^
I hope nokia will make android handsets someday, or HTC stop being childish and put a real battery in their phones, i don't care about how thick it is, just give me the Damn two days am getting with the note2 and take my money.

Best regards
Sifou
Using a Samsung N7100
1st February 2013, 05:28 PM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47

517 posts
These stains extent beyond the edge of the viewable screen area; this is why it is hardly distinguishable. Mura Exists on every Note 2 and any other device using the AMOLED displays (Mura is not technically defined as something to do with lines, dots, blobs, splotches, etc). Mura also involves cloudy areas, which many Note 2 owners might consider is normal, but is not. Bring your brightness down to below 0% and you will see what I mean. The organic layer is obviously not long-lasting.
1st February 2013, 05:30 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 272

5,715 posts
More
Ok, if you say so
1st February 2013, 05:43 PM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47

517 posts
You you have nothing to worry about; your AMOLED display is normal just like everyone else's. As long as your screen does not flicker, and you don't see crazy tint, you are fine then.

However, to all reading this thread, be cautious and don't burn-in your display. AMOLED screens have the tendency to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ

Ok, if you say so

Last edited by winlinmac001; 2nd February 2013 at 03:30 AM.
1st February 2013, 06:01 PM   |  #26  
Flag Algiers

432 posts
More
Re: Your Note 2 Is Not Defective. [Solutions To Common Quality Issues Found On Note
I forgot the defective usb cable, not working at all, also out of the box ^_^
Am using a trusty Sony cable.

Best regards
Sifou
Using a Samsung N7100
3rd February 2013, 06:48 AM   |  #27  
Flag Ludhiana
Thanks Meter: 242

1,217 posts
More
Hiiiii
M using note 2,
I noticed in silver bezel tjat there is very slightly gap, which cannot be much noticable,
Dimension looks like of gap is may be 0.2mm gap,
Its not noticable..
And my question is should I replace?
3rd February 2013, 07:31 AM   |  #28  
Flag Algiers

432 posts
More
If you can, YES! Of course, but keep an eye on the new one, it may be worse than the one you already own ^_^

Best regards
Sifou
Using a Samsung N7100
The Following User Says Thank You to sos_sifou For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 07:04 PM   |  #29  
Flag Montevideo
Thanks Meter: 23

131 posts
More
My volume buttons are ok, but there is a gap between the bezel and the screen at this buttons position.

Anyone else?

Thanks.

(got a titanium note 2)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
18th February 2013, 07:26 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 584

162 posts
All Good
No Problem here

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread