FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

Steps to get back GPS on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3

265 posts
Thanks Meter: 211
 
By tthaz777, Senior Member on 21st January 2013, 11:19 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
You just need to do the following steps to get back GPS on your T-Mobile GS3
1. Install TriangleAway here. Thanks to Chainfire.
2. Open TriangleAway, reset flashing counter (you must have root access)
3. Download original unrooted firmware for T-Mobile Galaxy S3 (T999UVALEM) here. Thanks to SamMobile
4. Boot your phone into Download Mode (Volume down + power + home) and flash the firmware above via ODIN
5. If you have bootloop after flashing, remove battery, boot your phone into Recovery Mode by holding volume up + power + home (should be stock recovery because custom recovery will be lost), wipe data (factory reset) + wipe cache
6. When your phone finishes rebooting, you will see the GPS has been fixed and worked perfectly.
7. Upgrading to the latest JB 4.1.1 by flashing the rooted firmware by DocHoliday77 here. GPS still works.
Please thanks if this post is helpful.
Last edited by tthaz777; 22nd January 2013 at 01:03 AM.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to tthaz777 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
21st January 2013, 11:30 PM |#2  
flipq88's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 641
 
More
Re: Steps to get back GPS on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3
Can we just flash these via recovery? I don't have access to a laptop

Sent from Flip's S3
22nd January 2013, 12:38 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
Re: Steps to get back GPS on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elflip88

Can we just flash these via recovery? I don't have access to a laptop

Sent from Flip's S3

See first line of op

If i helped hit thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mike102871 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2013, 12:56 AM |#4  
flipq88's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 641
 
More
Re: Steps to get back GPS on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthaz777

3. Download original unrooted firmware for T-Mobile Galaxy S3 (T999UVALEM) here. Thanks to SamMobile

Ok so this firmware is unrooted right? But does it also revert you back to stock recovery? Or will it keep whatever recovery I'm on? I'm thinking of trying this with mobile odin but want to make sure that i keep twrp so i can reroot after installing this.

Sent from Flip's S3
22nd January 2013, 12:59 AM |#5  
tthaz777's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 211
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elflip88

Ok so this firmware is unrooted right? But does it also revert you back to stock recovery? Or will it keep whatever recovery I'm on? I'm thinking of trying this with mobile odin but want to make sure that i keep twrp so i can reroot after installing this.

Sent from Flip's S3

You will lost root access. But you can flash TWRP recovery after step #7.

Enable USB debugging on your phone and connect it to your PC

Download the latest version of TWRP recovery here. Thanks to TeamWin.

adb push openrecovery-twrp-2.3.3.1-d2tmo.img /sdcard/openrecovery-twrp-2.3.3.1-d2tmo.img

adb shell

su

dd if=/sdcard/openrecovery-twrp-2.3.3.1-d2tmo.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

reboot recovery
Last edited by tthaz777; 22nd January 2013 at 01:05 AM.
22nd January 2013, 01:17 AM |#6  
flipq88's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 641
 
More
Re: Steps to get back GPS on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthaz777

You will lost root access. But you can flash TWRP recovery after step #7.

Enable USB debugging on your phone and connect it to your PC

Download the latest version of TWRP recovery here. Thanks to TeamWin.

adb push openrecovery-twrp-2.3.3.1-d2tmo.img /sdcard/openrecovery-twrp-2.3.3.1-d2tmo.img

adb shell

su

dd if=/sdcard/openrecovery-twrp-2.3.3.1-d2tmo.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

reboot recovery

Problem is i don't have access to a laptop, I'll just wait until I do and try this.

Sent from Flip's S3
23rd January 2013, 06:23 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthaz777

You just need to do the following steps to get back GPS on your T-Mobile GS3
1. Install TriangleAway here. Thanks to Chainfire.
2. Open TriangleAway, reset flashing counter (you must have root access)
3. Download original unrooted firmware for T-Mobile Galaxy S3 (T999UVALEM) here. Thanks to SamMobile
4. Boot your phone into Download Mode (Volume down + power + home) and flash the firmware above via ODIN
5. If you have bootloop after flashing, remove battery, boot your phone into Recovery Mode by holding volume up + power + home (should be stock recovery because custom recovery will be lost), wipe data (factory reset) + wipe cache
6. When your phone finishes rebooting, you will see the GPS has been fixed and worked perfectly.
7. Upgrading to the latest JB 4.1.1 by flashing the rooted firmware by DocHoliday77 here. GPS still works.
Please thanks if this post is helpful.

Excellent, worked seamlessly. Thanks
29th January 2013, 09:02 AM |#8  
Magnumxxxl's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
About to try, hopefully this fixes my gps
29th January 2013, 12:21 PM |#9  
bigtom624's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia Pa.
Thanks Meter: 312
 
More
Re: Steps to get back GPS on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnumxxxl

About to try, hopefully this fixes my gps

It worked great for me. Just make sure you follow the steps exactly and you'll be fine.
29th January 2013, 05:41 PM |#10  
Don_Perrignon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 122
 
More
Didn't work for me. I think maybe my GPS antenna is busted. I have a warranty replacement coming in today.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes