Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Steps to get back GPS on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3

OP tthaz777

30th January 2013, 06:02 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 122

811 posts
Man! I swear! Let me tell you guys something.

I got my replacement today.

I flashed a ROM, lost my IMEI (on my second phone... for those wondering, I'm use TWRP) along with GPS.

Went back to a Root77 ROM.

Restored my 4G and now all of a sudden I have GPS. I can navigate again.

On the old phone, I traveled six hours to Dallas on Sunday for two interviews Monday. You can imagine me on Sunday evening when I realized the GPS was screwed.

I'm heck of paranoid to do anything with this phone now.
3rd February 2013, 11:41 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 21

341 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elflip88

Problem is i don't have access to a laptop, I'll just wait until I do and try this.

Sent from Flip's S3

Mobile Odin should work never tried it but to root your might need a pc. Just wish there was a way to get gps back on the rom I'm on so it's easier just to keep stuff the way I have it
4th February 2013, 10:26 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 616

1,529 posts
More
Re: Steps to get back GPS on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by futty

Mobile Odin should work never tried it but to root your might need a pc. Just wish there was a way to get gps back on the rom I'm on so it's easier just to keep stuff the way I have it

Actually mine came back on. I had flashed the Galaxymod ported rom and it started working on it. I had it for a few days then flashed back frosty and gps stopped working. Then I ended up flashing Synergy rom and again my gps started working. I ended up having to many problems with it so I flashed back to frosty only this time my gps still worked. Have been back on Frosty for a week and my gps is still working prefect.

Sent from Flip's S3
4th February 2013, 02:53 PM   |  #14  
Flag colorado springs
Thanks Meter: 36

185 posts
Donate to Me
More
Did the same thing, was told that if you flash the Synergy Rom it will bring back your GPS, it worked for me as well, connecting fast as ever too! It's worth a try

sent from my wicked pink sgs3
The Following User Says Thank You to nvmehaterz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th February 2013, 03:38 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 10

66 posts
To OP: How do the instructions differ with the new OTA rom? I want to update, but I now kind of rely on my GPS and Data working 100%.
5th February 2013, 12:37 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 2

33 posts
Confirmed! This process works 100%.

Not sure why it works, but who cares, right?
5th February 2013, 05:13 PM   |  #17  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 93

634 posts
More
Might be a setting in the build that custom roms screw up. I just know for some time being on custom roms, my GPS is unable to lock on. But I screwed up 4.2.1 custom rom downgrade back to 4.1.X due to 4.2's profile architecture, so I ended up completely ODIN back to stock to start over. My GPS works again now and I went back to a custom rom and it still works.

---

Side question... regarding flash counter, I been doing some searching. Is this necessary? I understand if warranty work needs to be done, Samsung will reject the device if flash count is >0, but some ppl are complaining about having an unlocked bootloader with a unlock icon during boot. I don't have that?
Last edited by Aria807; 5th February 2013 at 05:44 PM.
5th February 2013, 11:23 PM   |  #18  
Flag Santa Rosa, Ca
Thanks Meter: 1,432

2,208 posts
Donate to Me
More
GPS works again woohoo!

Only problem is, triangle away didn't work for me (it said it was successful) but when in download mode my flash count is now 2? 0.o

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
6th February 2013, 11:22 PM   |  #19  
Flag Kannapolis, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,086

1,773 posts
More
so maybe i missed something, how do you loose GPS? are TW roms loosing GPS? ive been using AOSP roms and have no issues with GPS at all
7th February 2013, 02:03 AM   |  #20  
Flag Lawrenceville, GA
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
More
I had the same thing- GPS ate it, started working again randomly, then ate it again, even after following the steps in this post. I got my RMA'd replacement today, and I'm not about to load anything custom on it until the warranty is long out and whatever is causing this problem is resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Perrignon

Man! I swear! Let me tell you guys something.

I got my replacement today.

I flashed a ROM, lost my IMEI (on my second phone... for those wondering, I'm use TWRP) along with GPS.

Went back to a Root77 ROM.

Restored my 4G and now all of a sudden I have GPS. I can navigate again.

On the old phone, I traveled six hours to Dallas on Sunday for two interviews Monday. You can imagine me on Sunday evening when I realized the GPS was screwed.

I'm heck of paranoid to do anything with this phone now.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread