Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 52,875 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 10 to receive major upgrade

Tip us?

mattzildjian
Old
(Last edited by mattzildjian; 22nd January 2013 at 01:44 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Exclamation Nexus 10 to receive major upgrade

I'm sure this news will be frustrating to hear from many Nexus 10 owners, I am still going through replacements to get a good screen without light bleed and dead pixels and then I hear about this.

Thoughts ??

Quote:
The popular tablet already features a decently fast 1.7GHz dual-core Exynos processor alongside a Mali-T604 GPU. However, new rumors suggest that it will soon beef up with a quad-core processor and a brand new 8-core Mali-T678 GPU.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/490480/goog...es-more-power/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattzildjian For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brGabriel
Old
Thanks Meter 219
Wow...

styckx
Old
Thanks Meter 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattzildjian View Post
I'm sure this news will be frustrating to hear from many Nexus 10 owners.

The popular tablet already features a decently fast 1.7GHz dual-core Exynos processor alongside a Mali-T604 GPU. However, new rumors suggest that it will soon beef up with a quad-core processor and a brand new 8-core Mali-T678 GPU.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/490480/goog...es-more-power/
I hate to be "that guy" but I'm going to be "that guy".

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2111301

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2109422

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2108875
Current OS: Dual boot / Windows 8 & Ubuntu 13.04
Current PC i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz / 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline @ 1600MHz / 2X - GTX 680 Twin Frozr SLI / P8Z68 DELUXE / 2TB/1TB/1TB
Current active devices: Nexus 4 / Nexus 10 / Chromecast
Former devices: Nexus 7 / Nexus S 4G / Galaxy Tab 10.1 / Samsung Epic 4G / Samsung Moment
Google+ Profile: DELETED
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to styckx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mattzildjian
Old
(Last edited by mattzildjian; 22nd January 2013 at 01:51 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
I am surprised none of these are on the front page of general, none of them even showed up in the similar posts when I was making this thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattzildjian For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

y2whisper
Old
Thanks Meter 221
because next to no one else is really reporting it. so complete rumour/potential bs at this point.
Google Nexus 5 by LG 32GB
Slimkat 6.6
Faux Kernel

Google Nexus 7 by Asus 32GB
Stock L Preview - Rooted
Stock Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to y2whisper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

waltthizzney
Old
Thanks Meter 17
this wont come out till the fall anyway... 1 year life cycle is typical isnt it?

styckx
Old
Thanks Meter 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltthizzney View Post
this wont come out till the fall anyway... 1 year life cycle is typical isnt it?
Very typical. The problem is the terrible source story is written like Google is going to have a girl in a bikini pop out of a cake and deliver this new device on the shelves of Walmart in a few weeks with a card in the package telling early adopters to eat crap.
Current OS: Dual boot / Windows 8 & Ubuntu 13.04
Current PC i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz / 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline @ 1600MHz / 2X - GTX 680 Twin Frozr SLI / P8Z68 DELUXE / 2TB/1TB/1TB
Current active devices: Nexus 4 / Nexus 10 / Chromecast
Former devices: Nexus 7 / Nexus S 4G / Galaxy Tab 10.1 / Samsung Epic 4G / Samsung Moment
Google+ Profile: DELETED
The Following User Says Thank You to styckx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4,178
Fourth thread to say the exact same thing with absolultely no credible sources for any of the info stated.

"New rumors suggest" = flimsy puff piece. And do you guys typically get breaking Android news from sites like "thebrightsideofthenews.com" and the "inquisitr.com?" I sure don't. And like styckx said above, use the friggin search button or at least take time to review the front page because all three other threads discussing this very same issue are on it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

i9100g user
Old
Thanks Meter 270
Default Re: Nexus 10 to receive major upgrade

Wow im happy finally that I didn't go with nexus 10 mali t 678 would be a beast somewhere 3 times powerful than current nexus 10s gpu mali t604

burhanistan
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by i9100g user View Post
Wow im happy finally that I didn't go with nexus 10 mali t 678 would be a beast somewhere 3 times powerful than current nexus 10s gpu mali t604
Maybe, but the market will pretty much always be like this. I wouldn't get too bogged down in those specs for a tablet.