[Help] Wifi DHCP issue

Search This thread

sevenup30

Jan 19, 2011
Montpellier
Hi guys,

i dont know if i'm on the right forum, so if i'm wrong sorry.

I'm asking help because i'm stuck with this issue for a week.

I built baked blackbean 7 (4.2.1) for Galaxy tab 2 10.1.

The only issue i have is wifi is not working by DHCP, only with static.

When connecting with DHCP it stuck on "obtaining ip address"

I checked with
Code:
shell@android:/ $ busybox ifconfig wlan0
wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 9C:02:98:89:C3:29  
          inet addr:192.168.1.24  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:268 errors:0 dropped:127 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:29 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 
          RX bytes:59792 (58.3 KiB)  TX bytes:4997 (4.8 KiB)
but still stuck on "Obtaining ip address"

here's a logcat in case of:

http://pastebin.com/iz2cxBLz

thanks in advance

Lost.soul

Dec 19, 2011
Since you already have a lease and DHCPD is requesting a new one, I do think your build is exhibiting a bug maybe related to this one:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=11236 (See issue 2 in the link)

Try this:
1 - Turn wifi off
2 - Delete everything in /data/misc/dhcp
Code:
rm /data/misc/dhcp/*

You can do the above through adb shell or through a Terminal emulator.

Once done, reboot and try again.

Good luck

UN5EEN

Aug 25, 2010
Sony Xperia 5 II
Since you already have a lease and DHCPD is requesting a new one, I do think your build is exhibiting a bug maybe related to this one:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=11236 (See issue 2 in the link)

Try this:
1 - Turn wifi off
Code:
rm /data/misc/dhcp/*

Good luck

I'm experiencing the same WiFi connection issue on my RAZR M running CM10. Would deleting everything in /data/misc/dhcp work for me as well and if so do you think I'd be able to safely delete the files via rootExplorer?

Sent from my XT907 using xda premium

Lost.soul

Dec 19, 2011
I'm experiencing the same WiFi connection issue on my RAZR M running CM10. Would deleting everything in /data/misc/dhcp work for me as well and if so do you think I'd be able to safely delete the files via rootExplorer?

Hello,

Yes you should definitely try it, and yeah root explorer should be more than fine.

Reactions: UN5EEN

MFighter

May 5, 2011

Try this:
1 - Turn wifi off
Code:
rm /data/misc/dhcp/*

Good luck

worked for me on entirely different device, still CM though.
Android would not send ANY dhcp packets at all and simply start arping autoconfigure ipv4 addresses... silly really...
So if your wifi does not work, try static - if that works -> delete the files as mentioned above.
Not sure how the DHCP Client gets messed up that way...

Thanks!

Last edited:

panda822

Jul 5, 2011
no dns with dhcp

Hi!

I have a similar problem. I have a SG-II and suddenly I can not get a DNS server from my router. My DNS servers are 0.0.0.0. I have reset the router change the firmware still the same problem. Then I have formatted the phone installed Resurection Remix 4.4.2 from scratch still the same. Then I have made a virtual router from my laptop still the same problem. It does not want to set a DNS server from DHCP. If I am setting static IP address with DNS is working fine.

Does any one have any ideas how can I fix this?

CurbThePain

Hi!

I have a similar problem. I have a SG-II and suddenly I can not get a DNS server from my router. My DNS servers are 0.0.0.0. I have reset the router change the firmware still the same problem. Then I have formatted the phone installed Resurection Remix 4.4.2 from scratch still the same. Then I have made a virtual router from my laptop still the same problem. It does not want to set a DNS server from DHCP. If I am setting static IP address with DNS is working fine.

Does any one have any ideas how can I fix this?

This is an older thread but all I can tell you is its a hardware issue at that point. If all of what you said is true then either the wifi card in your phone is taking a crap and you'd either need to replace the whole phone or it could be your router is taking a crap. The ONLY other thing it could be is a security issue. Try changing your security on your router to WEP or some other WPA/WPA2 security or if you don't mind unsecured you could use that. I guarantee that doing all that would fix your issue. Costly but its the only choice.

panda822

Jul 5, 2011
It was fault of ROM dns. They had a modified DNS file and google services updated something and become an issue to the DHCP. Meanwhile I've changed the ROM and the issue is gone!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Try this:
    1 - Turn wifi off
    Code:
    rm /data/misc/dhcp/*

Good luck

Hello,

Yes you should definitely try it, and yeah root explorer should be more than fine.