Thread Closed

[ROM][5/5][4.2.2] - CleanROM 2.3 -★| Aroma | Smooth | Stable | CLEAN! |★-

24th January 2013, 12:28 PM   |  #21  
CJeep's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Scott, thanks. I have to say this is fast and stable. Stock kernel for me so far.

While I really like it, I'm now all about CleanROM, so I do hope you make a more full featured version, as I tend to really like the choices you make.

Bravo sir!
24th January 2013, 01:50 PM   |  #22  
gmfeny's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 189
 
1,241 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2007
Re: [ROM][1/21] - CleanROM Lite Edition 1.0 -★| Clean, Lite, Stable, and Fast! |★-
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler

WOW, WinMo? What device? Those were the good 'ole days!

No wait, flip phones were the good ole days, lol

Touch Pro2... But I've and I'm sure you been around since the palm 700wx, HTC titan, touch pro and touch pro2. I really didn't start flashing ROMs until the touch pro tho.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
24th January 2013, 01:52 PM   |  #23  
Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis' west side
Thanks Meter: 883
 
754 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler

YOu can make ROMS without learning the "make" command. This is the stock ROM reverse engineered. Takes less time than AOSP and is the most stable



Im sure some one can but I really think that may be a bit excessive. Its a stock based ROM, with minimal Google apps, that has been tweaked and tuned to leverage the true hardware capabilities of the devices. Its very Clean, fast and stable. No themes on the ROM at all. I also added an extended power menu to that allows to reboot and reboot to recovery. No other visual changes except the speed

Learning AOSP is quite simple and actually easier to work with since all of the code is in front of you in raw form, if you ever want to learn the quick way pm me.
24th January 2013, 04:47 PM   |  #24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
371 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
For some reason the AOSP browser doesn't sync correctly so all my bookmarks didnt transfer over. No problem in Chrome, except I hate using Chrome with a passion. Laggy and not intuitive. If you can somehow fix the AOSP browser, it would be great. Otherwise, the rom is flawless and smooth and stable too.
24th January 2013, 05:17 PM   |  #25  
dhd#1's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
AW: [ROM][1/21] - CleanROM Lite Edition 1.0 -★| Clean, Lite, Stable, and Fast! |★-
I have no GPS Signal on this great Rom

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 10 mit Tapatalk 2
Last edited by dhd#1; 24th January 2013 at 06:28 PM.
24th January 2013, 10:47 PM   |  #26  
Furioustylez's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 154
 
374 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Re: [ROM][1/21] - CleanROM Lite Edition 1.0 -★| Clean, Lite, Stable, and Fast! |★-
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhd#1

I have no GPS Signal on this great Rom

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 10 mit Tapatalk 2

Download GPS test from the market to see if that works, if not you're going to have to probably have to reflash. Ive been using this rom since it's been out and GPS has always been working on this rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
24th January 2013, 11:05 PM   |  #27  
KestrelX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 130
 
373 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Re: [ROM][1/21] - CleanROM Lite Edition 1.0 -★| Clean, Lite, Stable, and Fast! |★-
Just flashed this today. Very smooth and fast. Using ktmanta kernel. No problems!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
24th January 2013, 11:34 PM   |  #28  
scrosler's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 52,013
 
23,760 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJeep

Scott, thanks. I have to say this is fast and stable. Stock kernel for me so far.

While I really like it, I'm now all about CleanROM, so I do hope you make a more full featured version, as I tend to really like the choices you make.

Bravo sir!

Indeed I will! This is a "get my feet wet" ROM like any new device I start off 1.0 with a lite offering... Then by version 2.0 it has progressed to a full fledged aroma offering...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny

Touch Pro2... But I've and I'm sure you been around since the palm 700wx, HTC titan, touch pro and touch pro2. I really didn't start flashing ROMs until the touch pro tho.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TP2! TP was a good phone. I started out with the Apache, device right before Titan. Made my first Public ROM for the Titan using DCD's kitchen... And from there... The rest is ROM history, lol.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard

Learning AOSP is quite simple and actually easier to work with since all of the code is in front of you in raw form, if you ever want to learn the quick way pm me.

If you know a quick way to set up a repo then hell yeah!I have always been tempted to give it a whirl but never got past doing kernels.

I'll send you a PM Jak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by situman

For some reason the AOSP browser doesn't sync correctly so all my bookmarks didnt transfer over. No problem in Chrome, except I hate using Chrome with a passion. Laggy and not intuitive. If you can somehow fix the AOSP browser, it would be great. Otherwise, the rom is flawless and smooth and stable too.

Interesting... I will take a look when I get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KestrelX

Just flashed this today. Very smooth and fast. Using ktmanta kernel. No problems!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Very good then!




Whats everyones fav kernel so far? I havent even had the time to test those yet.



-Scott
25th January 2013, 12:27 AM   |  #29  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
335 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
It's between KTManta or Franco's kernel. I'm running Franco's right now and it's great though I have been getting a lot of random reboots lately... don't know if that's a kernel issue, ROM issue, or just an issue with 4.2. Haven't tried the newest release(s) of KTManta so I don't know how much it has improved.
25th January 2013, 12:59 AM   |  #30  
scrosler's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 52,013
 
23,760 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by dust.

It's between KTManta or Franco's kernel. I'm running Franco's right now and it's great though I have been getting a lot of random reboots lately... don't know if that's a kernel issue, ROM issue, or just an issue with 4.2. Haven't tried the newest release(s) of KTManta so I don't know how much it has improved.

Havent had one reboot on this ROM and I had ran it a week before release. Stock Kernel though...


Are you over clocking at all?
Last edited by scrosler; 25th January 2013 at 01:04 AM.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes