[Expert advice needed] [HELP Reqd] Wifi connecting but not working...why?

OP mathrania

28th January 2013, 07:48 PM   |  #21  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 646

1,995 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappas99

pretty sure its not hardware related because it doesn't happen on all routers/networks. If you've only tested it on one or two then try on a couple others and see. for me it only occurs on one or two out of about a dozen wifi networks

My colleagues have the same One X, they never reported anything and not even in office, while for me it does not work :/

I would say that this issue might not be easily noticeable to a common user ( at least before the JB update). As said by the OP, it is very much noticeable after the JB update.
28th January 2013, 07:56 PM   |  #22  
Flag Bridlington
Thanks Meter: 615

849 posts
More
Re: [Expert advice needed] [HELP Reqd] Wifi connecting but not working...why?
Been thinking about this problem.

Could this be firewall related? Stopping the info getting through? Either the routers firewall or one installed on your phone?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to bigoliver For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th January 2013, 08:04 PM   |  #23  
Flag Dubai

1,995 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigoliver

Been thinking about this problem.

Could this be firewall related? Stopping the info getting through? Either the routers firewall or one installed on your phone?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2

Nothing on my phone at-least, i have almost all the apps disabled now for testing!!!

i am uploading my video, will post it here and going to send it to HTC service center to have a look and suggest !
28th January 2013, 08:19 PM   |  #24  
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 8

61 posts
Donate to Me
cheers, please keep this thread updated with anything from HTC
The Following User Says Thank You to pappas99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th January 2013, 10:34 PM   |  #25  
Flag UK

257 posts
I reverted back to stock earlier and performed full wipe and then factory reset and wiped the whole sdcard. So far I've been connected to internet for 90 minutes when previously it would be a few minutes. Will see if still connected when get up in morning
28th January 2013, 10:41 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 141

1,046 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerx

I reverted back to stock earlier and performed full wipe and then factory reset and wiped the whole sdcard. So far I've been connected to internet for 90 minutes when previously it would be a few minutes. Will see if still connected when get up in morning

try stock Jb 4.2.1 fom pabx, works at treat.You know, I have the same issue but on carrier band 3g/H lol, I think that's related to my network booster though, nothing to do with pabx rom,as it happened on factory software.
Last edited by boe323; 28th January 2013 at 10:43 PM.
28th January 2013, 10:47 PM   |  #27  
Flag UK

257 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe323

try stock Jb 4.2.1 fom pabx, works at treat.You know, I have the same issue but on carrier band 3g/H lol, I think that's related to my network booster though, nothing to do with pabx rom,as it happened on factory software.

Issue with WiFi not 3g - and if need to send back then must be stock
28th January 2013, 10:48 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 141

1,046 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerx

Issue with WiFi not 3g - and if need to send back then must be stock

I know, I was just saying.
29th January 2013, 02:21 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 120

445 posts
More
Re: [Expert advice needed] [HELP Reqd] Wifi connecting but not working...why?
I set up my friends HOX last night to connect to my wifi same issue it connects allows a little data then disconnects, entered settings in my previous post and all was fine. This problem is not specific to HTC, JB or ICS I have encountered this on previous android builds as well and had to manually configure the phones wifi to connect. In almost all cases it's software not hardware related.

Sent from...... The Milky Way
Last edited by maxilick; 29th January 2013 at 02:24 AM.
29th January 2013, 04:04 AM   |  #30  
Flag Dubai

1,995 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxilick

I set up my friends HOX last night to connect to my wifi same issue it connects allows a little data then disconnects, entered settings in my previous post and all was fine. This problem is not specific to HTC, JB or ICS I have encountered this on previous android builds as well and had to manually configure the phones wifi to connect. In almost all cases it's software not hardware related.

Sent from...... The Milky Way

Just to make sure, are you telling that the WiFi disconnects? For me and OP here, our WiFi does not get disconnected at all. The device connects to WiFi and shows the WiFi Signal always (its connected in other words), but there is no data transfer stops randomly after sometime.

A new finding that i have is that if i leave it just like that, it connects back in sometime.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread