Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more
Post Reply

[Q] Rooting without downgrade if you have Jelly Bean

OP wemsinho

1st February 2013, 05:06 AM   |  #11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Re: [Q] Rooting without downgrade if you have Jelly Bean
I'm using xt926 maxx and downgrade many time with no trouble,
Hope my information is helpful ^^

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app
4th February 2013, 06:58 PM   |  #12  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
unlocked or rooted?
HELP!
I have gone around with a motorola RAZR M only to be told by motorola that it couldn't be rooted. I have several posts in the general discussions area of the RAZR M. Motorola told me that I HAD to have a developer edition phone to unlock the bootloader. I did that. They told me that with the bootloader unlocked it would be considered rooted. That isn't true. I think I was misled or maybe uninformed. The phone that I got from them is a XT926dev. I voided the warranty, unlocked the bootloader and nothing has really changed. All the root dependent apps say it isn't rooted.
What am I not doing that completes the root? I have root checker and it's sole requirement for root appears to be whether or not superuser and su.binary are installed in the root sectors. Can anybody lead me into the light? I'm scared of the dark.
JABę
5th February 2013, 02:26 PM   |  #13  
esok44's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
301 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabeth407

HELP!
I have gone around with a motorola RAZR M only to be told by motorola that it couldn't be rooted. I have several posts in the general discussions area of the RAZR M. Motorola told me that I HAD to have a developer edition phone to unlock the bootloader. I did that. They told me that with the bootloader unlocked it would be considered rooted. That isn't true. I think I was misled or maybe uninformed. The phone that I got from them is a XT926dev. I voided the warranty, unlocked the bootloader and nothing has really changed. All the root dependent apps say it isn't rooted.
What am I not doing that completes the root? I have root checker and it's sole requirement for root appears to be whether or not superuser and su.binary are installed in the root sectors. Can anybody lead me into the light? I'm scared of the dark.
JABę

You maybe have unlocked the Bootloader, but that does not necessary means, you are rooted.

First think on which Firmware is you XT926, is it on 4.0.4 or is it on 4.1.2

If you are on 4.0.4, read this Thread.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1943851

If you are on 4.1.2 and your bootloader really is unlocked, read this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2118483

If you are on 4.1.2 and your phone is VERIZON xt926 and your bootloader is locked:
Try Matts Tool to downgrade. Then do the first step i mentioned

Next time please inform yourself about the things you want to do. This should be the first thing. If you dont know the difference between an unlocked bootloader and root access, you should propably not try to mess with these kind of things.

Maybe Motorola Service Workers aren't the right people to ask about stuff like that...

But well hope i helped you out of the dark, greetz Esok
The Following User Says Thank You to esok44 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2013, 02:36 PM   |  #14  
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 41
 
246 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Re: [Q] Rooting without downgrade if you have Jelly Bean
If you have the XT925 RAZR HD and don't want to downgrade, for now you have to unlock your BL, flash CWM and flash SuperSU through CWM (you can find the flashable zip on the chainfire.eu). Or you could wait for an exploit to come.

Sent from my XT925
Last edited by saloums7; 5th February 2013 at 02:43 PM.
5th February 2013, 05:59 PM   |  #15  
Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 45
 
173 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saloums7

If you have the XT925 RAZR HD and don't want to downgrade, for now you have to unlock your BL, flash CWM and flash SuperSU through CWM (you can find the flashable zip on the chainfire.eu). Or you could wait for an exploit to come.

Sent from my XT925

And we're back to this: is it actually possible to downgrade a XT925 with Matt's tool ?????
5th February 2013, 06:37 PM   |  #16  
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 41
 
246 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Re: [Q] Rooting without downgrade if you have Jelly Bean
I downgraded straight with RSD... but my BL is unlocked don't know if it makes a difference

Sent from my XT925
6th February 2013, 05:46 AM   |  #17  
GoClifGo05's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 365
 
1,521 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Re: [Q] Rooting without downgrade if you have Jelly Bean
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoinCoin88

And we're back to this: is it actually possible to downgrade a XT925 with Matt's tool ?????

No. Matt's tool is intended for the XT926 only.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
6th February 2013, 09:02 PM   |  #18  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by esok44

You maybe have unlocked the Bootloader, but that does not necessary means, you are rooted.

First think on which Firmware is you XT926, is it on 4.0.4 or is it on 4.1.2

If you are on 4.0.4, read this Thread.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1943851

If you are on 4.1.2 and your bootloader really is unlocked, read this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2118483

If you are on 4.1.2 and your phone is VERIZON xt926 and your bootloader is locked:
Try Matts Tool to downgrade. Then do the first step i mentioned

Next time please inform yourself about the things you want to do. This should be the first thing. If you dont know the difference between an unlocked bootloader and root access, you should propably not try to mess with these kind of things.

Maybe Motorola Service Workers aren't the right people to ask about stuff like that...

But well hope i helped you out of the dark, greetz Esok

Thanks for the links, I'll try it. I tried to get information about what I'm doing from the manufacturer. You can see where that has gotten me. I have tried others too. It is a simple thing to share & part with knowledge. I still haven't gotten anybody to set me straight on any differences between unlocked boot & root. So, this is my attempt at informing myself.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by esok44

First think on which Firmware is you XT926, is it on 4.0.4 or is it on 4.1.2
But well hope i helped you out of the dark, greetz Esok

Mine is 4.1.1, as usual I have fallen between the cracks!
6th February 2013, 09:06 PM   |  #19  
esok44's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
301 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabeth407

Thanks for the links, I'll try it. I tried to get information about what I'm doing from the manufacturer. You can see where that has gotten me. I have tried others too. It is a simple thing to share & part with knowledge. I still haven't gotten anybody to set me straight on any differences between unlocked boot & root. So, this is my attempt at informing myself.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------



Mine is 4.1.1, as usual I have fallen between the cracks!

Well, then try the method, using matts tool to downgrade and then using the normal 4.0.4 method to root

Should be the easiest method

before downgrading, make sure that you save all relevant things, like pictures, etc on your external sd-card, they will get lost with the downgrade, i think

Good luck Esok
6th February 2013, 09:09 PM   |  #20  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by esok44

You maybe have unlocked the Bootloader, but that does not necessary means, you are rooted.
Next time please inform yourself about the things you want to do. This should be the first thing. If you dont know the difference between an unlocked bootloader and root access, you should propably not try to mess with these kind of things.

Maybe Motorola Service Workers aren't the right people to ask about stuff like that...

But well hope i helped you out of the dark, greetz Esok

Hey man, I'm not totally useless. I know the bootloader is unlocked. I did manage to get that far. Give me a break, I'm used to my tandy 1000, cassette tape deck, b&w tv. Nice simple basic languages. Ha, ha, ha.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
jelly bean, root
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in RAZR HD Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank