Micromax A116 Canvas HD: Discussions & All Things Thread

Search This thread

deepesh.tickoo

Mar 15, 2011
New Delhi
Hey Devs, i am new here. And i tried 3 Custom ROMs for CHD, which are

1. MIUI http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2266609
2. Color OS http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2653005
3. LewaOs v5.1, (Mate this is the one posted by you. Please help me, @blackbeard, couldn't post on the thread cause of having less than 10 post) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2609933

And from above three ROMs MIUI worked perfectly. But on Color OS and Lewa OS, i was facing same problem and it was the screen blinking continuously beginning from the setup wizard after flashing ROM :( Please help me guys, i am so frustrated because of this, tried many times still the blinking was there. Please respond asap. Thank You! :)
First flash 4.2.1 latest veraion for A116i and then install the recwovery, root and ROM

Reactions: krushed18

krushed18

Oct 21, 2013
Jaipur
xdaforums.com
First flash 4.2.1 latest veraion for A116i and then install the recwovery, root and ROM

Actually Mine is A116, and i rooted my phone and installed custom ROM but i forgot to note down stock ROM's code. And as you know there are various versions of the A116's Stock ROM. And as you said i tried many Stock ROMs of A116 few of which worked and few showed the same screen blinking problem. You are a senior member of this forum, so please mate help me identify the version which my phone supports. Or is there anyway to find the version with which my phone came?

deepesh.tickoo

Mar 15, 2011
New Delhi
Actually Mine is A116, and i rooted my phone and installed custom ROM but i forgot to note down stock ROM's code. And as you know there are various versions of the A116's Stock ROM. And as you said i tried many Stock ROMs of A116 few of which worked and few showed the same screen blinking problem. You are a senior member of this forum, so please mate help me identify the version which my phone supports. Or is there anyway to find the version with which my phone came?
just install the latest one for A116i, it will work and stop the screen flickering too.

EDIT: Here is the link to the thread for stable 4.2.1 A116i ROM by cmahendra.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2596218

In the downloads section (pic below) choose the 3rd one. Follow the tutorial to flash with SP Flash tool and after that contact me through PM.
emajarav.jpg

EDIT2: You can fin the Stock ROM version just under the battery inside the phone itslef! But thats pretty useless as many newer ans more stable versions have been released and spread here at XDA.

Last edited:
Reactions: krushed18

krushed18

Oct 21, 2013
Jaipur
xdaforums.com
just install the latest one for A116i, it will work and stop the screen flickering too.

EDIT: Here is the link to the thread for stable 4.2.1 A116i ROM by cmahendra.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2596218

In the downloads section (pic below) choose the 3rd one. Follow the tutorial to flash with SP Flash tool and after that contact me through PM.
emajarav.jpg

EDIT2: You can fin the Stock ROM version just under the battery inside the phone itslef! But thats pretty useless as many newer ans more stable versions have been released and spread here at XDA.

Okay. Will notify you as soon as I test it. Thanks for your assistance mate :)

Last edited:

Varun25

Jan 10, 2015
Phone crashing

i have an 18 month old MMX A116 unrooted stock rom... SInce two weeks i have not been able to use my phone almost AT ALL! SInce one day suddenly messages started popping tht google play services has stopped working, acore, media, vending has stopped working and theres no option other than taking battery out & switching it on afterwards... but on starting the same process starts over again... i'm frustrated for 2 weeks over this.. i had rooted my phone and was using the same rom for 3 months when this started.. i unrooted thinking it was rom problem but turned out it wasnt.. i tried everything: clearing cache of google apps and processes, signing out and back in in google account, to no avail.. and since today phone has started switching off on locking...some one please help..

Last edited:

rajinmattada

Aug 30, 2014
cochin
i have an 18 month old MMX A116 unrooted stock rom... SInce two weeks i have not been able to use my phone almost AT ALL! SInce one day suddenly messages started popping tht google play services has stopped working, acore, media, vending has stopped working and theres no option other than taking battery out & switching it on afterwards... but on starting the same process starts over again... i'm frustrated for 2 weeks over this.. i had rooted my phone and was using the same rom for 3 months when this started.. i unrooted thinking it was rom problem but turned out it wasnt.. i tried everything: clearing cache of google apps and processes, signing out and back in in google account, to no avail.. and since today phone has started switching off on locking...some one please help..

try reflashing your stock rom .. :)

r89.jain

Mar 23, 2015
Unable to access phone storage after updating to custom ROM

After rooting and updating to a custom ROM, Apps are getting installed on Internal SD card instead of phone storage.
I am unable to access the phone storage directly.Only once i connect to a computer using USB, I am able to access the phone storage option.

Please help

Mar 14, 2015
micromax canvas hd A116

Plzz help me, after every 2 or 3 hour, i got a popup msg saying micromax registration with a deduction of 1 re from my account balance. It says me thanx for buying new headset. My phone is micromax chd A116. Plz guyz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooting guide for Micromax A116:
    Download Micromax A116 Stock ROM: http://www.d-h.st/GYE
    Replace Recovery.img with clockworkmod recovery image file
    Flash the image via Flash Tools.
    Boot into cwm
    Flash the su app and su bin using cwm
    Reboot

Mod: Swap your Internal and External sd Card to install sd data of games in external SD card[/URL]
    Download the modified vold.fstab for A116 and replace it with the one present at /system/etc.

MediaTek had announced the launch of its MT6589 Quad Core chip a few weeks back.
    Note: Seems like the Micromax A116 rooting guide I had published quite a long time back has gone viral. Let me tell you, it is *NOT working*. The bin4ry method is not working on this phone. I had posted that guide by asking a friend, who got hold of the device pre-maturely, if the bin4ry method worked. He replied yes, but it seems like he was dumb. The guide has been copied by various blogs like theinternetbuzzer, techenclave, this xda thread, letusbetechy.blogspot.com etc. You don't need to try these unless you have a lot of spare time. Subscribe to this thread to stay updated.
    And since then, we had been waiting for any manufacturer to put that chip into some use.
    Who is better than Micromax in putting MediaTek chips into use? So, the news is: Micromax has launched the successor to the Micromax Canvas 2, and a third one in the canvas series.
    Pic:
    428274_201552419988580_2077759717_n.jpg

I won't go listing down all the detailed specs here. GSMarena is better at doing that, right? To remind you, Micromax Canvas 2 is the most popular phone ever in GSMarena's database (which does have a long history, I guess.) Micromax has reached the standards no other Indian company has ever reached in the cellphone business.

Micromax A116 Specs Review + 3D Demo

If you don't know even the most basic specs, the device has a 1.2 GHz Quad Core MT6589 processor, a 720p 5" screen with 294 ppi density and 1 GB ram. Every other spec almost coincides with A110.

For those who don't know me, I am the guy behind the A90S and A110 threads, and helped unite the users of those phones. My mod for Micromax A110 which swapped internal sdcard with the external sdcard (and thus allowed users to store games' sd data into the relatively larger external sdcard) swa Micromax releasing an official update to the stock rom. The update had the swapping done already (along with repartitioning of the internal storage.)

The A110 thread received over 300k hits and over 3.5k replies. That's why, despite being a locally sold device, we saw many custom ROM's themes and other mods coming out for that device. I hope that the same thing happens with the Micromax A116 too. So, if you are thinking to buy or have bought the A116, drop by on this thread, and leave your feedback about the phone.

Disclaimer: Using anything given below can potentially harm your device. Rooting and flashing third party stuff will void your warranty, which may or may not be restored on unrooting.

Availability: Book online from Snapdeal (Coming soon, at the time of writing)

Rooting and Stuff:
    The phone can be rooted using this rooting guide. (Coming real soon) Update: Available below!
    Clockworkmod Recovery: Not compiled yet, will be available once someone is able to extract stock recovery from the device (and that will happen only when the device is available)

Stock ROM:
    Stock ROM is available here. Google for Micromax's ftp username and password as I don't want to popularize it which otherwise may lead MMX to change the password.
    The stock ROM is available here too. Thanks to mujahidali.

Custom ROMs:
    None Yet!

Themes
    None Yet!

Recoveries
    Stock Recovery: Present in stock ROM zip
    Custom Recovery: http://www.db.tt/ro6whPBD

If you appreciate the hours I spent in starting this thread and the days in maintaining the OP, press the thanks button. If there's something you feel that should be present in the OP, pm me. I'm listening. I shall try to keep this thread and OP maintained for as long as I can.
    Stock ROM uploaded on Dev Host !!!

Here is the Stock ROM link...uploaded on dev host.
    Download Stock A116 ROM

@Droidiser: Please add it to the first Post
    www.letusbetechy.blogspot.com/2013/02/swap-internal-and-external-storage-on.html?m=1
    try this out maybe it will help you.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

If the swapping is working then post a screen shot for proof and please try heavy games to check if it laggs or not ..
    May i know which sd card you are using...?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.
    Here are the screenshots for you.
    I just edited the Void.fstab file and changed the "sdcard0" --> "sdcard1" and vice versa.
    It's that simple.

Both my cards are formatted to FAT32.
    Heavy games GTA-III, NFS MW etc... are working perfectly fine.

No lag at all whatsoever.
    I have also attached my vold.fstab file as it looks now after swapping.
    Guys here comes most awaited cwm and root for A116. Pls test and report :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2167621
    Accelometer Calibration for A116

Hi,

I was facing some problem with the accelometer on my MMX Canvas HD.
    Games such as Highway Rider, Temple Run (those based on G-Sensor) were giving trouble.
    I looked everywhere for calibrating the G-Sensor, but the apps like Spirit Level calibrated only the app data and not the Phone.

Finally, I came across the below post for G-Sensor Calibration and it worked like a charm.
    Thought I should share this with all of you.
    It is working 100% Tested by me.

All credits go to Anand http://www.livefyre.com/profile/10493900/

TO ALL THOSE WITH AUTO ROTATION PROBLEMS.. IT IS ACTUALLY THAT THE SENSORS IN THE PHONE ARE NOT CALIBRATED PROPERLY WHICH SAMSUNG DOES BEFORE SELLING THEIR PHONE WHEREAS MICROMAX WAS IN HURRY TO SELL THE PHONE TO FORGOT TO CALIBRATE THE PHONE'S SENSORS. IT IS VERY EASY AND YOU CAN DO IT BY FOLLOWING THE STEPS--

In case of Micromax A116 Calibration issue follow the steps.

Switch off the phone.Press the 3 keys together : (up and down volume key) and power key together.The user would get Two options “recovery mode and factory mode” Press the volume down key to enter to the factory mode.Now using volume down key scroll down and select the item test option by pressing the setting key.Scroll down and select the g-sensor calibration option.Now put down the phone such that its body is on the plain surface of table and the back camera is not touching the surface i.e. Back camera side is outside the plain surface.[THIS IS BECAUSE THE CAMERA IS COMING OUTSIDE THE BACKSIDE OF THE PHONE SO IT HAS TO BE KEPT FLAT AND THE LENS SHOULD BE OUTSIDE THE TABLE SURFACE AS THE PHONE SHOULD BE COMPLETELY HORIZONTAL WHILE CALIBRATING] After that press the settings key. Do not touch the phone while calibration is going on.When calibration is done it will show you the message on the screen as calibration done.Once it is done move back and scroll down to choose the reboot option, to reboot the phone.

The original post where I found it

http://fyre.it/1JJI

Edit:
    Received Official Communication from MMX as well.
    Kudos to them for communicating it.
    Facepalm to those who are spreading Negative publicity.

22_02_2013_12_14_04.png

And the Official Demo from MMX
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uO4DU_3NbU