XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.2.2] Slim Bean - N7100 [Build v8.0][+WEEKLIES]

Tip us?

jcrompton
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weetbix View Post
I've got a problem with the camera ... in that I have no camera. If I try to open it I get a box pop up saying "Camera error - Can't connect to the camera".

Coming from Omega V11 (where my camera worked) I did a full wipe (factory reset, wipe cache/dalvik cache and formatted system) and installed the N7100 device file and the inverted gapps package. I reinstalled a bunch of apps with Titanium Backup, and have since rebooted several times and run fix permissions in the recovery (TWRP v2.3.3.2). Still on the stock kernel.

Any thoughts what the problem might be? If need be I guess I can always start again from scratch and see if the camera works as soon as it boots for the first time.

Also - the OP thanks simone201 in the credits for helping quite a bit. As the kernel is a slimbean kernel, does this by any chance mean that the kernel would be modelled on simone201's neak kernel? I'm curious as when the slimbean started compiling their own kernels, on the I9000 they had the source for Stratosk's excellent Semaphore kernel and compiled that. If I remember correctly that is - don't shoot me if I am wrong. I started trying the neak kernel out on Omega v11 only 24 hours ago and it was giving me smoother performance than perseus, which was in turn giving me smoother performance than stock. I'd be happy if neak was the base for the slimbean kernel
Which version of this ROM did you install ? There were some camera connection issues on prior versions but I have not had that on the later version.

See one of the posts above but I would suggest using the Slim_Gapps and not one of the other Gapps, like you suggested you did.

As for the kernel - the OP will have to answer for sure but I pretty sure that the "stock" kernel is not a Neak based kernel. Certainly uNeak app doesn't recognize it as such. I have installed the Neak kernel to allow for some additional volume control - my headset and speaker were to quiet.
Galaxy Note 2

Thanks to all the Developers!
The Following User Says Thank You to jcrompton For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Weetbix
Old
(Last edited by Weetbix; 25th January 2013 at 04:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrompton View Post
Which version of this ROM did you install ? There were some camera connection issues on prior versions but I have not had that on the later version.
The version linked in the 2nd post - Slim Bean UNOFFICIAL RC 1.1 Build 01/24 - 0857

[QUOTE]See one of the posts above but I would suggest using the Slim_Gapps and not one of the other Gapps, like you suggested you did./QUOTE]

By "inverted apps package" I meant The_real_dark_SLIM_gapps.zip that can be found here at slimroms.net. In the past this was always an officially acceptable substitute for Slim_gapps.zip ... I guess I just assumed it would be on this version as well.

If I end up by going back and installing again from scratch I will try the non-inverted version.

EDIT: I did go back and reinstall from scratch with the non-inverted g-apps. Tried the camera immediatelyafter the google account setup, and got the same error. Logcat attached...
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat_0.txt - [Click for QR Code] (6.0 KB, 22 views)

aamitabh28
Old
(Last edited by aamitabh28; 25th January 2013 at 02:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 233
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1] Slim Bean - N7100 [UNOFFICIAL - RC 1.1][<95MB!]

This rom us absolutely fantasgic... So clean.. Soo customisable.. Absolutely a treat and everything works flawlessely too!
Thanks dev!
Stylus gestures are not working for me though
Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
IF I AM OF HELP PRESS THANKS!

Nexus 5 : Cataclysm Rom and Franco Kernel
HTC One : ViperOne Rom and Elemantalx kernel
Nexus 7 : AOSP Kangs By DJ with Latest Franco/Faux Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to aamitabh28 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Weetbix
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamitabh28 View Post
Stylus gestures are not working for me though
Have you tried holding the stylus button down as you do the gesture? They work for me doing that...

blorro
Old
Thanks Meter 84
[QUOTE=Weetbix;37149729]The version linked in the 2nd post - Slim Bean UNOFFICIAL RC 1.1 Build 01/24 - 0857

Quote:
See one of the posts above but I would suggest using the Slim_Gapps and not one of the other Gapps, like you suggested you did./QUOTE]

By "inverted apps package" I meant The_real_dark_SLIM_gapps.zip that can be found here at slimroms.net. In the past this was always an officially acceptable substitute for Slim_gapps.zip ... I guess I just assumed it would be on this version as well.

If I end up by going back and installing again from scratch I will try the non-inverted version.

EDIT: I did go back and reinstall from scratch with the non-inverted g-apps. Tried the camera immediatelyafter the google account setup, and got the same error. Logcat attached...
I Got working camera with identical setup .
Bit laggish when taking pictures and so forth.
Could this be related to camera firmware version issue ?
Anyways, I think there will be a new build posted today, maybe that can resolve issue.

mnazim
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6229
Quote:
I did go back and reinstall from scratch with the non-inverted g-apps. Tried the camera immediatelyafter the google account setup, and got the same error. Logcat attached...
I am looking into the Camera issues.. Should be sorted out in the next release...

Quote:
Also - the OP thanks simone201 in the credits for helping quite a bit. As the kernel is a slimbean kernel, does this by any chance mean that the kernel would be modelled on simone201's neak kernel?
NEAK kernel was first chosen to be included into this ROM but had issues being compiled internally with the ROM. I tried working with simone201 to get it compiled but it needed too much hacking to get it inline. You can always flash his kernel after the ROM.

PS: Freedom of Choice.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mnazim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GoldenLucifer
Old
(Last edited by GoldenLucifer; 25th January 2013 at 03:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Same for me, camera is not working, and i have two suggestions:
1. Using stock browser from PA 2.99 its super cool with those pie like controls in full screen browser mode
2. Including pie controls if thats possible, having everthing working on the rom with beautiful pie controls would make this rom perfect.

Infinite96
Old
Thanks Meter 1898
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLucifer View Post
Same for me, camera is not working, and i have two suggestions:
1. Using stock browser from PA 2.99 its super cool with those pie like controls in full screen browser mode
2. Including pie controls if thats possible, having everthing working on the rom with beautiful pie controls would make this rom perfect.
If he include the PIE control into SlimBean =) That would increase the ROM Size if I'm not wrong :P [Correct me if I'm wrong] ..
So he probably wont =) Maybe ? :P But who knows :P
Everyone knew about the awesomeness of the PA nowadays :P
Lets see ... =)

GoldenLucifer
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite96 View Post
If he include the PIE control into SlimBean =) That would increase the ROM Size if I'm not wrong :P [Correct me if I'm wrong] ..
So he probably wont =) Maybe ? :P But who knows :P
Everyone knew about the awesomeness of the PA nowadays :P
Lets see ... =)
Sacrificing a little space for PIE controls is a no brainer, PA 2.99 is unusable for me with this ridicolous sms bug. But still PA is a top Rom in my opinion. Even with this sms bug i used PA for about a weak holding myself from switching to slim. Fixing camera and including Pie is a something that would make slimrom best rom for note2 with the PA equal on the first place. Slim is still top 2 rom, i need camera fix asap cuz i wamna install everything and use it like a boss

kryptoner
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Pie feature can also be obtained using one launcher, kml launcher or something, dont remmeber exact name, just do a xda search, with that pie feature can be used with slim roms

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kryptoner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
4.2.1, aosp, fast, light, slim bean