USSD Codes for 4.2.1

Search This thread

o193746285

Sep 18, 2012
Austin
Because of the recent news of making it illegal to unlock phones I tried to use the *#simlock# code to check to see if my phone (T999) was unlocked. I keep getting the "Connection problem or invalid MMI code" so I tried a bunch of other codes which also didn't work. Is this because I'm running 4.2.1 (AOSP)? I remember when I had 4.0.4 USSD codes worked normally.

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Because of the recent news of making it illegal to unlock phones I tried to use the *#simlock# code to check to see if my phone (T999) was unlocked. I keep getting the "Connection problem or invalid MMI code" so I tried a bunch of other codes which also didn't work. Is this because I'm running 4.2.1 (AOSP)? I remember when I had 4.0.4 USSD codes worked normally.

you need to be stock to unlock your phone, the codes dont work on aosp.

o193746285

Sep 18, 2012
Austin
I did the sim unlock on my phone a few months ago when it was just stock rooted, I'm not entirely sure if it worked then. Would that still apply now and is the only way to check is with a different carrier's sim?

DsturbD

Feb 27, 2012
Kannapolis, NC
I did the sim unlock on my phone a few months ago when it was just stock rooted, I'm not entirely sure if it worked then. Would that still apply now and is the only way to check is with a different carrier's sim?

from what i understand, yes. when you unlock the sim there is nothing that says "it's unlocked!" so yeah you have to use an AT&T sim and see if you can make a call

and it sticks after a flash, it's not rom dependent, you just have to be stock to unlock it, then you can flash whatever you want