Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which is better
mp9engine 0 0%
mp9enginex 3 100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

[Updated] Persano's KFHD 7", KFHD 8.9" And KF 2 Tweaks

Tip us?

persano
Old
(Last edited by persano; 25th January 2013 at 09:20 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by prokennexusa View Post
Geekybiker,

Yes, persano designed this around the Kindle Fire HD 7" and is not intended to be used on the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" - due to several differences I would not recommend using this on the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" and the Kindle Fire 2.

This is a nice upgrade for the Kindle Fire HD 7". We will have modified build.prop for the others in our Kindle Fire First Aide. This feature will be available in about 2 - 3 months along with performance scripts designed for the Kindle Fire family of tablets.
build.prop yes, but i will extract my tweaks and more so you can use it for kinlde fire hd 8.9 and kindle fire 2 too.init.d scripts work for all devices!!!! (but mp9engine was modified by me, you can do it too. i do some in the middle of perfomance and battery but you can change it for more battery or perfomance) i use them in my motorola spice, it dont have gpu so is slow but with my tweaks i do my best and work good.

need a tester that can modific all the values in mp9engine (very easy) to get the best in 8.9. because i cant see if it is fast or drain less battery because i dont have a 8.9

MShock
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default problems

I'm having some trouble following the directions. I can't seem to get the script to run and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do that first or move the int.d install files in place and then run the script?

Persano, I really appreciate your work and this sounds like it has great benifits but it would be nice if maybe the instructions were a easier to follow for begginers like me.

Maybe someone that has completed this succesfully could walk me through the directions.

Thanks

Hollaback12786
Old
(Last edited by Hollaback12786; 26th January 2013 at 04:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Default Re: Persano's KFHD Tweaks

What if i already have init.d support via the pimp my rom app? Awesome app btw

Edit: Here's a link if you've never seen it before https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...de.pimp.my.rom

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
The Following User Says Thank You to Hollaback12786 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

meddle70
Old
Thanks Meter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MShock View Post
I'm having some trouble following the directions. I can't seem to get the script to run and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do that first or move the int.d install files in place and then run the script?

Persano, I really appreciate your work and this sounds like it has great benifits but it would be nice if maybe the instructions were a easier to follow for begginers like me.

Maybe someone that has completed this succesfully could walk me through the directions.

Thanks
Have to agree I usually don't struggle with stuff like this but I'm pretty confused on how to do it as well. Maybe a video tutorial?

Sent from my KFTT using XDA Premium HD app

lacoursiere18
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3664

DONATE TO ME

First download the script... I run mine through script manager. I set it as root/boot and then click run... It will automatically check everything for you. After it's done close it. Now do the next step by putting the files in, recovery.sh and Run parts. Then download the tweaks for your version. Unzip them and put them in there selected areas. Change the permissions on the build props and init.d and NOT.. DO NOT SET THE PERMISSION ON THE M9 FOLDER! I Double check everything and then reboot. Ryuinfierno has an app on his original page that checks if you have init.d support you can download to make sure. Reply if have any problems

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

persano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 245

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoursiere18 View Post
First download the script... I run mine through script manager. I set it as root/boot and then click run... It will automatically check everything for you. After it's done close it. Now do the next step by putting the files in, recovery.sh and Run parts. Then download the tweaks for your version. Unzip them and put them in there selected areas. Change the permissions on the build props and init.d and NOT.. DO NOT SET THE PERMISSION ON THE M9 FOLDER! I Double check everything and then reboot. Ryuinfierno has an app on his original page that checks if you have init.d support you can download to make sure. Reply if have any problems

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app
Thanks to explain it better for people who dont understand

Sent From My Super Modded KFHD

Help a Good Cause http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2666458 Help us releasing the kernel

persano
Old
(Last edited by persano; 26th January 2013 at 12:22 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollaback12786 View Post
What if i already have init.d support via the pimp my rom app? Awesome app btw

Edit: Here's a link if you've never seen it before https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...de.pimp.my.rom

Other alternative but, i got bootloop with that app, for enabling init.d only is good but for tweaks not much

Help a Good Cause http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2666458 Help us releasing the kernel

lacoursiere18
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3664

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by persano View Post
Other alternative but, i got bootloop with that app, for enabling init.d only is good but for tweaks not much

hmm..interesting. I didn't have a problem with it, but every Kindle is different I and other people are finding out.

Hollaback12786
Old
Thanks Meter 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by persano View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoursiere18 View Post
hmm..interesting. I didn't have a problem with it, but every Kindle is different I and other people are finding out.
Glad i never bootlooped lol dont have a factory cable ive only tried a few tweaks, on my evo 3d i tried them all one day lmao dont remember what happened

lacoursiere18
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3664

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollaback12786 View Post
Glad i never bootlooped lol dont have a factory cable ive only tried a few tweaks, on my evo 3d i tried them all one day lmao dont remember what happened

If you ever do need they are really really easy to make..