XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MoKo Ultra Slim

Tip us?

JPW1
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvie View Post
In general, when metal hits glass, the metal scratches.
Thanks! Have you witnessed this yourself while using the Moku? I'm still unclear whether the Moku metal tab actually does so with this case.

Ken401
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPW1 View Post
2 quick questions:

1. The moku's metal tab looks like it might actually touch the screen when the cover is closed. If that is the case isn't there potential to scratch the glass? I'm worried it might do so in a backpack where it could get very compressed.
I have one of the generic ones with a metal tab similar to moku. The tab comes very close to touching, and I would not take a chance with it in a backpack with books, etc. I probably would not use it all without a screen protector just in case.

JPW1
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken401 View Post
I have one of the generic ones with a metal tab similar to moku. The tab comes very close to touching, and I would not take a chance with it in a backpack with books, etc. I probably would not use it all without a screen protector just in case.
Thanks Ken. Bummer. I can see where mine might get compressed quite a bit so it probably isn't worth the risk. I'll search for another case. Thanks again.

Ken401
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Thanks Ken. Bummer. I can see where mine might get compressed quite a bit so it probably isn't worth the risk. I'll search for another case. Thanks again.
I have the Poetic Hardback also. I really like that one and the price was reasonable.

kelvie
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Thanks! Have you witnessed this yourself while using the Moku? I'm still unclear whether the Moku metal tab actually does so with this case.
Sorry, you must have misunderstood. Glass scratches metal, not the other way around. Don't worry about it.

Ken401
Old
Thanks Meter 16
FWIW, glass is commonly cut by first scoring it with a metal tool.

Cmorris8848
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I have had my MoKo for about a week now. I have carried it in my book bag, and I have had no scratches come from it. It looks like it touches in the pictures, but the plastic form the cover on the back keeps the metal tab from coming into contact with the tablet. The tablet is also held tightly enough for it not to fall out. It actually takes some force to remove the tablet form the case, but the case isn't tight enough to make you worry about the screen lift as mentioned with the Poetic Slimline. I have some pictures that I'll post some time later, that you might like to see. I got the indigo case, which is pretty much navy blue.

lKBZl
Old
Thanks Meter 121
I sent them an e-mail, since I saw someone with the same case than mine (the moko), but his looked like better. The answer I got is the following one:

"Ok, we will ship the final version to you and you may keep the current case.

It looks you got one of the sample case too and not sure how it was
mixed into our inventory.

Thanks, Jim"

Just saying so you guys know the tech support is great and fast

Cmorris8848
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
And your's only has MoKo on the metal tab and not on the cover, right? I got mine, and it only has MoKo on the metal tab and not the actual cover.

tysj
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Now I'm confused as to what the case is supposed to look like. Are there any significant design differences other than the location of the Moko logo?
Google Nexus 5
Google Nexus 7