Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,312 Members 38,909 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MoKo Ultra Slim

Tip us?

Ken401
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormeriPhoney View Post
Exactly my fear. I knew that would happen
Me too. Putting metal that close to glass just seems risky.

FormeriPhoney
Old
Thanks Meter 771
Default Re: MoKo Ultra Slim

I removed mine and coated it in plasti-dip

TheKaz
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
I removed mine and coated it in plasti-dip
Looks like the company suggests using their new primer on metal before coating with plasti-dip. Did you do that? or is that just a gimmick?

jonstrong
Old
Thanks Meter 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKaz View Post
Looks like the company suggests using their new primer on metal before coating with plasti-dip. Did you do that? or is that just a gimmick?
I won't speak for the poster describing use of plasti-dip, but if they recommend a primer, it's probably more than just a gimmick. Plastic dip finishes like this can be great -- but if not properly adhered, they can separate and peel off in a short time, even if the initial coating appears sound. A good primer can improve the "mating" of the surface to be coated and the new finish.
LG G2 (VzW vs980)
Innovate

FormeriPhoney
Old
Thanks Meter 771

It's bull****. Yes it will help adhere, but ive been using the spray for a long long time.

I have applied it over chrome with no issues.
The trick is to just speckle on the first coat and let it dry for 15 minutes. You can't put heavy coats on.. It never dries right. 4-5 light coats is the way to go
The Following User Says Thank You to FormeriPhoney For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheKaz
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
It's bull****. Yes it will help adhere, but ive been using the spray for a long long time.

I have applied it over chrome with no issues.
The trick is to just speckle on the first coat and let it dry for 15 minutes. You can't put heavy coats on.. It never dries right. 4-5 light coats is the way to go
cool. so you don't use spray then..?

What's the best place to pick some up? Lowe's and Home Depot are marked as "special order" on their website... lots of colors available?

FormeriPhoney
Old
Thanks Meter 771

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKaz View Post
cool. so you don't use spray then..?

What's the best place to pick some up? Lowe's and Home Depot are marked as "special order" on their website... lots of colors available?
I've always picked it up at home Depot. Not many choices in colors. Black, red, green, blue pretty much.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

jwill370
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've had this had this case for about a week and like it so far. It fits well and doesn't seem to tight. As a stand the folded cover is very stable. Using it with the Nexus on resting on my knees and a bluetooth keyboard on my lap while I type this. I put a piece of clear packing tape over the metal tab on the inside of the cover so that metal can not directly contact the glass. To early to tell how well the case will hold up. I'm considering adding a couple of velcro strips to the back of the case and cover to hold the cover in place when it's folded under the tablet.

Reckless187
Old
Thanks Meter 101
I cut a hole in my Moko copy case so I can plug in the Magnetic Pogo cable...googd thing it was a cheap copy lol!

scorpio.4
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi!
I have a poetic slimcase and everytime i remove it the rubber on the corners goes away. Anyone can say if this case has the same problem?