FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][ODIN] SPH-L710 MK5 (MK5 Modem/Kernel/Bootloader/ROM - Full Restore - Unrooted)

3,734 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,795

By rwilco12, Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / AndroidFileHost Rep on 18th May 2014, 08:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
First, a HUGE thanks goes @garwynn for helping run the site and building all these one-clicks! Second, thanks to @jdsingle76 for posting the original TAR this was based off of, available here.

This Odin One-Click.exe contains the Stock MK5 Bootloader, Kernel, Modem and ROM for the Boost/Virgin Samsung Galaxy S3 (SPH-L710RWBBST). Yes, that means this comes with the full Knox Bootloader.

There has been no change to the ROM from the initial build released by Samsung.

This will NOT trigger the Yellow Triangle NOR will it increment the Odin flash count.

This one-click resets your whole phone to the stock MK5 experience, similar to a factory restore and it will wipe all data. It also contains the full bootloader and Knox.

Instructions:
1: Backup anything important and Disable any PINs.
During this process your phone's software will be returned to the Stock setup. All system data will be lost. To be safe, it is best to archive your backup off your phone, ie on your PC or Dropbox.

2: Install Samsung USB/Android drivers (if necessary).
Samsung Drivers Download Link

3: Download the MK5 Stock ROM One-Click.
SPH-L710RWBBST_MK5_Full Restore_UNROOTED (Compressed Archive).exe (Resets user data)

4: Unzip One-Click ROM using 7zip (this package is a self-extracting exe you should just be able to double-click on it after download and it will do the rest).

5: Start the Odin One-Click.
Navigate to the location where the SPH-L710RWBBST_MK5_Full Restore_UNROOTED.exe was saved upon extract from the 7Zip archive.
Double-click on SPH-L710RWBBST_MK5_Full Restore_UNROOTED.exe. *On Vista or newer, you may need to right-click on the file and Run as Administrator.

6: Place phone in Download Mode.
- Power phone completely off.
- Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons, all at the same time.
- Release the buttons only when the ‘Warning!!’ message appears.
- Press [Volume Up] to enter Download mode.

7: Connect USB cable to PC and phone.
Odin should show a yellow COM port in the second column. If you do not see a yellow COM port, you may need to run the Odin One-Click as Administrator and/or unplug/plugin the USB cable after starting Odin One-Click.

8: Start Odin flash process.
Press [Start].

9: Complete - PASS!
Status should change to green PASS! At this point your phone should automatically reboot.

Android Instructions:
Download and install ZArchiver on your phone. Use it to unpack the Odin One-Click 7zip self-extracting exe file (long press on the 7zip exe. Select "Open As Archive". Select the One-Click.exe and then select Extract). Use Mobile Odin to Open File the SPH-L710RWBBST_MK5_Full Restore_UNROOTED.exe. FYI - Modem will not flash with Mobile Odin.

The boot process will take slightly longer than usual during which time you'll see the Boost/Virgin 4G logo screen.

Congratulations! You've flashed the Factory Restore MK5 build!

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][ODIN] SPH-L710 MK5 (MK5 Modem/Kernel/Bootloader/ROM - Full Restore - Unrooted), ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
rwilco12
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean

Version Information

Created 2015-02-10
Last Updated 2015-02-10
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rwilco12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

19th May 2014, 12:07 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Android 4.2.2 or android 4.3???

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th May 2014, 12:32 AM |#4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 37,562

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allrockedout

Android 4.2.2 or android 4.3???

There was no 4.2 for this device

The Following User Says Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 12:41 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan

There was no 4.2 for this device

Soon I hope

19th May 2014, 01:10 AM |#6  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 37,562

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allrockedout

Soon I hope

What?

The Following User Says Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 08:01 PM |#7  
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 2,951

More
Good stuff man...glad to see you back to work I know this goes without saying, but if anyone on Sprint/Boost/VM has already flashed the ND8 4.4.2 update, they CAN NOT flash this one-click, since that would be downgrading bootloaders, which equals BRICK!!! Great work man...thanks for this, and all that you do.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdsingle76 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jdsingle76 Ad-Free
28th May 2015, 12:22 AM |#8  
Flag Fremont, CA
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Tried to flash it but not working. Do you have the file without the exe?
29th May 2015, 12:41 AM |#9  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 873

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenz4rt

Tried to flash it but not working. Do you have the file without the exe?

Are you flashing in Odin? And do not use this if you have updated to nd8 or newer.
29th May 2015, 03:43 AM |#10  
Flag Fremont, CA
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Help with roaming problem!
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbat99

Are you flashing in Odin? And do not use this if you have updated to nd8 or newer.

I flashed Stock Rom NJ2 since I lost my MEID and restore it back but since then I have not able to flash other Stock Rom.
The reason I'm trying other stock roms because my phone is always roaming. I would like to try with other modems.

I tried to flash modem but my baseband became unknown.
I think my phone also have other problems, see links

drive.google.com/file/d/0B3-WwSJDVKREYy1wMXlza1N6bkU/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0B3-WwSJDVKREUzJHNWY4WjdiUVE/view?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you could help or know any threads that could help me or I should make a new thread.

Thank You!!

---------- Post added at 03:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

Quote:

I flashed Stock Rom NJ2 since I lost my MEID and restore it back but since then I have not able to flash other Stock Rom.
The reason I'm trying other stock roms because my phone is always roaming. I would like to try with other modems.

Please let me know if you could help or know any threads that could help me or I should make a new thread.

Thank You!!

Opps!! Yes I flash with Odin. Tried 3.07 and 1.85
29th May 2015, 04:17 AM |#11  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 873

More
Quote:

Thank You!!

---------- Post added at 03:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

Opps!! Yes I flash with Odin. Tried 3.07 and 1.85

If you already flashed nj2 tar, with bootloader and all, this will hard brick your phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)