FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][MK5][STOCK][ODEXED/DEODEXED]- Virgin Mobile/Boost Mobile

2,832 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,951

By jdsingle76, Senior Member on 28th November 2013, 04:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Alright folks, we're up and running. Just as the title says, this is the MK5 Boost/Virgin Mobile 4.3 update in flashable zip. Stock, zipaligned, basic. More to come in the future, but this should be enough to keep you busy for awhile. Enjoy!

PLEASE READ I've made a few changes to the wording of the OP, based on my own personal observations from running this build. This ROM is unrooted, even though it has the su and busybox "guts" in the build. Future builds will have all this cleaned up. In the meantime, when flashing, you must flash the SuperSU Update listed in the flashing instructions to regain root. Simple, I know Just thought I'd let you know! Enjoy.

Google, Samsung, XDA – For obvious reasons
Dsixda – For the Kitchen
@CNexus – Because frankly this couldn’t have been done without your help.
@Chainfire – SuperSU and everything else you do and continue to do. You’re a magician.
@Mr. Struck - for testing deodexed for me.
@TheBritton - For his help getting this shared around the other forums.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for whatever you do with your phone. Please flash at your own risk!

Download Links:

Stock Odexed

Stock Deodexed

Quote:

Flashing Instructions:
Note: Chances are you will have problems with root upon reboot. So to save yourself the headache, I would suggest downloading and flashing the SuperSU update from the get go.
If you don’t, and it works on its own, please let me know. But if you just flash it when you flash everything else you should be golden!

1. Update your recovery to latest TWRP, CWM, Philz, whatever you are using. I used Philz, found here:Link
2. Download ROM to phone
3. Download wifi fix from here(Thanks @CNexus): Link
4. Download SuperSU Update(See note!!): Link
5. Download Knox APP remover: Link This is Knox APP Remover, and WILL NOT REMOVE KNOX FROM THE BOOTLOADER! IT WAS NEVER INSTALLED!
6. Reboot to recovery, wipe cache/dalvik
7. Flash rom, wifi fix, SuperSU update, then knox APPS remover.
8. If you haven’t done so already, and you're having problems with data, I highly suggest flashing the MK5 modem(Thanks @CNexus): Link
9. Reboot, profit

Issues:This is an early run, so I’m sure there might be hiccups. You tell me!

ATTENTION!!!. THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE 4.3 FIRMWARE. AKA THE KNOX BOOTLOADER! SO HAVE NO FEAR OF FLASHING THIS BECAUSE OF KNOX!!!
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to jdsingle76 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jdsingle76 Ad-Free

28th November 2013, 03:00 PM |#2  
Flag DeWitt
Thanks Meter: 785

More
So awesome !!! Thank You for putting this together - Is this deodexed also ?
The Following User Says Thank You to remotehugger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift remotehugger Ad-Free
28th November 2013, 05:18 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nashville, TN

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by remotehugger

So awesome !!! Thank You for putting this together - Is this deodexed also ?

No not yet...more to come with all that!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jdsingle76 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jdsingle76 Ad-Free
29th November 2013, 12:04 AM |#4  
Flag Amarillo, Texas
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Nice work!!

Is it possible to enable wireless tethering? Since updating to MK5 all wireless tether apps I've tried have failed. I'm not sure where to look to get them going again.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
29th November 2013, 12:37 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nashville, TN

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by britton1981

Nice work!!

Is it possible to enable wireless tethering? Since updating to LK5 all wireless tether apps I've tried have failed. I'm not sure where to look to get them going again.

I know@CNexus has a hotspot mod over at the MK3 build. That should work on this one as well. That what you are referring to?

29th November 2013, 03:09 AM |#6  
Flag Amarillo, Texas
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsingle76

I know@CNexus has a hotspot mod over at the MK3 build. That should work on this one as well. That what you are referring to?

Thanks!
I've seen that mod but didn't know if it was safe to flash on the virgin mobile build. Does that mod enable native tethering? I believe it's something in the MK5 kernel blocking tethering. I've tried all root apps like wireless tether, barnacle, etc all versions, betas, experimental to no avail.

29th November 2013, 03:51 AM |#7  
Flag diego
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thank you kind sir. Happy Thanksgiving!
30th November 2013, 12:06 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Can I Flash a Sprint Galaxy S3 to Virgin Mobile?
Want to activate a Sprint Galaxy S3 on Virgin Mobile. Is this possible? Can I just flash a Virgin mobile Rom?
30th November 2013, 01:38 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nashville, TN

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enahsak

Want to activate a Sprint Galaxy S3 on Virgin Mobile. Is this possible? Can I just flash a Virgin mobile Rom?

Lol, no. Unfortunately it's not that simple. If you flash this, you'll have a Sprint phone with a VM/Boost rom. There are tutorials on here on how to flash from one carrier to another however.

1st December 2013, 01:30 AM |#10  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I am having issues with root....I have tried all the other superuser apps...I jabe tried other superuser update zip and update fixer apps...I get a no root error on apps....i can not get root access for anything including titanium... any suggestions?
1st December 2013, 01:50 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nashville, TN

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtMacabre

I am having issues with root....I have tried all the other superuser apps...I jabe tried other superuser update zip and update fixer apps...I get a no root error on apps....i can not get root access for anything including titanium... any suggestions?

Use philz cwm as your recovery and flash the super su update zip in the op. I couldn't get root back with reg.cwm.

The Following User Says Thank You to jdsingle76 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jdsingle76 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.3, boost, mk5, update, virgin mobile

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)