Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,420 Members 37,372 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.2.2] RootBox Non-development | Discussion | Support [d2att/2tmo/d2vzw/d2spr]

Tip us?

haveagr8day
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1] RootBox Non-development | Discussion | Support [d2att/2tmo/d2vzw]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDerron View Post
These are my settings for settings app but it won't change :/

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Here are my working ones for settings. Have you managed to get any of your apps to change?
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1359133224465.jpg
Views:	1164
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	1675677

haveagr8day
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1] RootBox Non-development | Discussion | Support [d2att/2tmo/d2vzw]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDerron View Post
nvm, its working now! Thanks

Ok, great.

CrusherJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Since we've been given a discussion/support thread, I thought I would re-post this here, in the hopes of finding an answer. I added some details/notes on what I've tried so far as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajee11 View Post
Tablet UI

[image of TabletUI removed so as not to be "that guy"]

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

OK, I'll bite. I've been fiddling around with the Per-App settings on SystemUI and I can't for the life of me get my i747 to display TabletUI. I can get Chrome and Email (the Exchange client) into tablet mode just fine, but I really want the main screen in TabletUI.

I've force stopped SystemUI and even rebooted after every settings change, and while I can see the DPI/resolution changes take effect, the checkbox in the Tablet seems to have no effect whatsoever.

I updated to the 20130125 nightly, which added a setting for "UI Mode" under ROM Control\General UI, which is meant for Navbar control. If I put that in TabletUI, the status bar disappears from the top of the screen and notifications appear at the bottom of the screen (albeit of a very not-right resolution/DPI) but the rest of the status bar is nowhere to be found. I've tried various DPI settings from 140 - 300, and both of the higher-end screen sizes. I've also changed DPI/resolution/Tablet checkbox on my launchers, both Trebuchet and Apex (I normally use Apex but tested with Trebuchet in case that was necessary).

I've managed to get the Exchange/Email client into tablet mode and tweaked to perfection, as well as settings and a couple of other apps...but for some reason SystemUI (or whatever controls the home screen/main interface) frustrates my every attempt to get that damned status bar at the bottom of the screen. It's enough to make a man want to flash back to PA...if PA were 4.2.1 and as cool as RB.

Can someone please share with me the method, settings, etc. necessary to make this happen?

Thanks in advance, y'all...

CrackerTeg
Old
Thanks Meter 1,035

DONATE TO ME
There's one other thing I noticed. My bluetooth will randomly shut off while connected to my car which also means I have to reboot to reconnect. Its not often but it does it enough to be annoying. Anyone else notice this?
Currently working on a new project for Hammerhead, Flo and a few other devices. Threads will be up soon!

Sometimes it takes something being Broken, for it to work right...

"Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jezza

DigitalUnderground
Old
Thanks Meter 2,279

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerTeg View Post
There's one other thing I noticed. My bluetooth will randomly shut off while connected to my car which also means I have to reboot to reconnect. Its not often but it does it enough to be annoying. Anyone else notice this?
BT is bugged on all 4.2.1 ROMs

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

CrackerTeg
Old
Thanks Meter 1,035

DONATE TO ME

The a2dp is. I'm not streaming. This is for my hands free. Didn't happen on previous builds. Only noticed on latest nightly.
Currently working on a new project for Hammerhead, Flo and a few other devices. Threads will be up soon!

Sometimes it takes something being Broken, for it to work right...

"Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jezza
The Following User Says Thank You to CrackerTeg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

teejaymarx
Old
Thanks Meter 290
Just wondering.

I'm thinking about trying this.

Who prefers this over Task's AOKP, and what are your reasons?

Thanks,
Tee Jay
The Following User Says Thank You to teejaymarx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DigitalUnderground
Old
Thanks Meter 2,279

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejaymarx View Post
Just wondering.

I'm thinking about trying this.

Who prefers this over Task's AOKP, and what are your reasons?

Thanks,
Tee Jay
Why not just try it? No need to compare in a thread... Its rude to the developers. Just back up and flash. If u don't like it, restore

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DigitalUnderground For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jonhy25
Old
Thanks Meter 27

Nice post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919V 16GB
Carrier: Videotron
Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP)
Android: 4.4.2
Rom: Google Play Edition from Danvdh
Kernel: KTweaker from Ktoonsez
Modem: M919VVLUFNB5
Launcher: Nova Prime

Thanks to ktoonsez, CyanogenMod, Danvdh, Faux123, Chainfire and Dees_Troy for their excellent work

teejaymarx
Old
Thanks Meter 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyS3Guy View Post
Why not just try it? No need to compare in a thread... Its rude to the developers. Just back up and flash. If u don't like it, restore

I am going to try it. Just trying to get opinions. And Dev's shouldn't take offense, any typical won't, when people compare (pros and cons) ROMS. But thanks anyways.

Some people like some ROMs more than others, and I just wanted to see how people feel about his one, over the other AOKP ROM that is available.

The Following User Says Thank You to teejaymarx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
4.2.1, aokp, d2att, rootbox, support