Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,091 Members 52,648 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.2.2] RootBox Non-development | Discussion | Support [d2att/2tmo/d2vzw/d2spr]

Tip us?

javamaniac
Old
(Last edited by javamaniac; 5th February 2013 at 09:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1] RootBox Non-development | Discussion | Support [d2att/2tmo/d2vzw]

I flashed the update around 4 hours ago without wiping data/facoty reset.

I flashed ROM & GAPPS, then wiped cache and wiped dalvik cache.

Everything seems to be working fine for me on 0205 nightly.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

wally3614
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4,019

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1] RootBox Non-development | Discussion | Support [d2att/2tmo/d2vzw]

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamaniac View Post
I flashed the update around 4 hours ago without wiping data/facoty reset.

I flashed ROM & GAPPS, then wiped cache and wiped dalvik cache.

Everything seems to be working fine for me.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
Yeah it is really strange that both after 2.1 acted up for me. Great ROM though for sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

xxsicknessxx
Old
(Last edited by xxsicknessxx; 5th February 2013 at 09:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally3614 View Post
Flashed Newest update, rebooted after fresh install top to bottom, had a hard time with touch screen working. Like the voice button in the keyboard, selecting folders would take several touches. I had a slight experience like this on the 2.2 update so I restored to 2.1 ran perfect. Today like i said i flashed newest, lack of touch response was unlike anything in 5years of flashing, i got out and went to recovery to start procedures to restore, and every single thing on my extsd was gone, nothing on my internal was touched, the entire extsd card show 30gigs available when i had 12avail. it is really hard to say they are not related, I understand trwp threads, i am going there next, but Bajee have you ever seen this before? I honestly dont know if it could narrowly, possibly relate...hey its the risk of playing around with root access I know. I have my sd on my laptop in recovery finding everything right now so nothing was permanently deleted just obviously formatted somehow. could be coincidentally trwp farted at the same time...thanks bro...
__________________________________________________ _________________________________
For the above person and anyone having issues like
*Missing downloads / updates
*Missing storage space/ memory missing
*Missing apps/ Duplicate apps
*Misc random new problems you didn't have before the update to 4.2 please read on!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
First Before 4.2 Sd card = system/data folder ... After 4.2 Now Sd card = systemdata/0 Folder
Just Go to your system/Data folder and either move anything in there you want to keep out or delete everything except for the system/data/0 folder which contains your internal SD CARD and all your information
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________
To explain when you updated to 4.2 everything from the old internal sdcard location was moving from system/data to system./data/0 Im not going to explain why but the point is that sometimes stuff gets left behind. My data folder had 6gigs of stuff I didn't even know about!! Causing me tons of problems like the above person's post
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________
Things to really take a look at. ---
---system/data/ Goomanager folder or
---CWM folder or
---TWRP folder

Correct me if im wrong but you don't need to keep anything in system/data except for your 0 folder.

Alright if need any more info PM me thanks
Note for anyone if you have data/0/0 folder or data/0/0/0 folder you got problems do a search and update your recovery because you got issues. later
Samsung Galaxy S III - I747(rooted)
Rom - Rootbox (nightlys)
Recovery -TWRP

[APP] Rom/Recovery Flashing from phone -------> MobilODIN<--
[Driver|FIX] for the Hardware ID ERROR? Samsung Drivers <--- [don't update]
[TOOL ]Get 32 / 64bit windows ADB--------> Android Comander <--
http://mcsearcher.files.wordpress.co...tightjeans.gif

mrnovanova
Old
Thanks Meter 193

Same here 0205 was buggy I restored 0202.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium HD app

xxsicknessxx
Old
(Last edited by xxsicknessxx; 5th February 2013 at 09:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 85
Also to note I had 0 issues with the new update after cleaning out my data folder *shrug* and I am messy sometimes with my phone so if if mine works perfect :P im telling ya check your data folders. Unless your lucky and don't got problems nm ignore me

Also I just updated it no flash or anything. Been doing it for last 5 updates with 0 problems... except for profile settings which im told is not a rootbox issue....
Samsung Galaxy S III - I747(rooted)
Rom - Rootbox (nightlys)
Recovery -TWRP

[APP] Rom/Recovery Flashing from phone -------> MobilODIN<--
[Driver|FIX] for the Hardware ID ERROR? Samsung Drivers <--- [don't update]
[TOOL ]Get 32 / 64bit windows ADB--------> Android Comander <--
http://mcsearcher.files.wordpress.co...tightjeans.gif

Oleschuldad
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally3614 View Post
Flashed Newest update, rebooted after fresh install top to bottom, had a hard time with touch screen working. Like the voice button in the keyboard, selecting folders would take several touches. I had a slight experience like this on the 2.2 update so I restored to 2.1 ran perfect. Today like i said i flashed newest, lack of touch response was unlike anything in 5years of flashing, i got out and went to recovery to start procedures to restore, and every single thing on my extsd was gone, nothing on my internal was touched, the entire extsd card show 30gigs available when i had 12avail. it is really hard to say they are not related, I understand trwp threads, i am going there next, but Bajee have you ever seen this before? I honestly dont know if it could narrowly, possibly relate...hey its the risk of playing around with root access I know. I have my sd on my laptop in recovery finding everything right now so nothing was permanently deleted just obviously formatted somehow. could be coincidentally trwp farted at the same time...thanks bro...
I had similar experience when flashing 020213 nightly. Slow response to touches, phone was almost unusable. I tried reflashing the previous nightly and it did the same thing. I eventually had to do a clean install instead of dirty flashing and the 020213 update installed successfully. Only thing I seem to have problems with now is bluetooth locking up or freezing and sometimes crashing the phone. Usually it happens when turning BT on and off ..it gets stuck saying "Turning Bluetooth off" but never does until I reboot....

DigitalUnderground
Old
Thanks Meter 2,287

Man good thing the official release 3.6 is working great for me... Seems to be sketchy in the last few builds

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to DigitalUnderground For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KIRA-isJUSTICE
Old
Thanks Meter 25

VERIZON GALAXY S3

LOVING THIS ROM!! Question!
Is there anyway to swap the SD cards at boot?
I have tried writing scripts, but notice the storages as such

Internal - mnt/storage/emulated/0
Internal - mnt/storage/emulated/legacy
SD Card - mnt/storage/sdcard1

Also I have noticed that there is no dev/block/179:97 unlike the other "merge" ROMs..

Has anyone been able to swap the sds with a script? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my DeathSCYTHE..

I'll see you in hell.. where the devil knows my name...

haveagr8day
Old
Thanks Meter 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleschuldad View Post
I had similar experience when flashing 020213 nightly. Slow response to touches, phone was almost unusable. I tried reflashing the previous nightly and it did the same thing. I eventually had to do a clean install instead of dirty flashing and the 020213 update installed successfully. Only thing I seem to have problems with now is bluetooth locking up or freezing and sometimes crashing the phone. Usually it happens when turning BT on and off ..it gets stuck saying "Turning Bluetooth off" but never does until I reboot....
Try force stopping bluetooth share from settings - - > apps and it should get bluetooth to finish turning off without needing to reboot.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

xxsicknessxx
Old
(Last edited by xxsicknessxx; 6th February 2013 at 02:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRA-isJUSTICE View Post
VERIZON GALAXY S3

LOVING THIS ROM!! Question!
Is there anyway to swap the SD cards at boot?
Has anyone been able to swap the sds with a script? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my DeathSCYTHE..
[][]
Here is a easy [GUIDE] its called "
How to swap the internal and external SD cards
" (For the S3) Links in blue follow my arrows

[] [] [] []

------->
Click Here <--------
[]
[] [] [] []
[]( ALWAYS Nandroid before Attempting a Fix like this!! you've been Warned!!.[]
--- Click "THANKS" If I Helped!!!!---