[ROM][4.2.2] RootBox Non-development | Discussion | Support [d2att/2tmo/d2vzw/d2spr]

OP bajee11

18th February 2013, 05:55 PM   |  #731  
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,128

1,958 posts
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.2] RootBox Non-development | Discussion | Support [d2att/2tmo/d2vzw]
Bug I noticed today when using music and head phones (not blue tooth) when the song changes the volumes automatically gets ridiculously loud
18th February 2013, 06:02 PM   |  #732  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 14,957

4,404 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverendingxsin

Bug I noticed today when using music and head phones (not blue tooth) when the song changes the volumes automatically gets ridiculously loud

Confirmed bug. Will look into it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bajee11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 06:45 PM   |  #733  
Thanks Meter: 85

686 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N3RO2403

ok i flashed the update from Goomanager and now my phone wont completely boot up all it says over and over "unfortunately, the gapps has stopped" and the setup wizard has stopped, and i cant boot into recovery or odin mode

First off get a app like rom toolbox or rebooter or gapps something that lets you boot into recovery.... 2nd Try fixing permisons you can do this from lots of apps I use rom manager scripter or busy box installer has a script for it or nandroid manager has a script for it (take pick) or use TWRP to do it....

You can get into reocvery bro and if you can't you can get into download trust me don't freak. Also if reocvery is messed up just download Gmanager or go to this thread and grab one and reinstall it..

If fix persmisons doesn't work relfash like person said and reflash gapps 2012 don't flash the funny zip someone posted above I wouldn't trust someone else zip of gapps... just the offical ones please... you be fine... I update all time with 0 problems and I just follow the directions in the OP

**** goes good when you follow directions and pay atention also write this down in a text file and save it to HD.
Unplug the USB cable.
Shut down the phone.
Hold down the 'HOME' + 'VOLUME UP' buttons and press the 'POWER' button for about 5 seconds to enter Recovery Mode.

[edit]Download Mode
(eg: for Odin)

Unplug the USB cable.
Shut down the phone.
Hold down the 'HOME' + 'VOLUME DOWN' buttons and press the 'POWER' button for about 2 seconds until a WARNING! Screen appears. Press the 'VOLUME UP' button to enter Download Mode.
To get out of Download Mode, simply press and hold the power button until the phone restarts
__________________________________________________ __________

Dev you must know that we can choose to just update using incremental updates right? with goomanager. Do you support this feature and if so do we follow the OP and flash gapps after it (the point of it is to only update what we need) So I wonder if we don't need gapps for that reason because its not a normal flash...

Also do you support the gapps someone posted above that are not 2012 g apps but 2012 gaps edited wiht extra new gapps...? I assume not that you only support what is in the OP..

also last but not least could you give me a heads up do you think profile settings unlock keyguard might be a issue you might look into fixing (could be a easy fix) I Know it worked on jellybam perfectly and if that guy could manage it I would figure it be a easy fix for you man. You got much more skill lol then that guy lol... I ask because its a serious feature I use a lot I mean I spend tons time on comptuer at home *sad* when im not working and I hate using wifi unlock because its just a battery drainer sucks when thats only thing I need it for and doesn't work as well as profile settings, plus I love profil settings... thanks man I try not ask stuff like that but im really curious
18th February 2013, 07:09 PM   |  #734  
Flag Goose Creek
Thanks Meter: 15

82 posts
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.2] RootBox Non-development | Discussion | Support [d2att/2tmo/d2vzw]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsicknessxx

Are you on latest TWRP. Some advise. First pm me if you need some help with this. I had like 6 gigs missing and I found it in
data/media/ folder (old sd card location)
I Had tons of old backups, old downloads which I moved/ deleted The only thing I left was my 0 folder so now when you go to my data/media folder you see data/media/0 folder and nothing else

Thats what you need to do. Then you be like everyone else here. However if your stuck on getting back to the old format its more then possible,. Some guy did it on nexus forum or one forums here I got a link. But. I wouldn't bother. Sooner or later the smart guys will fix this 0 folder crap because its pointless for us. However were using stuff that isn't made for are phones so what do you expect.

Clean data/media out move everything to data/media/0 folder... and upgrade to TWRP newest or CWMtouch newest here is a link for that too. My dropbox ... newest recoverys are all there (all of them) and easy install you can use mobile odin.. which guess what I got a link for that to. *sigh* lots of links... you need anything else buddy? Got hardware id error? read my sig I can fix that too lol... k man if want PM me I promise help ya out it confusing untill you understand it then its simple... *shrug*

Upgrade recoverys ---------> Twrp, CWM, Cwm Touch
Get mobile Odin to install them ---------> Mobile odin

If get hardware id error get it here ------> Drivers

Hey for editing folders, moving files use this program android comander its ADB comands and its Windows GUI which means easy to use and it has lots of power. ANDROID COMANDER
if you need something else pm me (no link for that) haha

here sd card link on keeping old sd format /sdcard as you put it later bro -------> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1999214

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Great rom I updated using near gooap feature delta update. I didn't even flash gapps.. I asked but never got reply in time so I gave it a try and it updated only what needed to be updated and worked flawless. I would like ask is this how its made to work? I mean If use incrmental update flash option then i don't need gapps right? or do I?

Also do you support these Gapps that guy put together with sphere camerah and stuff? or do you only support the 2012 gapps I ask because I know we talked about using off market apps before.... soo curious your feelings Dev

Thank you very much

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
18th February 2013, 07:35 PM   |  #735  
Statesville
Thanks Meter: 12

143 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsicknessxx

First off get a app like rom toolbox or rebooter or gapps something that lets you boot into recovery.... 2nd Try fixing permisons you can do this from lots of apps I use rom manager scripter or busy box installer has a script for it or nandroid manager has a script for it (take pick) or use TWRP to do it....

You can get into reocvery bro and if you can't you can get into download trust me don't freak. Also if reocvery is messed up just download Gmanager or go to this thread and grab one and reinstall it..

If fix persmisons doesn't work relfash like person said and reflash gapps 2012 don't flash the funny zip someone posted above I wouldn't trust someone else zip of gapps... just the offical ones please... you be fine... I update all time with 0 problems and I just follow the directions in the OP

**** goes good when you follow directions and pay atention also write this down in a text file and save it to HD.
Unplug the USB cable.
Shut down the phone.
Hold down the 'HOME' + 'VOLUME UP' buttons and press the 'POWER' button for about 5 seconds to enter Recovery Mode.

[edit]Download Mode
(eg: for Odin)

Unplug the USB cable.
Shut down the phone.
Hold down the 'HOME' + 'VOLUME DOWN' buttons and press the 'POWER' button for about 2 seconds until a WARNING! Screen appears. Press the 'VOLUME UP' button to enter Download Mode.
To get out of Download Mode, simply press and hold the power button until the phone restarts
__________________________________________________ __________

Dev you must know that we can choose to just update using incremental updates right? with goomanager. Do you support this feature and if so do we follow the OP and flash gapps after it (the point of it is to only update what we need) So I wonder if we don't need gapps for that reason because its not a normal flash...

Also do you support the gapps someone posted above that are not 2012 g apps but 2012 gaps edited wiht extra new gapps...? I assume not that you only support what is in the OP..

also last but not least could you give me a heads up do you think profile settings unlock keyguard might be a issue you might look into fixing (could be a easy fix) I Know it worked on jellybam perfectly and if that guy could manage it I would figure it be a easy fix for you man. You got much more skill lol then that guy lol... I ask because its a serious feature I use a lot I mean I spend tons time on comptuer at home *sad* when im not working and I hate using wifi unlock because its just a battery drainer sucks when thats only thing I need it for and doesn't work as well as profile settings, plus I love profil settings... thanks man I try not ask stuff like that but im really curious

I ended up getting it into Odin mode and just flashing a stock image and starting over, im going to stop getting the updates from Goomanager, im going to try and flash the updated rom when my battery charges. thanks for your help man
18th February 2013, 10:36 PM   |  #736  
Thanks Meter: 145

1,087 posts
The op change log says the ability to use the volume buttons to change the cursor while typing. How do you do that? I've been looking for ever to find it out. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
18th February 2013, 10:44 PM   |  #737  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 14,957

4,404 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peecs121

The op change log says the ability to use the volume buttons to change the cursor while typing. How do you do that? I've been looking for ever to find it out. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

Language and Input
The Following User Says Thank You to bajee11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 11:54 PM   |  #738  
Thanks Meter: 127

418 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajee11

Confirmed bug. Will look into it.

Not sure of this helps, but it doesn't seem to happen with poweramp trial or Pandora, only happens with play music and Apollo.

19th February 2013, 12:20 AM   |  #739  
Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 221

1,782 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal226

Nope, this one:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2012857
It's for 4.2.2

So if u use the newest nightly use the newest Gapps, otherwise use the 20121212.

CHEERS

Sent from my GT-I9100 with RootBox

Thank you. Appreciate it!

19th February 2013, 12:55 AM   |  #740  
Flag Tacoma, Wa
Thanks Meter: 60

220 posts
More
Going into the camera by swiping left on the lockscreen seems to be working now. First time I did it the phone crashed and restarted. I swiped to it accidently a few min ago and worked fine. Tested it a couple more times to be sure

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.2.1, aokp, d2att, rootbox, support
Previous Thread Next Thread