[TUT]How to Create Partition in SDcard/MicroSD for Windows user
i wanna share to you guys how to make a partition in external sdcard/MicroSD for Windows user. Dunno if this already post in XDA, didn't do a research
just to remind, do this with your own risk!
now, what we need :
2. microsd/sdcard with capacity 2gb/4gb/8gb/16gb/32gb
3. microsd adapter or card reader.
4. Minitool Partition Wizard
there's another tool called gparted but this tut only use Minitool Partition
5. a ciggy and a cup of coffee
before we go through, don't do this while you're drunk, so sleepy or in hurry..
now, i assume that the minitool partition already installed on your pc/laptop and the sdcard is empty.
1. put your sdcard into adapter or card reader
2. open the minitool partition wizard software.(pic 1)
3. right click in sdcard (pic 2--i use 8Gb) and click delete. after that your sdcard will look like pic 2-1 as "unallocated" (becareful to choose the drive!!)
4. right click and click create (pic 3)
5. in create new partition choose "primary" (dont use logical) and change the "file system" to "Fat32".(pic 4 & pic 4-1)
6. in partition size you change to what you need. if you want to swap 1gb then change the "partition size" make your "unallocated space after" to 1024mb(pic 4-2).
(i dunno exactly the space that fit with but i use 1gb, if you dont know either you can ask to our dev or mr. pep) after that click ok
7. now you can see the 1gb seen as unallocated(pic 4-3)
8. right click and click create again at the unallocated(1gb) will be a warning that "the new created partition cannot b used in windows" click "yes" (pic 5)
9. now change the "logical" to "primary" (if you choose logical then your phone will probably got a black screen or black screen with battery icon+lock icon after you flash a new cusrom) (pic 6)
10. Change the NTFS to ext2/ext3/ext4 (if you want to install link2sd/s2e from market you can choose ext2 and/or ext4, for me i choose ext4 because i use s2e) and click ok. (pic 6-1)
now there are 3 operations pending in the left side (pic 6-2)
11. click "apply" and "yes". (pic 6-3)
12. now take your ciggy and drink your coffee and wait 1-2 minute untill the successfull pop up then click ok(pic 6-4). close minitool program.
- this ext* will not shown on windows, only on linux base OS.(you can see it on Windows by using some software, i.e : linux reader or raise data recovery, etc)
- use sdcard adapter/card reader
- if you wanna move your app just use link2sd or s2e free on market.
- in this tut i use ext4 just for example to you guys if you choose s2e, but it is not a must for you to choose ext4,.for faster read/write sd choose ext2(see post 2 by pep)
this is just a tutorial for those who dont know and dont understand how to make partition/swap and for those who dont want to swap the phone's internal<-->external. do this before go to Pristine Method
swap thing is too risky for class4 microsd,
credits to :
- minitool partition wizard (useful tools)
- mr. pep (this guide related to Pristine Method ) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2044861
- all Wonders
if this help just click the Thanks button if there's something i forgot to write or i'm wrong please correct me..