Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,632 Members 36,641 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ALPHA] Official Xperia T alpha JB SW from Sony

Tip us?

KalleD
Old
Sony Mobile Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 607
Default [ROM][ALPHA] Official Xperia T alpha JB SW from Sony

Hi all devs,
This thread is intended for developers who want to give feedback on the alpha JB ROM.
See full post on Developer World.

Today we are making an early alpha ROM of Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) available for Xperia™ T and the open source archives, as a way for us to get valuable feedback from the custom ROM community. Thanks to the great dialogue we have with open community developers, we see this as a valuable tool for us to get more input, and for the open developer community to get to try this alpha out hands-on. The ROM does not have the final UI upgrades that will be in the official release.

Please note that this ROM is strictly targeting advanced developers, and it will not work for ordinary everyday usage, as it only has a limited set of features working (you can for example not make any phone calls). Several more legal and usage conditions apply – please see the Important information section in the post for more details.

Important information
Since this is far from the final software upgrade roll out, there are a few requirements to pay close attention to before you download and install the ROM:
• You should be an advanced developer with extensive knowledge in how to install and switch between different ROMs. If you are a consumer without these developer skills, then we strongly recommend you not do try this as you may damage your phone.
• You must be using an unlocked Xperia™ T. It will not work on a locked Xperia™ T.
• You must unlock your phone using Sony’s Unlock boot loader service, and agree to all the legal and warranty conditions that apply. Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader of your phone. Sony can then no longer guarantee the full functionality of your phone, and will not be responsible for any unusable functions or loss of personal data associated to the alpha ROM being flashed to the phone.
• Also, if you unlock the boot loader, you will not be able to download and install the final Jelly Bean upgrade from Sony. For additional information about limitations and warranty restrictions, please see Sony's Unlock boot loader service.
• You should have read through and acknowledged the limitations of the software described below.

Only a limited number of features and functionalities are working and turned on in this alpha ROM.

These are some of the features that are turned off or not yet working in this alpha ROM:
• Google Mobile Services (GMS) apps are not included (for example, Gmail, Google Maps, etc.).
• Modem is turned off and the SIM card will therefore not be recognised (this also means you can’t make any phone calls).
• Bluetooth™ is turned off.
• Wi-Fi® is turned off.
• FM-radio is turned off.
• NFC is turned off.

How to install the Jelly Bean alpha ROM
To install the alpha ROM on Xperia™ T please connect your Xperia™ T to our Sony flash tool for unlocked devices and install the Jelly Bean alpha ROM. Check out the Sony flash tool page for more information on how to download, install and use this tool.

The Jelly Bean alpha ROM will be a clean flash, so make sure you do a proper back up of everything on your phone before you flash it. Please note that there is another software version available for Xperia™ T smartphones in the Sony flash tool for unlocked devices, as it is possible to flash Xperia™ T with an official Ice Cream Sandwich software versions well.
Developers, please let us know what you think!

One of our ambitions with this release is to get feedback from the great developers in the open community So if you flash this Jelly Bean alpha ROM and download the open source archives, please provide us with tech and developer feedback.

Hope to get your tech and dev feedback!
/Kalle
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to KalleD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jerpelea
Old
(Last edited by jerpelea; 25th January 2013 at 04:57 PM.)
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 37,043

DONATE TO ME
this is what we needed
proper libs to continue our work
thanks
J
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to jerpelea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bin4ry
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,726

DONATE TO ME
Very nice!

Reserved this post for my feedback which will come in 1 - 2 days after testing and playing with it

Regards
Bin4ry
Team FreeXperia

Xperia Stock ROM Collection for all devices: Click

EASY ROOT FOR MANY MANY ANDROID DEVICES
-----------------------------

If you want to buy me a beer, feel free and click here:

Thanks very much!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bin4ry For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DooMLoRD
Old
(Last edited by DooMLoRD; 27th January 2013 at 10:52 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 38,229
Patches by DooMLoRD

so guys here are a few patches to get things working on this build... unfortunately i am not at my dev machine and have a pathetically slow internet connection... so cant upload the whole package...

patch set posted in new thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2119289

cheers!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gregbradley
Old
(Last edited by gregbradley; 25th January 2013 at 04:12 PM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,871
Also reserved for feedback

Great work,

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jerdog
Old
Developer Committee / OEM Relations / XDA Portal Team - Harbinger of Doom
Thanks Meter 4,155
A nice general warning here - this is only to be used on unlocked phones via EMMA and is really only for developers not the consumer/end user. If you try and flash this on a locked phone your device will boot to a black screen and you will have to go back to the Sony Upgrade Tool to flash an official ICS software package.

Quote:
Notify your physician if after exposure to XDA n00bs you experience any of the following symptoms: rapid or irregular heartbeat, chest pain, shortness of breath, leg cramps, headache, nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, tremors, change in appetite, weight gain or loss, vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, heat intolerance, fever, changes in menstrual periods, hives or skin rash, or any other unusual medical event.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jerdog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jerdog
Old
Developer Committee / OEM Relations / XDA Portal Team - Harbinger of Doom
Thanks Meter 4,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Also reserved for feedback

I will link to the all in one (With warnings) when I get home.

Great work,
Actually, since this is just a preview and doesn't have important things working, don't link to it in the all-in-one. This is not for the end user at all, and in fact encouraging people to check this out can cause more issues than not.

Quote:
Notify your physician if after exposure to XDA n00bs you experience any of the following symptoms: rapid or irregular heartbeat, chest pain, shortness of breath, leg cramps, headache, nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, tremors, change in appetite, weight gain or loss, vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, heat intolerance, fever, changes in menstrual periods, hives or skin rash, or any other unusual medical event.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jerdog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tilal6991
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,517
Default Re: [ROM][ALPHA] Official Xperia T alpha JB SW from Sony

Wow. Nice - will test and this will be an awesome help for CM10 and CM10.1.
Please don't send me PMs asking for help/ETAs about any of my threads. I will not respond. I am much more interested in helping people posting in the relevant place.

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/tilal6991 or on G+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/110275089424166293093
My current device(s): Sony Xperia T
My retired device(s): Huawei Ideos (U8150-D), ZTE Skate

krabappel2548
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13,395

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][ALPHA] Official Xperia T alpha JB SW from Sony

If someone can post the rom it would be nice, I don't have a XT, I develop for XS, but love to try to port some things

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app
I'm back with development, but not superactive yet.

Consider donating to me if you like my work. this would help me buy future devices.

Devices I have:
- Xperia Z1

Current devices I develop for:
- Xperia Z1
- Xperia Z Ultra

What I did and do:
- Member of Team AC!D, developer of Xperia Z Revolution Rom, Xperia ZL Revolution rom, Xperia S Revolution rom, Xperia Carbon rom's with tweaked kernel, and more!

DooMLoRD
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 38,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by krabappel2548 View Post
If someone can post the rom it would be nice, I don't have a XT, I develop for XS, but love to try to port some things

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app
there are no SEMC apps in it to port