Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,355 Members 39,162 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!

Tip us?

...Awesome...
Old
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 7253

DONATE TO ME
Default ***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!

I have created this thread for all you SG-SIII Noobs & Senior Members!

The purpose of this thread is to limit the number of (sometimes useless) threads, that are created over a simple problem that can easily be solved by READING OR SEARCHING.

This is the Emergency thread!

*Did you run into a problem and need quick assistance?

*Do you have a question or concern about your SG-SIII device?

Don't panic just ask here and I or WE THE SG-SIII COMMUNITY will gladly help!

The Following User Says Thank You to ...Awesome... For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

...Awesome...
Old
Thanks Meter 7253

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: ***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!

In case of emergency!

ryanallaire
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Awesome... View Post
In case of emergency!
I dropped my s3 in some water and quickly grabbed it, and dried it off. Everything seemed to be working ok, but then i noticed that it's acting like i don't have my sd card in it when i do. My wifes card gets recognized right away when i put it in, so i think my sd card is no good. Any suggestions on how i can recover data from it?? Thanx

havy15
Old
Thanks Meter 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanallaire View Post
I dropped my s3 in some water and quickly grabbed it, and dried it off. Everything seemed to be working ok, but then i noticed that it's acting like i don't have my sd card in it when i do. My wifes card gets recognized right away when i put it in, so i think my sd card is no good. Any suggestions on how i can recover data from it?? Thanx
So your SD card doesn't read but hers does? And yeah then just get a new SD card go on a computer take your files off of it and put em back on the new SD card

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Sent from a Ice Cold Nexus

Devices:
HTC Thunderbolt-backup phone
ROM:LiquidSmooth
Kernel:Stock
Bootloader:Unlocked

Iphone 5-Dust collector

S3-
ROM: Beans 14
Kernel:KT747
Bootloader:Unlocked
SOLD!!!

tprophit
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Hi,
New to the S3 and this rom. Root, flash went well, and so far, I'm loving this rom. One problem that is stumping me is this:
Using ADW launcher, have a direct dial short cut to voice mail. The voice mail contact is set up to dial *86 ,,xxxx, so with one tap, I can call vm and access messages.
However, the keyboard then becomes non responsive. I can't delete or save messages, and if I have multiple messages, can't get to the next one.
Any suggestions on how to work around this appreciated.
I'm running the 3.2 beta version of LS, and really only have this, and one other minor issue.
Thank you.

Still haven't solved this, but here's more clarification:

Phone is running LiquidSmooth 4.2.1m v2.1m beta 3.2

1. Using a 'direct dial shortcut. the rom dialer has a contact set up named voicemail, that is programmed: *86;,,XXXX. When I hit the direct dial shortcut, voicemail is dialed, xxxx is sent, and I can hear my first voicemail. The problem is the dialpad is non responsive. So, I can't save or delete the first voicemail, nor can I proceed to listen to the next one.

If I dial *86, and enter the password manually, then the dial pad works.

Even if I dial any contact withGoDialer, then, open keyboard to dial and extension, I get the stock dialer.

I drive a lot, and need as few distractions as possible. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

...Awesome...
Old
Thanks Meter 7253

DONATE TO ME

Have u tried using a different launcher just to be sure its not hardware/ROM related it might be the launcher?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

droidxrooting
Old
(Last edited by droidxrooting; 29th January 2013 at 09:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 46
--------------If you like puzzle, tackle this---------------

I tried pretty much everything on the internet before posting here.

My stock/no root phone started bootlooping. So I used Odin and root66.tar to get it back. Everything seemed to be good. After I got 3 updates:1) 30mb, 2) 60mb and 3) JB updated OTA. After 60Mb update my phone said Samsung and shows unlocked lock. After JB update my phone bootloops again.

I though it it was a bad update and reflashed stock no root 4.0.4 and OTA did the same thing.

I tried the gs3 tool to flash the recovery and it always fails.

I would appreciate any help.... I have been dealing with this non sense for the past 24h.

tprophit
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Awesome... View Post
Have u tried using a different launcher just to be sure its not hardware/ROM related it might be the launcher?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
Yes. I've been using ADW launcher, tried it with Nova, got the exact same result.

LtZKilla
Old
Thanks Meter 0

Alright, I'll try here. So, I'm on cleanrom 5.6. As far as I can tell everything is working, and there aren't any actual problems, but the phone doesn't know what the network is in settings and and when I drag down the notification bar it doesn't say it at the bottom. Anyone have an idea?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

jwattt
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default MEID

does your cellular service connect? Also you are on verizon right? and did you do a dirty flash of cleanrom 5.6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtZKilla View Post
Alright, I'll try here. So, I'm on cleanrom 5.6. As far as I can tell everything is working, and there aren't any actual problems, but the phone doesn't know what the network is in settings and and when I drag down the notification bar it doesn't say it at the bottom. Anyone have an idea?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app