5,815,095 Members 38,263 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!

Tip us?

LtZKilla
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: ***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwattt View Post
does your cellular service connect? Also you are on verizon right? and did you do a dirty flash of cleanrom 5.6?
Yeah, my cell service connects and I can text and call. It just doesn't seem to have any idea that my carrier is verizon and it kinda seems odd.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Dabears2240
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am trying to install the stock systemui.apk file on my phone after I screwed up and flashed the wrong one, but installation always fails. I have moved the .apk to the /system/app folder and have changed the permission of the .apk but the file still won't install. What can I do?

jwattt
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default carrier

Since you carrier wont load I believe following this tutorial with help fix your problem but check the conditions. Im not allowed to post links apparently so I attached it. I'll also flash cleanrom 5.6 and find out if its a software thing and get back to you. But it seems to me like its a MEID issue. So check the conditions in the link and if they are true I'd go that way. If not re-flash, clean install would be my suggestion. Yeah I run Cynagenmod 10.1 and it even knows I'm on Verizon. And Scott's roms always have the carrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtZKilla View Post
Yeah, my cell service connects and I can text and call. It just doesn't seem to have any idea that my carrier is verizon and it kinda seems odd.

Attached Files
File Type: docx http.docx - [Click for QR Code] (12.4 KB, 3 views)

ryanallaire
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by havy15 View Post
So your SD card doesn't read but hers does? And yeah then just get a new SD card go on a computer take your files off of it and put em back on the new SD card

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
computer doesn't see the card at all..

CeeMillz
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Default Re: ***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!

I can't recall when I last had it working but my NFC completely stopped working. I have tried reverting back to absolute stock rooted nandroid. That didn't work so I Odin booted back to the original unrooted firmware. Still same problem. If I try to uncheck NFC from the more options it moves over and is immediately flipped back. I have gone into a Verizon wireless store to seek help but the guy made a sarcastic remark that his iPhone wouldn't have that problem...but I also as a few other notes I have tried hells ROM and also flashing the NFC file with the ROM which also didn't work and have tried the few NFC Google wallet fixes I have seen, also sadly no luck. I'm stubborn and don't want to give up if anyone knows if there is a possible fix, hope you can possibly help!

jwattt
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default replacement?

I think you may have a faulty chip. Also is your battery NFC capable? But to be honest Verizon will replace it for free if your under the 1 year warranty and don't have water damage or anything like that. Because if it doesn't work on the stock rom it's most likely a hardware problem in this case. So I would contact your carrier about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeMillz View Post
I can't recall when I last had it working but my NFC completely stopped working. I have tried reverting back to absolute stock rooted nandroid. That didn't work so I Odin booted back to the original unrooted firmware. Still same problem. If I try to uncheck NFC from the more options it moves over and is immediately flipped back. I have gone into a Verizon wireless store to seek help but the guy made a sarcastic remark that his iPhone wouldn't have that problem...but I also as a few other notes I have tried hells ROM and also flashing the NFC file with the ROM which also didn't work and have tried the few NFC Google wallet fixes I have seen, also sadly no luck. I'm stubborn and don't want to give up if anyone knows if there is a possible fix, hope you can possibly help!

CeeMillz
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I have the stock battery and when I did call Verizon the first time they wanted me to contact Samsung first then get back to them so I figured i'd bring it here. It had worked before so I was wondering if maybe it fried somehow? Phone has never been dropped, no water damage, watch because I said that i'll drop it in 5 minutes and shatter my screen I guess I'll just try Samsung tomorrow and see what they have to say.

jwattt
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default nfc

Actually I just thought of something else to try. Have you gone in and force quit nfc and cleared the app data? That may resolve the problem. Nfc will be under all apps and it is named nfc service.

Quote:
I have the stock battery and when I did call Verizon the first time they wanted me to contact Samsung first then get back to them so I figured i'd bring it here. It had worked before so I was wondering if maybe it fried somehow? Phone has never been dropped, no water damage, watch because I said that i'll drop it in 5 minutes and shatter my screen I guess I'll just try Samsung tomorrow and see what they have to say.
The Following User Says Thank You to jwattt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CeeMillz
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwattt View Post
Actually I just thought of something else to try. Have you gone in and force quit nfc and cleared the app data? That may resolve the problem. Nfc will be under all apps and it is named nfc service.
Good idea, just tried it and it didn't do anything. Also tried that, rebooted recovery, wiped dalvick and cache fixed permissions then tried again with no luck. =/

jwattt
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default nfc

Are you using a non stock kernel? Also when you went back to stock did you erase everything on the phone?
Quote:
Good idea, just tried it and it didn't do anything. Also tried that, rebooted recovery, wiped dalvick and cache fixed permissions then tried again with no luck. =/