Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!

OP ...Awesome...

30th January 2013, 03:52 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 10

54 posts
Re: ***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!
Humm from the msgs in this thread, no wonder that the msgs in the other threads cause such a rucus... I mean geez "my phone fell into water and now my memory card does not work"....i mean come on you surely could not have rooted/rommed your phone by your self.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
30th January 2013, 03:54 AM   |  #22  
OP Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 7,268

3,206 posts
Donate to Me
More
No if you are back to stock ORIGINAL and still have that problem its Hardware.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to ...Awesome... For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th January 2013, 10:35 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 2

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwattt

Since you carrier wont load I believe following this tutorial with help fix your problem but check the conditions. Im not allowed to post links apparently so I attached it. I'll also flash cleanrom 5.6 and find out if its a software thing and get back to you. But it seems to me like its a MEID issue. So check the conditions in the link and if they are true I'd go that way. If not re-flash, clean install would be my suggestion. Yeah I run Cynagenmod 10.1 and it even knows I'm on Verizon. And Scott's roms always have the carrier.

I reflashed and it still doesn't have the carrier. Here are some settings screenshots.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1359581704151.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	1690058   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1359581720291.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	1690059  
30th January 2013, 11:25 PM   |  #24  
Flag Tucson

60 posts
More
carrier problems
So I flashed the rom and I have verizon wireless under carrier information. So I think what happened is one of your carrier files got lost somewhere :/. The only way I know how to fix this is to go back to complete stock and then reroot/unlock bootloader/reinstall cleanrom. Note this will erase all of your data so back it up to your computer first if this is the route you decide to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtZKilla

I reflashed and it still doesn't have the carrier. Here are some settings screenshots.

30th January 2013, 11:35 PM   |  #25  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 4

67 posts
OK so I can't tell you exactly when it started happening since I don't really checc my voicemail unless I know its an important message but for some reason wen I try to call my Verizon voicemail all I get is a dial tone. If I call my number from my phone, all dial tone. I've been searching for 3weeks and can't find one ounce of information on this issue. Need immediate help please!! And I'm on illusions 1.1.25 rom which is 4.2 1 running the kt747 kernel if that matters. . thanks in advance

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
31st January 2013, 12:23 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 2

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwattt

So I flashed the rom and I have verizon wireless under carrier information. So I think what happened is one of your carrier files got lost somewhere :/. The only way I know how to fix this is to go back to complete stock and then reroot/unlock bootloader/reinstall cleanrom. Note this will erase all of your data so back it up to your computer first if this is the route you decide to go.

Ok. It doesn't bother me that much as long as i can still call and text and use data fine. Do the carrier files really affect anything besides that?

31st January 2013, 12:56 AM   |  #27  
Flag Tucson

60 posts
More
carrier files
Well that is the thing. It could effect your singnal or other things. However if your not experiencing any data drop out and such i would just say it lost the carrier identity. But since it seems to be acting normaly it appears to be fine. So if your not having a problem with any of this I would leave it the way it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtZKilla

Ok. It doesn't bother me that much as long as i can still call and text and use data fine. Do the carrier files really affect anything besides that?

31st January 2013, 01:23 AM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 118

390 posts
OK... I have my buddies att s3 and a black screen. And I have a black screen. He says he flashed a theme for Hus phone but doesn't remember which one. It seems to be hard bricked but the computer recognizes the phone and he said the charging light came on last night. I don't have a light or any response from phone. Just seeing if anyone has a solution before trying JTAG.

sent telepathically
31st January 2013, 02:34 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 52

273 posts
More
My phone won't turn on whatsoever, won't charge etc.. Happened when I plugged in a usb audio dac.. had the phone in fast charge mode so I think that killed it.. Any ideas? I ordered a motherboard off ebay last week but seems the person hasnt shipped it yet. Think verizon would cover it?
31st January 2013, 02:37 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
Ok so this is a weird one. I was running an old PA rom for a while and today I wanted something new, mainly because my pc would not pick up my phone when plugged it. I wiped and flashed the Illusion rom, no backup, and that went fine but I didn't really like the rom.
I wiped and went to flash the LiquidSmooth rom, with no back up once again, and i couldn't find the zip anywhere. I went to an old CM10 back up from September and used Airdroid to load up the LiquidSmooth rom in a different folder. I wiped and went to flash that which did nothing when I clicked install, but the Gapps installed correctly.
I did another restore to the old CM10 and tried the Pure Google AOSP 4.2 with the 4.2 Gapps and now I cannot log into my google account, or boot into recovery. I was always using the power menu of past roms and the holding volume and power keys doesnt work. I really can't do anything right now, what should I do?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread