Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DdcCabuslay

Feb 18, 2012
ddccabuslay.blogspot.ca
Re: [Ssshhh] INTERNAL DETAILS [Xperia 2013 lineup LEAKED]

Those are some beefed up specs. Sounds too good to be true.

Anything on a 6 inch Xperia?

Sent from my LT15a using xda-developers app

Ambroos

Aug 11, 2010
Dublin / Belgium
Everything I write is true. If you don't believe them, I won't try to make you believe them

6.44" Xperia is confirmed, uses the same Snapdragon 800 chipset and 3 GB of RAM as well.

Hahahahahaha. NO.

And that one is actually a very easy myth to debunk. All recent processors use dual-channel memory, and running 3GB in dual channel would require two 1,5GB RAM chips or whatever they use, and that is just not going to happen. RAM is pretty much always made in multiples of 2, so you go 128MB, 256MB, 512MB, 1024MB, 2048MB and then 4096MB and so on. The next amount of RAM in phones will be 4GB, and that won't be any time soon (in my opinion) since it is completely unnecessary for Android.

3GB could theoretically happen if they chose to go with a single channel setup, but that would just be an absolute waste of memory bandwidth, and I just can't see that happening.

So, since you got that wrong we can safely say this whole thread is pretty worthless in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: SevenD2

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Being a hardware engineer. I agree with Ambroos statement with regards to the RAM. In fact you don't have to be any hardware expert to know that. Just soom geeky person would know that.

Reactions: Ambroos

Ambroos

Aug 11, 2010
Dublin / Belgium
Being a hardware engineer. I agree with Ambroos statement with regards to the RAM. In fact you don't have to be any hardware expert to know that. Just soom geeky person would know that.

Thank you. Software developer here with a slightly above average knowledge of low-level CPU workings and operation. Coding in assembly ftw!

The 3GB RAM thing was also said about the Xperia Z, together with rumours about it having an Exynos SoC. Well, we all saw how that turned out :p

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Also I may add but I have been monitoring Sony since 2010 and by their movements I don't think these devices(if true) would come on the 2nd quarter...

Sony takes the word "flagship" seriously and they won't be overtaking a flagship phone in just a months time. Like the Xperia X10 and Xperia Arc S who reigned for almost a year... Same goes with Xperia S.

Plus looking at the reaction of the Iphone 5 owners I think it wouldn't be a good marketing strategy.

So based on my observations I think the next superior device would come by 4th quarter of the year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Everything I write is true. If you don't believe them, I won't try to make you believe them

6.44" Xperia is confirmed, uses the same Snapdragon 800 chipset and 3 GB of RAM as well.

Hahahahahaha. NO.

And that one is actually a very easy myth to debunk. All recent processors use dual-channel memory, and running 3GB in dual channel would require two 1,5GB RAM chips or whatever they use, and that is just not going to happen. RAM is pretty much always made in multiples of 2, so you go 128MB, 256MB, 512MB, 1024MB, 2048MB and then 4096MB and so on. The next amount of RAM in phones will be 4GB, and that won't be any time soon (in my opinion) since it is completely unnecessary for Android.

3GB could theoretically happen if they chose to go with a single channel setup, but that would just be an absolute waste of memory bandwidth, and I just can't see that happening.

So, since you got that wrong we can safely say this whole thread is pretty worthless in my opinion.