Charles Caleb Colton (1780 - 1832)
- CHINA LITE REMIX ZCLC2 v4.2.1 for S8500 by _KING_ (Hotfile.com)
- CHINA LITE REMIX ZCLC2 v4.2.1 for S8530 by _KING_ (Hotfile.com)
- LITE REMIX v4.2 BONUS PACKAGE S8500 (Hotfile.com)
- LITE REMIX v4.2 BONUS PACKAGE S8530 (Hotfile.com)
If you want Java apps in main menu check the MenuCFG folder (in extras) before full flashing!
Big thanks to Nexus and Hero355 for their great work that this is based on!
New stuff in China liteRemix XXLG1 v4.2/v4.2.1:
- Crash issues (hopefully) fixed for good.
- Additional patch to solve Market upgrade trouble included in main archive.
- Switched to Sofienne's 'Classic Style' quickpanel.
A customizable CFW:
The Lite Remix is the most customizable CFW available for the GT-S8500. Customizable means: easily customizable by you. Once you did the basic install of the Lite Remix, you may choose which apps are installed, which apps show up in the main menu, how much app memory you have free, which lockscreen (original or new) to use, boot animations, boot screens and much more - all this without losing any data and having to set up everthing anew. Although the Lite Remix is originally based on Hero355's and Nexus' work, it now has many unique features.
A 'lite' CFW:
Although this CFW is lite in every sense of the word, meaning only the absolutely basic, non memory wasting stuff is included in the base install, you're not actually missing on anything. You may have everything other CFWs have in this one, too, but at your own choice and pace. You may add and remove anything that you need at your own will, and on top of that I'm providing easy to follow instructions for you to do so. The goal of this CFW is to be lite and easy on RAM, so that even HD Games like Tintin work good on it, while still keeping functionality. It is also intended as a solid base for other CFW projects of your own.
Thanks go to...:
This is based on Nexus' ZCLB4, Hero355's Amazing Turko CFW v8 and Hero355s Fully Lite ZCLC2. I included only what I deemed the best features from both worlds and also did some heavy modifications of my own. Also, big thanks to B. Kubica, Cybekteam, Ho1od, Adfree and Greg.Stephens, who made some of the modifications possible.
Complete list of features in LiteRemix ZCLC2 v4:
- DBT, AUT and ATO configurations included in special german CSC.
- Icons compeletely reworked based on Turko CFW v8.1 (thanks, Hero355).
- Classic Bada 2.0 theme and icons included as alternative by default.
- Original lockscreen is now default, Wave 3 lockscreen is included in themes.
- Further Dolfin browser optimizations (thanks, PsyCoy and Hero355).
- Instructions included for basically everything.
- New RC2 boot image by Greg.Stephens.
- New PowerOnOff animation created by Greg.Stephens.
- New standard wallpaper and lockscreen background.
- New sound scheme based on WP 7.5 sounds.
- New classic style quickpanel (thanks go to Sofienne).
- New icons for Java apps and some others.
- ETC patches for enabling any key LCD on, reverting back to old scheme or preinstalling tones packages included.
- New extended bonus package with choosable PowerOnOff animations, boot images, ringtones, wallpapers, etc...
- Caster, Music Hub, SevenIM, Polaris, ChatON, GTalk, Yahoo, MSN provided as install files (bonus package).
- All widgets provided as install files (bonus package).
- Many other things (boot animations, wallpapers, sounds...) also included in the bonus package.
- You have 865MB of 881MB app memory free with optional apps uninstalled and alternative FFS used.
- Chinese and Korean input (optional).
- Any Key LCD off.
- Slim Festival wallpapers included (no visible quality loss).
- All Chinese apps and widgets are removed.
- Fully functional Social Hub Premium and Live Panel.
- Search tool pointing to Google.
- Choosable Java app main menu configurations (MenuCFG folder).
- Optional BadaDroid compatibility (see bonus package). Get the files and instructions from here. Made possible by BadaDroid team on XDA and Mike Gapinsky.
- Includes Hero355s improved FM radio. Listen to music without headphones plugged!
- Alarm doesn't stop after one minute.
- Low ringtone volume fixed.
- Camera supports portrait mode.
- Calculator uses radians instead of degrees.
- Wave 3 lockscreen from Nexus' XXLD2. Caller screen with touch controls.
- Remastered S3 startup sound.
- Google Maps, Opera, Facebook, Song ID, BlueFTP, DB Rail Navigator included and uninstallable.
- Applemint font is included and set as default.
- Drastically reduced fonts (original is ~18MB, here it is ~2MB). Asian symbols supported via special fonts manually installable from extras folder.
- Social Hub Premium activated.
- Homescreen and main menu rearranged to favor most used apps.
- USB access to hidden storage (no sTune needed).
- PDF, widgets, gadgets removed from Bada 1.2 storage by Hero355.
- All but needed ringtones and alert tones removed.
- Removed all Widgets from main installation.
- Removed Polaris, YouTube and Google from main installation.
- Removed duplicate apps in SHPAPP.
- Several configuration tweaks by Nexus and Hero355.
- Various bug fixes and under-the-hood improvements made by myself.
I included five different CSC files in this CFW:
CSC LANGUAGES AND PRECONFIGS ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ CSC_S8500_European_King_ChinaLK1.csc: o Languages: Only English o CSCs: ATO, AUT, DBT, IRD, ITV, KOR, MET, MOZ, ORC, ORS, PHB, PRO, TUR, VDC, VDH, VGF, XEB, XEF, XEH, XEN, XEO, XEU, XEZ, XFA, XFC, XFE CSC_S8500_Other_King_ChinaLK1.csc: o Languages: Only English o CSCs: BHT, CMF, CYO, EUR, FOP, GBL, HAT, INU, MBM, MOT, MTL, NEE, ODK, SER, SMO, TDC, TEN, TLA, TMT, TNO, TPH, TRA, VDS, VVT, XEE, XTC CSC_S8500_European_King_ChinaLK2.csc: o Only use if you actually need chinese or korean input language! o Languages: English text and T9 supported in English, Chinese(S), Korean o CSCs: ATO, AUT, DBT, IRD, ITV, KOR, MET, MOZ, ORC, ORS, PHB, PRO, TUR, VDC, VDH, VGF, XEB, XEF, XEH, XEN, XEO, XEU, XEZ, XFA, XFC, XFE CSC_S8500_Other_King_ChinaLK2.csc: o Only use if you actually need chinese or korean input language! o Languages: English text and T9 supported in English, Chinese(S), Korean o CSCs: BHT, CMF, CYO, EUR, FOP, GBL, HAT, INU, MBM, MOT, MTL, NEE, ODK, SER, SMO, TDC, TEN, TLA, TMT, TNO, TPH, TRA, VDS, VVT, XEE, XTC CSC_S8500_German_DBT_King_ChinaLK3.csc o Languages: German, but T9 only supported in English o CSCs: ATO, AUT, DBT
HOW TO FLASH THE LITEREMIX ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Full Flashing ~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Select from the CSC folder the CSC file fitting your needs (check the accompanied text file).  Select from the MenuCFG folder the menu configuration fitting your needs (optional, only if you want Java apps in the main menu).  Check the ETC_Patches folder in zzz_extras for additional customizations. ETC patches are to be used in the ETC field of MultiLoader when full flashing (again, optional).  Full flash with CSC, MenuCFG, ETC patch and the files from this directory.  Still confused? You might want to use Google and search for a flashing tutorial. ETC Patches? ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ETC patches are a new development exlclusive to the liteRemix CFWs. They are to be used in the ETC field of MultiLoader only when full flashing. Using ETC patches you may patch aspects of the system that have been previously unpatchable. Check out the ETC patches and their instructions inside zzz_extras/ETC_Patches folder. Music Hub, Caster, SevenIM, Widgets... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ You might wonder where all the additional apps and widgets have gone. In the liteRemix, these are provided via a seperate extended bonus package with instructions included. You may add these to your running FW at any time without any data loss at all. Yup, your contacts, messages, memos, ... will stay intact, even if you add these later on. Trouble with Facebook or SHP? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Use the MyAccounts patch from inside the folder called 'zzz_extras' (no data loss). This should fix almost all issues regarding the Social Hub. Some options inside the settings menu will be blank after using the patch. Trouble Updating Samsung Market / Account? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This CFW contains slimmed down versions of the Samsung Market and Account. There are good results for most people, but for some there's also trouble with the internal updating mechanisms. If you're among the second group: Just try the Samsung Market patch included in the zzz_extras folder. This will setup Samsung Market and Account the same way they are setup in Hero355's Turko CFW v8.1, which is the most compatible (although not the most 'lite') solution for most users. I Want The Wave III Lockscreen / The Original Icons! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ No problem, both are already included in themes. Just use the themes section inside the display settings to change lockscreen or icons. Still want more? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Checkout the extended bonus package for a lot more stuff: additional ringtones, wallpapers, boot images, boot animations, BadaDroid patch, etc.....
Attention CFW modders:
Due to some heavy reorganisations some stuff that was previously in CSC://CSCsfs/SystemFS and in SHPAPP is now inside the FFS file. Keep that in mind when editing it yourself using my tutorials!
Old stuff (not recommended, but if you need it...) is still available from the old thread. Also, China liteRemix v4 and China liteRemix v3.99 'Classic Design' are still available.
BTW: Again, I don't mind if you 'steal' from this one. In fact, I'd rather be flattered.