Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,636 Members 53,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD]No Ascending Ringer + Call Recording - 4.1.2 K7 - i317

Tip us?

jimaginet
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default No Ascending Ringer + Call Reccord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve.99 View Post
Work perfect with CleanRom 4.5 on Rogers. Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium

Hi I can not find SecPhone.odex file to delete. I know CleanRom 4.5 is de-odex Rom. But you have it work? Please Tell me how?
I did copy the SecPhone.apk file in System/app then I got stuck?

Carrier Rogers
SGH-I317M
CleanRom 4.2.5
BaseBand: J2

royalh
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimaginet View Post
Hi I can not find SecPhone.odex file to delete. I know CleanRom 4.5 is de-odex Rom. But you have it work? Please Tell me how?
I did copy the SecPhone.apk file in System/app then I got stuck?

Carrier Rogers
SGH-I317M
CleanRom 4.2.5
BaseBand: J2
Since CleanROM is already de-odexed, you don't have to delete the odex file...You need to copy the file to \system\app (which you said you did already - did you back up the original file?) and set the permissions correctly... reboot and that's it.
Device Evolution: Various "Dumb" phones -> Palm Pilot -> Compaq iPAQ 3785 -> HTC 8125 -> iPhone 1 -> iPhone 3 -> iPhone 4 -> Galaxy Note II

jimaginet
Old
(Last edited by jimaginet; 23rd February 2013 at 12:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Default No Ascending Ringer + Call Recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalh View Post
Since CleanROM is already de-odexed, you don't have to delete the odex file...You need to copy the file to \system\app (which you said you did already - did you back up the original file?) and set the permissions correctly... reboot and that's it.
Thank you for quick reply
Yes I did. I moved the original to sd card and copy the new one in. after that my phone lock up. I did not even have a change to set permission. And honestly
I have no idea how to set permissions. Check all box? I saw there are 3 rolls of check box. what should I do? Please let me know
Thanks

royalh
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimaginet View Post
Thank you for quick reply
Yes I did. I moved the original to sd card and copy the new one in. after that my phone lock up. I did not even have a change to set permission. And honestly
I have no idea how to set permissions. Check all box? I saw there are 3 rolls of check box. what should I do? Please let me know
Thanks
I'm guessing you have a custom recovery set? CWM or TWRP? If so, try going into recovery and setting the proper permissions (User: rw Group: r Other: r) or you have TWRP, you can choose the "Set Permissions" option and see if that fixes it...
Device Evolution: Various "Dumb" phones -> Palm Pilot -> Compaq iPAQ 3785 -> HTC 8125 -> iPhone 1 -> iPhone 3 -> iPhone 4 -> Galaxy Note II

jimaginet
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalh View Post
I'm guessing you have a custom recovery set? CWM or TWRP? If so, try going into recovery and setting the proper permissions (User: rw Group: r Other: r) or you have TWRP, you can choose the "Set Permissions" option and see if that fixes it...
I do have TWRP. I did not know if I can set permission using TWRP?. Anyway I just went back to System/app and checked out the permission setting of the original SecPhone.apk file. I saw only 4 checks box. So again I copied the new SecPhone.apk back and set permission exactly to original file. and reboot. It works....Cool!!!
Thanks

Gucci.Nexus
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Default Re: [MOD]No Ascending Ringer + Call Recording - 4.1.2 K7 - i317

Anyone tried this on a 4.2.2 build, like Jedi?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium
Phone: Galaxy Note II - SGH-i317M Provider: Telus Rom: Stock 4.3 Kernel: Stock Recovery: Stock

--------------
Thanks to the Devs hard work and the power of sharing!

Gucci.Nexus
Old
Thanks Meter 18

Works great on stock 4.1.2

Anyone know how to change where they get stored? I want to be able to store recordings on my micro sd card.

Anyway how to make it always record automatically?

Phone: Galaxy Note II - SGH-i317M* Provider: Telus Rom: Stock - rooted (JB 4.1.2) Kernel: Stock Recovery: Stock

--------------
Phone: Galaxy Note II - SGH-i317M Provider: Telus Rom: Stock 4.3 Kernel: Stock Recovery: Stock

--------------

jimaginet
Old
Thanks Meter 7

There is no way to save it to sd card. Hope the developer who creates this mod will change it in the near future. I also wish that I can record the ringing sound too.
Love this mod

Sent from my SGH-I317M
The Following User Says Thank You to jimaginet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

biswasd
Old
Thanks Meter 23
has this beeen proven to work with BT headest as well?? last i heard, no solution has been found whereby calls can be recorded while using a BT headset????

xqj37
Old
Thanks Meter 1

I've searched this thread and can't seem to find out where the call recordings are saved. Can anyone help me?

Btw, I'm running JEDI XP11 and installation seemed to go well.