Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] undervolt and overvolt?

OP jdmohn12

26th January 2013, 03:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

32 posts
I Have the MeanBean and when I overclock and undervolt it works ok for a wile but after about 2 or 3 hours it will reboot untill I have rebooted it myself then its ok for a wile. I have tried to run as normal volt with overclock and same thing happens but if I overvolt and overclock to the 1.7 it runs ok. When I was on meanbean 2.8 the overclock was built into the rom. can someone tell me why this is and what I can do to get it stable and how far I can go with the overclock and voltage.
26th January 2013, 03:55 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Crown Point
Thanks Meter: 4,458

2,490 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Q] undervolt and overvolt?
It's actually varies, some phones can't oc at all, some can only to 1.8 and some can go all the way to 2.1. Same goes for voltage. It's best to see how your phone reacts to each. So if 1.7 works for you then that might be your phones limit.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thicklizard For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2013, 03:57 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 2,121

3,889 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmohn12

I Have the MeanBean and when I overclock and undervolt it works ok for a wile but after about 2 or 3 hours it will reboot untill I have rebooted it myself then its ok for a wile. I have tried to run as normal volt with overclock and same thing happens but if I overvolt and overclock to the 1.7 it runs ok. When I was on meanbean 2.8 the overclock was built into the rom. can someone tell me why this is and what I can do to get it stable and how far I can go with the overclock and voltage.

Each phone is different. Some phones handle overclocking/underclocking and over/undervolting better than others. What works for one may not work for the other. Find the setup that best suits your needs and stick with it.

The advice is free....the bandwidth, not so much
The Following User Says Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2013, 04:02 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

32 posts
will this all change with the rom that I am using or is this all just in the phone? when I was on meanROM it was overclocked to 1.890 and it ran great, now I am not sure if I can get back to that or not. not tried it yet, going to see what happens after a day or two then try going up from there.
26th January 2013, 04:08 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Crown Point
Thanks Meter: 4,458

2,490 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmohn12

will this all change with the rom that I am using or is this all just in the phone? when I was on meanROM it was overclocked to 1.890 and it ran great, now I am not sure if I can get back to that or not. not tried it yet, going to see what happens after a day or two then try going up from there.

Well it could be the kernel used for now. Since htc has not released source, mean bean is using a hacked stock kernel. When you were on mean rom the oc and and voltage tables where written into the actual kernel source. Until htc releases the source that can not be done.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thicklizard For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2013, 04:10 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 2,121

3,889 posts
Donate to Me
More
I think some of the variables affecting how the phone runs has to do not only with the phone itself but the ROM, also. When I was on ICS I ran Viper4G with a custom kernel OC'd to 1.9 and my phone ran without a hitch. I haven't been able to do the same since I've been on JB. Having said that, keep in mind that the kernel source for JB hasn't been released yet (as stated above). Once the source drops you'll see improvements in the kernels and how the phone runs overall

The advice is free....the bandwidth, not so much
Last edited by Magnum_Enforcer; 26th January 2013 at 04:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2013, 04:19 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

32 posts
and as we all know there is no telling when they will release that code. Thank you for the quick answers. I will see what happens in the next day or two.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread