5,600,664 Members 36,845 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Petition]NVFlash on JB Bootloader

Tip us?

-angel*
Old
(Last edited by -angel*; 31st March 2013 at 07:42 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Default [Petition]NVFlash on JB Bootloader

Hey mates! I know some of you were very disappointed when they realized Asus prevented NVFlash in there OTA 9.4.5.30 and higher...

So we decided over at the TF300 forums to make a petition and also to include TF700 as both TF300 and TF700 are suffering from the same problem.

You can vote for the petition here!

You can also help by putting the link to the petition or this thread in your signature! Or just ask your friends to do a favor and sign it

edit 31th March We need to put more pressure to Asus! I'm pretty sure sending them a customer suggestion with a link to the petition and some text that you want it will help! Here you can send them one (in your own language)

Also Member hazard17 was kind enough to create a facebook page for it!

Share this with all android enthusiasts you know so we get as much votes as possible and Asus reverts their changes! If we have some votes together we can send them an E-Mail with the petition or make a suggestion here... But for now, vote and send the petition to everybody you know!

Unfortunately mods say we can't get this thread sticky so maybe a bump would be needed as I'm not very active at TF700 section

edit 30th january 13:
Quote:
Originally Posted by -angel* View Post
Bit of news: Sended a customer suggestion to Asus and got an answer that they'll send it to their headquarter in Taiwan - so first step is done, but this doesn't mean we stop the petition, this means we have to keep it going to show them that people who want this get more and more

For those who don't know what NVFlash is: Dev Thread, xda developers wiki
Press THANKS if I helped!

Devices:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2
Acer Iconia W700
Asus Nexus 7
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to -angel* For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mc_365
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by -angel* View Post
Hey mates! I know some of you were very disappointed when they realized Asus prevented NVFlash in there OTA 9.4.5.30 and higher...

So we decided over at the TF300 forums to make a petition and also to include TF700 as both TF300 and TF700 are suffering from the same problem.

You can vote for the petition here!

Share this with all android enthusiasts you know so we get as much votes as possible and Asus reverts their changes! If we have some votes together we can send them an E-Mail with the petition or make a suggestion here... But for now, vote and send the petition to everybody you know!

If there is some positive feedback over here too I'll contact a mod to make the thread sticky, because it's pointless if I don't know if you really want it

For those who don't know what NVFlash is: Dev Thread, xda developers wiki
I signed, this device needs some attention from asus.
The Following User Says Thank You to mc_365 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maxal
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_365 View Post
I signed, this device needs some attention from asus.
+1 I have signed to.
Asus Vivotab tf810c Windows 8.1.1
HTC One unlocked+rooted+S-Off 4.4.2
Nexus 5 unlocked+rooted 4.4.2

parwathy
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Signed
Good idea, I hope it will help to get some attention from Asus... Fingers crossed

-angel*
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Updated OP with advice to share it

Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S2
Acer Iconia W700
Asus Nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to -angel* For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kali113
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Just signed, also sharing the link.
Hope it`s gonna happen

-angel*
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Bit of news: Sended a customer suggestion to Asus and got an answer that they'll send it to their headquarter in Taiwan - so first step is done, but this doesn't mean we stop the petition, this means we have to keep it going to show them that people who want this get more and more I'll send them a reply how and when I'll get the decision from Taiwan now and probably I'll have the next bit of news in 2 days as this is the usual time they need

Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S2
Acer Iconia W700
Asus Nexus 7

saugstauber
Old
Thanks Meter 83

DONATE TO ME
Keep on doing this petition mate!
Just signed it...
Need a detailed video instruction on how-to unlock, root and flash a CustomRom? For setting dual-boot with Android and Linux?
>> My YouTube channel<<
There you can find this for HTC One (M7), HTC One X, ASUS TF700T and even more stuff!

-angel*
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Status update

Quote:
Originally Posted by German
vielen Dank für Ihre Antwort. Ich habe die Information rein zur Kentnissnahme an die Kollegen der Entwicklung weitergeleitet. Bitte beachten Sie das derartige Änderungen nur vorgenommen werden können, wenn eine entsprechend hohe nachvollziehbare Nachfrage besteht.
Quote:
Originally Posted by English
Thanks for your answer. I've submitted your information to our colleagues. Please not that such changes only get applied if there is an
proportionate demand.
So guys, seems like he wants to say we need some more votes to have a chance! I'll now contact some devs if I can post it in their ROM threads, but be sure not to spam in threads that have nothing to do with it - better put it in a big font in your signature

Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S2
Acer Iconia W700
Asus Nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to -angel* For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nebucatnetzer
Old
Thanks Meter 6245
Default Re: [Petition]NVFlash on JB Bootloader

I tried to sign it this morning but it didn't work. Will try ahem in the evening.
Tutorials and useful Links for Beginners
No idea how to undervolt? Go to -->My tutorial<--
Learn how to get and read logcats-->HowTo by Stryke_the_Orc<--
Want to learn how to use ADB? Go to -->ADB for Dummies<--
Kernel governors, and other stuff explained by droidphile -->here<--

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe