Post Reply

[ROM] [6/3] RebelROM Senseless Jelly Bean

OP bpear96

27th January 2013, 05:28 PM   |  #11  
bpear96's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,585
 
1,693 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
Download link posted Sense browser readded (for now)

Enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to bpear96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2013, 05:28 PM   |  #12  
Silellak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 531
 
1,071 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Oh, bpear, quick question. I've been getting prompts for the last week or two about updates from HTC to the Camera app and the Contacts app.

Did you install these? If so, will those updates be included with the new ROM? If not, would you recommend installing them or avoiding them?
27th January 2013, 05:33 PM   |  #13  
bpear96's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,585
 
1,693 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silellak

Oh, bpear, quick question. I've been getting prompts for the last week or two about updates from HTC to the Camera app and the Contacts app.

Did you install these? If so, will those updates be included with the new ROM? If not, would you recommend installing them or avoiding them?

Yeah I noticed that to. Seems to be HTC trying to push a updated Camera and contacts app, not sure what they updated. I included lyapotas custom HTC camera app. Also the contact app with this rom is themed, which this would overwrite. I was curious and acepted it and it seemed to fail in updating, probably because the APKS are modified. Ill try to block/remove that update prompt for next update.
The Following User Says Thank You to bpear96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2013, 05:37 PM   |  #14  
Silellak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 531
 
1,071 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpear96

Yeah I noticed that to. Seems to be HTC trying to push a updated Camera and contacts app, not sure what they updated. I included lyapotas custom HTC camera app. Also the contact app with this rom is themed, which this would overwrite. I was curious and acepted it and it seemed to fail in updating, probably because the APKS are modified. Ill try to block/remove that update prompt for next update.

Yeah I knew it was a custom camera app, that's why I was reluctant to install it. Thanks for the heads-up! I've turned off the scheduled check for now.
27th January 2013, 05:46 PM   |  #15  
ronnyg12's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpear96

Ok great, again i really appreciate you taking your time to fix that bug !

Oh and removed download link to rom real quick, turns out CM10 browser is force closing, should have tested it better before uploading lol. Link will be back up soon.

Thank you for your work being stuck on the 4.1.1 version is hard as you can only get the Sense ROMS but you fixed our temp problem awaiting for the download :S

never mind download is there :$ testing this out !
Last edited by ronnyg12; 27th January 2013 at 05:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ronnyg12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2013, 05:56 PM   |  #16  
Silellak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 531
 
1,071 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
I found one possible issue with my camera fix so far - videos recorded in the portrait orientation only seem to play inside the Gallery app. On my computer, they show up as mp4 files with no video.

Not really a big deal as far as I'm concerned (because you shouldn't be recording portrait videos anyway ), but still something I thought was worth noting.

Of course, this could also be an issue with the camera app itself, rather than my camera fix. Hard to say for sure. I tested it with several apps, though, and it still seems to be happening, so I'm leaning toward something in the ROM.

One more thing: even though it doesn't play right on my computer, I can still upload it to YouTube directly from the phone via the YouTube app:

http://youtu.be/d1cQRRgtY50

Strange.
Last edited by Silellak; 27th January 2013 at 06:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Silellak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2013, 05:57 PM   |  #17  
RollTribe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Virginia, USA
Thanks Meter: 732
 
1,902 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Re: [ROM][1/27] RebelROM Senseless Jelly Bean
As I've been on Viper and Hatka for the past 3 weeks, I forgot, how do you remove the power saver notification?
27th January 2013, 06:30 PM   |  #18  
utkaar099's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1,894
 
1,085 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
It's nice to see this rom back Great work!
The Following User Says Thank You to utkaar099 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2013, 06:32 PM   |  #19  
bpear96's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,585
 
1,693 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silellak

I found one possible issue with my camera fix so far - videos recorded in the portrait orientation only seem to play inside the Gallery app. On my computer, they show up as mp4 files with no video.

Not really a big deal as far as I'm concerned (because you shouldn't be recording portrait videos anyway ), but still something I thought was worth noting.

Of course, this could also be an issue with the camera app itself, rather than my camera fix. Hard to say for sure. I tested it with several apps, though, and it still seems to be happening, so I'm leaning toward something in the ROM.

One more thing: even though it doesn't play right on my computer, I can still upload it to YouTube directly from the phone via the YouTube app:

http://youtu.be/d1cQRRgtY50

Strange.

That is strange.. can you play it with something like VLC on your computer maybe? Maybe its a bug that HTC was addressing with the camera update lol
27th January 2013, 07:38 PM   |  #20  
CheesyNutz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 3,131
 
11,554 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Re: [ROM][1/27] RebelROM Senseless Jelly Bean
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTribe

As I've been on Viper and Hatka for the past 3 weeks, I forgot, how do you remove the power saver notification?

Apps - all apps scroll down to powersaver click it and unchecked the box

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in One X Android Development by ThreadRank