Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,558 Members 42,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [6/3] RebelROM Senseless Jelly Bean

Tip us?

bpear96
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2425

DONATE TO ME
Download link posted Sense browser readded (for now)

Enjoy!
Current phone: Google Nexus 4 w/ LTE - Paranoid Android + Franco w/ART
Current tablet: 2013 Nexus 7 32GB - ParanoidAndroid
Desktop: elementaryOS Luna + Windows 8.1 for gaming..

Awaiting surgery: S-OFF! AT&T HTC One X - CarbonROM (My builds)

Want Band 4(T-Mobile in USA, check Band 4 carriers here) LTE on your Nexus 4? Flash my AIO N4 LTE Enabler zip!
Tech news site: http://gizmoluster.com
The Following User Says Thank You to bpear96 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Silellak
Old
Thanks Meter 525
Oh, bpear, quick question. I've been getting prompts for the last week or two about updates from HTC to the Camera app and the Contacts app.

Did you install these? If so, will those updates be included with the new ROM? If not, would you recommend installing them or avoiding them?

bpear96
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2425

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silellak View Post
Oh, bpear, quick question. I've been getting prompts for the last week or two about updates from HTC to the Camera app and the Contacts app.

Did you install these? If so, will those updates be included with the new ROM? If not, would you recommend installing them or avoiding them?
Yeah I noticed that to. Seems to be HTC trying to push a updated Camera and contacts app, not sure what they updated. I included lyapotas custom HTC camera app. Also the contact app with this rom is themed, which this would overwrite. I was curious and acepted it and it seemed to fail in updating, probably because the APKS are modified. Ill try to block/remove that update prompt for next update.

Want Band 4(T-Mobile in USA, check Band 4 carriers here) LTE on your Nexus 4? Flash my AIO N4 LTE Enabler zip!
The Following User Says Thank You to bpear96 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Silellak
Old
Thanks Meter 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpear96 View Post
Yeah I noticed that to. Seems to be HTC trying to push a updated Camera and contacts app, not sure what they updated. I included lyapotas custom HTC camera app. Also the contact app with this rom is themed, which this would overwrite. I was curious and acepted it and it seemed to fail in updating, probably because the APKS are modified. Ill try to block/remove that update prompt for next update.
Yeah I knew it was a custom camera app, that's why I was reluctant to install it. Thanks for the heads-up! I've turned off the scheduled check for now.

ronnyg12
Old
(Last edited by ronnyg12; 27th January 2013 at 05:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpear96 View Post
Ok great, again i really appreciate you taking your time to fix that bug !

Oh and removed download link to rom real quick, turns out CM10 browser is force closing, should have tested it better before uploading lol. Link will be back up soon.
Thank you for your work being stuck on the 4.1.1 version is hard as you can only get the Sense ROMS but you fixed our temp problem awaiting for the download :S

never mind download is there :$ testing this out !
If i helped you or made you laugh
Hit the thanks button !

- Previous Phones

HTC ONE X - upgraded to nexus 4
HTC sensation 4G
The Following User Says Thank You to ronnyg12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Silellak
Old
(Last edited by Silellak; 27th January 2013 at 06:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 525
I found one possible issue with my camera fix so far - videos recorded in the portrait orientation only seem to play inside the Gallery app. On my computer, they show up as mp4 files with no video.

Not really a big deal as far as I'm concerned (because you shouldn't be recording portrait videos anyway ), but still something I thought was worth noting.

Of course, this could also be an issue with the camera app itself, rather than my camera fix. Hard to say for sure. I tested it with several apps, though, and it still seems to be happening, so I'm leaning toward something in the ROM.

One more thing: even though it doesn't play right on my computer, I can still upload it to YouTube directly from the phone via the YouTube app:

http://youtu.be/d1cQRRgtY50

Strange.
The Following User Says Thank You to Silellak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RollTribe
Old
Thanks Meter 730
Default Re: [ROM][1/27] RebelROM Senseless Jelly Bean

As I've been on Viper and Hatka for the past 3 weeks, I forgot, how do you remove the power saver notification?
Current as of 6/12/14 @ 9:27 PM EST
Phone: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T
ROM: Mahdi
ROM Version: 2.6 (6/12)
Kernel: ElementalX
Android version: KitKat 4.4.3

Old Phones
Some Motorola flip phone - retired
LG Shine - battery died
Samsung Solstice - retired
HTC Evita - died
HTC Evita (replacement) - retired

ROM: ViperXL
ROM Version: 4.2.0
Kernel: ElementalX 8.3.2
Android version: Jellybean 4.2.2
Radio: 3.18
S-Off

utkaar099
Old
Thanks Meter 1894

DONATE TO ME
It's nice to see this rom back Great work!
Device History
Quote:
-HTC One Dev Edition [CURRENT]
-AT&T HTC One X [RETIRED]
-Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 [SOLD]
-Crappy Nokia [DEAD]

Did I help you out? If so, no need to say thanks. Just hit that "thanks" button!

My Work
-Android File Host
-goo.im
-MEGA
The Following User Says Thank You to utkaar099 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bpear96
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2425

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silellak View Post
I found one possible issue with my camera fix so far - videos recorded in the portrait orientation only seem to play inside the Gallery app. On my computer, they show up as mp4 files with no video.

Not really a big deal as far as I'm concerned (because you shouldn't be recording portrait videos anyway ), but still something I thought was worth noting.

Of course, this could also be an issue with the camera app itself, rather than my camera fix. Hard to say for sure. I tested it with several apps, though, and it still seems to be happening, so I'm leaning toward something in the ROM.

One more thing: even though it doesn't play right on my computer, I can still upload it to YouTube directly from the phone via the YouTube app:

http://youtu.be/d1cQRRgtY50

Strange.
That is strange.. can you play it with something like VLC on your computer maybe? Maybe its a bug that HTC was addressing with the camera update lol

CheesyNutz
Old
Thanks Meter 2949
Default Re: [ROM][1/27] RebelROM Senseless Jelly Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTribe View Post
As I've been on Viper and Hatka for the past 3 weeks, I forgot, how do you remove the power saver notification?
Apps - all apps scroll down to powersaver click it and unchecked the box

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Copy Cloud storage https://copy.com?r=cgXMEB
DropBox Cloud storage http://db.tt/UnygTbN