Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 39,970 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dead kindle after installing TWRP

Tip us?

fmkilo
Old
Thanks Meter 187

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitlow13 View Post
Hello there..

1. i have KF2
2.i rooted with this guide..http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2075959
3.installed TWRP with this guide...http://liliputing.com/2011/12/how-to...-firmware.html
4.Win 7
you're in the same boat. installing the wrong device's stuff! I wish people would read. there is an easier way to install twrp...
FMKilo @ forum.xda-developers
freenode irc #kf2-dev

keepitlow13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkilo View Post
you're in the same boat. installing the wrong device's stuff! I wish people would read. there is an easier way to install twrp...
i tried to install twrp with kindle fire utility but it was getting stuck and pretty much nothing was working for me. so does this mean the kindle is done?

wannalude
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Similar problem but mine worked for two days.

Twrp and running CM10. Everything running sweet for two days, the wife says she went to use it and it just wouldn't turn on. Power button is green and it does nothing.

giido
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default recover

maybe you need to recover using a "factory" cable and "fastboot" search for it. grtz..

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

hmm.. there's lots of stuff to read, one only has to find the right noob manual, so where to find the right working one?

Funsturr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannalude View Post
Similar problem but mine worked for two days.

Twrp and running CM10. Everything running sweet for two days, the wife says she went to use it and it just wouldn't turn on. Power button is green and it does nothing.

I also had this problem today, I performed a hard reset. holding powerbutton for 20 sec, It rebooted fine, it has since been working.