Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,176 Members 51,476 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

-[ROM]- Dandroid 5.4 [4.3 TW] [CyanogenWiz] 12/24/2013 Stable release

Tip us?

brian6685
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Running great for me. I'm on AT&T and did not even have to replace build.prop. Everything is working great right out of the box. Still can't see mms sometimes while in mms thread with other people... Think thats an issue using aosp mms with touchwiz. Thanks!

Danvdh
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 11299

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdithug View Post
Lol nice another fellow dutchman.

I would have flashed last night but had 5% battery and I'm pretty sure I will need to edit my build prop or the update script in the rom zip as I'm currently on tasks aokp rom which changed my build prop to read d2att.

When I get a chance I am definitely flashing this to give it a whirl. Screen shots looks good so far!

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
build.prop will be d2can by default bro
If you would like to support me, Donate here I've spent countless hours on my projects with many sleepless nights. Donations are appreciated and keep me motivated

Need help? Follow me on twitter and I will answer any ROM or Android questions.

bdithug
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Default Re: [ROM] Dandroid v2.01 LL1 LATEST! deodexed, zip aligned, debloated. AOSP feel. 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danvdh View Post
build.prop will be d2can by default bro
My build prop was d2can by default. But when I flashed tasks aokp I had issues because his rom is d2att. So I modified the update script in the rom so it would install on my d2can device. Now my build prop says d2att. So I just have to do the opposite this time I think. I'll try flashing first and see how it goes. I just need time to do it... Would have done it today at work but it's a busy day.

Danvdh
Old
(Last edited by Danvdh; 28th January 2013 at 07:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11299

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratwork View Post
Looks good. Any chance to get AOSP lock screen?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2002620

will have the lockscreen your looking for, you can add it yourself if you would like, if it breaks the theme just reflash the theme go here and download the lidroid version, boot into recovery and flash the aroma installer, look for ice cream theme (not centred clock, unless you want it!) and finish the install, don't reboot, wipe cache/dalvik and fix permissions and reboot and you will have the rom fully working with aosp locksreen

I don't really see a need to bake an aosp lockscreen into my rom but here it is for the people who would like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdithug View Post
My build prop was d2can by default. But when I flashed tasks aokp I had issues because his rom is d2att. So I modified the update script in the rom so it would install on my d2can device. Now my build prop says d2att. So I just have to do the opposite this time I think. I'll try flashing first and see how it goes. I just need time to do it... Would have done it today at work but it's a busy day.

hmm that's strange, the only rom to ever give me problems due to region build.prop issues was CM10, I've flashed tasks aokp build many times with no issues coming from all sorts of roms, one of the main reason I created this one is because I'm sick of not having a completely stable fully working rom, instead of being a troll and a nuisance in his thread like a lot of newer XDA members, I felt I would create my own rom that would work 100% until there is a stable 4.2.1 with working BT audio and wifi tether that I'm sure alot of the members here will flock too
If you would like to support me, Donate here I've spent countless hours on my projects with many sleepless nights. Donations are appreciated and keep me motivated

xijar
Old
(Last edited by xijar; 28th January 2013 at 07:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Flashing now. As soon as I saw Dandroid I knew this would be awesome... Always named my WiFi hotspot Dandroid because my name is Dan!
Anyways, The fact that you got the AOSP look with the stability of a fully functional touchwiz rom has me very excited. Can't wait to get this bad boy running. Thank you for all of your hard work.

Oh and one quick question, could I just drop the american build.prop into the install zip so I don't have to play with root explorer or permissions?

PS. Your donate link is not working.

Danvdh
Old
Thanks Meter 11299

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xijar;37302021below
Flashing now. As soon as I saw Dandroid I knew this would be awesome... Always named my WiFi hotspot question, d because my name is Dan!
Anyways, The fact that you got the AOSP look with the stability of a fully functional touchwiz rom has me very excited. Can't wait to get this bad boy running. Thank you for all of your hard work.

Oh and one quick question, could I just drop the american build.prop into the install zip so I don't have to play with root explorer or permissions?

PS. Your donate link is not working.
Sorry about the link. The one beside my name to your left works though. I'll fix my sig when I get home from work as for your question. No flash the zip then swap out the build.prop file. You will have no issues

xijar
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danvdh View Post
Sorry about the link. The one beside my name to your left works though. I'll fix my sig when I get home from work as for your question. No flash the zip then swap out the build.prop file. You will have no issues
Thanks for the quick response! Now I am actually flashing now!

Danvdh
Old
Thanks Meter 11299

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xijar View Post
Thanks for the quick response! Now I am actually flashing now!
Awesome. Can't wait to hear your feedback

brian6685
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Danvdh... Are you having any issues with mms? When people send me pictures it opens up a separate thread for them to show me the picture, and if its with multiple people, it won't show me anything?

Danvdh
Old
Thanks Meter 11299

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6685 View Post
Danvdh... Are you having any issues with mms? When people send me pictures it opens up a separate thread for them to show me the picture, and if its with multiple people, it won't show me anything?
Group mms using my AOSP mms app will be a little faulty. Regular mms works perfect. if it's a huge deal for you just grab gosms or handscent untill the issue is figured out bro. I don't see it in normal text convos with mms. The pictures I receive are never in a new message. It's always in the proper sms conversation

The Following User Says Thank You to Danvdh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]