Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

-[ROM]- Dandroid 5.4 [4.3 TW] [CyanogenWiz] 12/24/2013 Stable release

OP Danvdh

24th February 2013, 02:26 AM   |  #751  
Ghstudent's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 378
 
813 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM] Dandroidv2.6 LL1 (newest I747 base)- ddexed-Full AOSP look or Stock TW 02/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by z34370z

I admit I was a little harsh and should of said it a little differently. Its more than just "some" phones. I've had a couple of s3's and both have issues with the kernel. If you look at his thread there are pages of people with random reboots. I'm not saying I don't appreciate his work but it would be nice if we can figure out what tweak is making it unstable ya know.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

The only time I experience random reboots is when I'm using YouTube, would you like to pin that on ktoonsez as well?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
24th February 2013, 07:20 AM   |  #752  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
254 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Re: [ROM] Dandroidv2.6 LL1 (newest I747 base)- ddexed-Full AOSP look or Stock TW 02/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghstudent

The only time I experience random reboots is when I'm using YouTube, would you like to pin that on ktoonsez as well?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I did admit I was a bit harsh but if your gonna be like that then try switching to stock kernel if it fixes your reboots then yes it is what it is now isn't it..

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
24th February 2013, 07:36 AM   |  #753  
Ghstudent's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 378
 
813 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM] Dandroidv2.6 LL1 (newest I747 base)- ddexed-Full AOSP look or Stock TW 02/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by z34370z

I did admit I was a bit harsh but if your gonna be like that then try switching to stock kernel if it fixes your reboots then yes it is what it is now isn't it..

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

You were being way more than a bit harsh, that was a full out "get your **** together or go away" and I have fixed my rebooting problem by clearing YouTube data, I did dirty flash after all

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
24th February 2013, 11:08 AM   |  #754  
Danvdh's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto, Canada
Thanks Meter: 12,845
 
4,722 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghstudent

You were being way more than a bit harsh, that was a full out "get your **** together or go away" and I have fixed my rebooting problem by clearing YouTube data, I did dirty flash after all

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

everything works 100% for me as well anyone having reboots or force closes. the issue is with YOUR phone. if Idyar and I are 100% working, then it's stable and your doing something wrong OR you phone is rejecting the kernel, no big deal. flash faux or the stock one right? also let's drop the KT thing, it was probably posted out of frustration and has nothing to do with the development of this ROM
24th February 2013, 03:17 PM   |  #755  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
254 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Re: [ROM] Dandroidv2.6 LL1 (newest I747 base)- ddexed-Full AOSP look or Stock TW 02/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danvdh

everything works 100% for me as well anyone having reboots or force closes. the issue is with YOUR phone. if Idyar and I are 100% working, then it's stable and your doing something wrong OR you phone is rejecting the kernel, no big deal. flash faux or the stock one right? also let's drop the KT thing, it was probably posted out of frustration and has nothing to do with the development of this ROM

Agreed sir. Agreed. Stock is running perfect for me right now on dandroid 2.6. Your work is appreciated.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
Last edited by z34370z; 24th February 2013 at 03:21 PM.
24th February 2013, 04:28 PM   |  #756  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
139 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Re: [ROM] Dandroidv2.6 LL1 (newest I747 base)- ddexed-Full AOSP look or Stock TW 02/2
I'm making the leap back for this Rom tried it it's fast er imo then cm maybe. Anyway I am having problem with getting the aosp mms to work I flash but shows up nowhere. If I make this my option I get stock messaging or aosp both or one or other sorry if this had been addressed but still in shock how smooth and you got this to look just like stock

Don't blame me if there typos this phone has a mind of its running cyanogenmod leaping back but I think it's worth it for features I've missed.
24th February 2013, 05:15 PM   |  #757  
fillyo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
665 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Does wifi tether work on this rom or do you need to flash some type of mod? I installed this ROM last night on my buddies new ATT GS3, and everything worked but tethering. Also, does AT&T really block video chat on LTE using google talk? He got a message stating you must be in wifi. That's pretty sucky.
24th February 2013, 05:38 PM   |  #758  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
139 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Re: [ROM] Dandroidv2.6 LL1 (newest I747 base)- ddexed-Full AOSP look or Stock TW 02/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fillyo

Does wifi tether work on this rom or do you need to flash some type of mod? I installed this ROM last night on my buddies new ATT GS3, and everything worked but tethering. Also, does AT&T really block video chat on LTE using google talk? He got a message stating you must be in wifi. That's pretty sucky.

Wi-Fi tether would be through the kernel check out ktoonz thread see if it's working there in. It's working for me on cm try it without password.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to jridda10121 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 07:32 PM   |  #759  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
67 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Re: [ROM] Dandroidv2.6 LL1 (newest I747 base)- ddexed-Full AOSP look or Stock TW 02/2
So should i just flash another kernel to fix the force closes? Is instigatorx's kernel good and help battey life?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Anyone have the link for version 2.5?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 07:36 PM   |  #760  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
219 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Re: [ROM] Dandroidv2.6 LL1 (newest I747 base)- ddexed-Full AOSP look or Stock TW 02/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danvdh

It works for me perfectly...

Hmm. Even from an iphone use?

Now when you click on the photo it force closes.

Weird, now she can't view any videos that she had saved on her phone. This is on Dandroid 2.6 with the kernel that came with it.

Think it could be a kernel issue?
Last edited by ReidStylez; 24th February 2013 at 09:36 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes