5,598,718 Members 38,440 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][LINARO][29/09/13][4.3]-SentinelROM v5.00-CM10.2 Source - Fast, Stable[GPL]

Tip us?
 
asweiler
Old
(Last edited by asweiler; 29th January 2013 at 10:56 PM.)
#21  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 72
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default Re: [ROM] [28/01/13] - SentinelROM v3.00 - CM10.1 Base - Fast, Stable, Themed

No lag at all it works so damn well on the Nexus 10 it's ridiculous

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

S*** if it's a server related thing I already have that covered I have two servers one is at home and another is my web server that I have hosted for me on a super powerful data center. Although I think you going with something like rom manager or any other 1 of those update urs would be the good way to go

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app
 
asweiler
Old
#22  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 72
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_fosgate View Post
Why is the size so different?
I did some reading and tests, and the reason for it is because the CM one has less pre-installed Google Apps.
 
Sentinel196
Old
#23  
Sentinel196's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3734
Posts: 3,155
Join Date: Mar 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by asweiler View Post
S*** if it's a server related thing I already have that covered I have two servers one is at home and another is my web server that I have hosted for me on a super powerful data center. Although I think you going with something like rom manager or any other 1 of those update urs would be the good way to go
I have a web server too, but i don't really want to pay for the bandwidth for people to download my ROMs, especially when hardly anyone donates to devs these days.

That's why I'm hosting my ROMs on Dev-Host. Its free and fast. The downside is you don't get a direct link you can use to point an OTA engine to.




Be sure to check out our new/free Android game - Can you be the Wheelie King?
 
asweiler
Old
(Last edited by asweiler; 30th January 2013 at 03:34 AM.)
#24  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 72
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel196 View Post
I have a web server too, but i don't really want to pay for the bandwidth for people to download my ROMs, especially when hardly anyone donates to devs these days.

That's why I'm hosting my ROMs on Dev-Host. Its free and fast. The downside is you don't get a direct link you can use to point an OTA engine to.
Well I have unlimited bandwidth (thanks to NFOServers.com), so that is not even an issue for me. If you want, I would be honored to be your file host for the OTA as well as the download link on the original post.

P.S. I am starting to make an little video guide on how to install this ROM with 100% no issues for fun. I am just doing it because of the "silly" questions that have been asked already. I bet you after this video guide, you will have far less questions like the ones that have issues with installing the ROM from v2.0, v2.10, or from another ROM. If you think it is not worth the time, let me know.
The Following User Says Thank You to asweiler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kampfbestie
Old
#25  
kampfbestie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 130
Posts: 312
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: linz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel196 View Post
Any lag on the home screen and menus when using Nova? I always found it to lag my other devices, but haven't used it much on the N10.
No laag with nova prime everything very smooth and i habe many Widgets in screens
Smartphone//

/ HTC One X / Jellybam
/ Samsung Note 2 / Jellybam

Tablet//

/ Samsung Nexus 10 / craigacgomez Rom (hope soon Jellybam)
The Following User Says Thank You to kampfbestie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Sentinel196
Old
#26  
Sentinel196's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3734
Posts: 3,155
Join Date: Mar 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by asweiler View Post
Well I have unlimited bandwidth (thanks to NFOServers.com), so that is not even an issue for me. If you want, I would be honored to be your file host for the OTA as well as the download link on the original post.

P.S. I am starting to make an little video guide on how to install this ROM with 100% no issues for fun. I am just doing it because of the "silly" questions that have been asked already. I bet you after this video guide, you will have far less questions like the ones that have issues with installing the ROM from v2.0, v2.10, or from another ROM. If you think it is not worth the time, let me know.
I'd rather have control of my own files, but thanks heaps for the offer

As for the video, I think a 3rd party video always carries more weight than a video by the developer, so it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

P.S I was going to record a video myself on the weekend, but I have a shaved head and bandages from surgery so I thought I'd be better to wait till I look less scary! lol




Be sure to check out our new/free Android game - Can you be the Wheelie King?
 
asweiler
Old
#27  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 72
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel196 View Post
I'd rather have control of my own files, but thanks heaps for the offer

As for the video, I think a 3rd party video always carries more weight than a video by the developer, so it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

P.S I was going to record a video myself on the weekend, but I have a shaved head and bandages from surgery so I thought I'd be better to wait till I look less scary! lol
Well you would have access to all of your files. Hell with the FTP info I would give you, you would have access to the whole web server. Hell you can even have something like SentinelROM.com hosted on my web server as well since I can host unlimited domains as well. All the while you would have full control of it all and god knows I would have no intentions of ever touching it. Although I guess I could see how you could feel a little insecure so I understand. I know I can trust you to not mess with anything, so the offer stands if you ever want to.

I will get started on the video guide tonight to tomorrow (as it is 10:43PM right now). So it should be done in about 24 hours or less.
 
Sentinel196
Old
#28  
Sentinel196's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3734
Posts: 3,155
Join Date: Mar 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
LOL. Don't get too carried away :P




Be sure to check out our new/free Android game - Can you be the Wheelie King?
 
asweiler
Old
#29  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 72
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default Re: [ROM] [28/01/13] - SentinelROM v3.00 - CM10.1 Base - Fast, Stable, Themed

Awe come on now what's the fun in not getting carried away?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app
 
Sentinel196
Old
#30  
Sentinel196's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3734
Posts: 3,155
Join Date: Mar 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
I managed to compile CM10.1 from source today. I'll test it when I get home and see if it works. If it does, I can get to making my mods in source and creating my own base, rather than compiling, modding and recompiling




Be sure to check out our new/free Android game - Can you be the Wheelie King?

Tags
cm10.1, cyanogenmod, manta, nexus 10, sentinelrom
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes